Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 18:55   #1
BHPian

Used Car Dealer recommendations in Delhi

Hello Fam !

After 5 months of waiting, I finally got the "Untraceable" report for my stolen vehicle, from the court. While this brings relief, it's now got me thinking on my next vehicle.

I've decided to go for a pre-owned vehicle and have decided on a few:
  1. Toyota Corolla Altis (New Gen)
  2. Honda City (New Gen)
  3. Hyundai Verna Fluidic (New Gen)
  4. Hyundai Creta (Second Gen)
  5. Hyundai i20 (Second Gen)

Before I start hunting for the right car, I'd like to ask for help with two of my concerns:
  1. Are there any known genuine/comparitvely honest/ used car dealers in Delhi NCR or if anyone has had a good experience with one in the capital ?
  2. Is there someone who has experience with pre-owned cars ? I am on tenterhooks my first time looking for a pre-owned and could definitely use some guidance.

TIA. Deepesh

Dear Mod: Please pardon me if I missed an already existing thread on this.
DeepeshKarnik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 08:48   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used Car Dealer recommendations in Delhi

You can get good cars from bad dealers (as I have) or bad cars from good dealers. Remember, the condition of the used car is dictated by how the previous owner kept it, not the dealer.

That said, of course, one must avoid cheats & frauds in the used car market.

Since you are looking for newer models, the best place to start would be the used car divisions of the authorised dealers of Toyota, Honda & Hyundai. Then, expand the search out to good brokers + used car dealerships.

But again, keep the opening statement in mind . You can get good cars from bad dealers or bad cars from good dealers.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 09:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Honest used car dealers in Delhi?
That means you have two major searches scheduled. The first 3 months will be spent finding the handful that may not even exist, and then your car.

Your list of cars is not very exotic, why don't you first fish around on olx/quikr etc for individual sellers. Even the forum classifieds.

I've heard good things about spinny too, give that a shot as well.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 10:59   #4
BHPian

Almost all dealers in Delhi roll back meters and are not exactly trust worthy.
Hiding accidental history, lying about condition or problems, flashing the ECU to get rid of error codes are common practices. A cousin was sold a seemingly mind Jaguar XF that was only a few years old by a dealer who was a "friend". The car turned out to have been rolled back 50k and was involved in a bad accident.
I would suggest you to look for private sellers and save some cash and find genuine examples.
If you find a car with a dealer that you can't resist, by all means take it to the ASS for an inspection and ask for the history of the car, especially the mileage.
Only look at cars in broad daylight and don't feel why to rip apart boot lining to see shoddy repair or welds. Test drive cars from a cold start. All of these apply to buying a car from a private seller too.
Old 26th July 2023, 10:46   #5
BHPian

BHPians - any leads with geniune car dealer who can help selling my 2017 Brezza in nearby states - I seriously hate NCR 10 year ban on diesel cars. Thanks
Old 30th September 2024, 21:02   #6

I am considering buying luxury used car (Merc GL or Merc GLE or Q7) in NCR.
Anyone has experience buying from royal street cars or other used car dealers in NCR area?

I am planning to buy it for 2 yrs or so and then sell.
Strategy is to leverage Delhi cheaper prices by buying 2017 NCR registered car, use for 2 yrs then sell in Bangalore.
I have houses in NCR so transfer registration of 2017 diesel car should not be a problem.

Car will be primarily for long highway drives.

Anyone has bought from Royal street cars or any other used car dealers in NCR , pls share your experience.

Thanks

-naam1010
Old 1st October 2024, 00:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naam1010 View Post
I am considering buying luxury used car (Merc GL or Merc GLE or Q7) in NCR.
Anyone has experience buying from royal street cars or other used car dealers in NCR area?

I am planning to buy it for 2 yrs or so and then sell.
Strategy is to leverage Delhi cheaper prices by buying 2017 NCR registered car, use for 2 yrs then sell in Bangalore.
I have houses in NCR so transfer registration of 2017 diesel car should not be a problem.

Car will be primarily for long highway drives.

Anyone has bought from Royal street cars or any other used car dealers in NCR , pls share your experience.

Thanks

-naam1010
IMO, Royal street cars was started by a dealer that used to be at another outfit called High Street cars earlier, so these people keep moving shop.
The cars they sell are mostly end of life in NCR which have a much higher margin if sold outside. It has become the USP of a number of dealers in Delhi, to generate hype for this purpose through Youtube videos/Social Media reels for a Pan India reach.

That said you could luck out and get a steal deal but Malpractices are common in this trade, so the only recommendation would be to take the car to a Mercedes/Audi Service centre for a Pre-purchase check. A couple of thousand rupees might just save you a couple of lakhs on your resale or on maintainance. Also, you are buying a car that costed nearly/upwards of a Crore, Please keep a maintainance fund of 5-10 lakh rupees for unforeseen situations.

Best of Luck!
Jag4 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks