Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 14:14   #1
BHPian

Jeep Compass booking goof-up by Landmark Jeep, Delhi | Need advice

Hello All,

I need some expert advice urgently. I had booked Jeep compass 2021 4x4 Diesel, Anniversary Edition, Techno Green on 31st Jan 2021 (Jeep had officially launched it on 27th Jan). Booking was done at Landmark Jeep Mathura road Delhi.

My SA has been saying that FCA has confirmed allocation of my vehicle for March 2021, but the allocation did not happen.

Now after multiple follow-ups with with Landmark jeep Mathura road, Landmark sales GM says: FCA has stopped production of Anniversary edition, and they don't know whether FCA will honor my booking and they gave me two options:

1. Either change the Model - this will make my waiting period of last 2 months NULL, and I've to wait again according to waiting period.

2. Landmark has one Anniversary edition which was delivered 2 days ago to their showroom in Jalandhar. They can A lot this vehicle to me, Landmark will transport it from Jalandhar to Delhi. They have shared FCA invoice also for this vehicle (it says vehicle dispatched from FCA plant on 25th March).

Please advice what should I do? Is going with option #2 risky (i don't know why FCA is not honoring booking, and why Landmark is offering a vehicle delivered to some other showroom)

Thanks
Pankaj
pankaj_9730 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 15:47   #2
BHPian

re: Jeep Compass booking goof-up by Landmark Jeep, Delhi | Need advice

Quote:
Landmark will transport it from Jalandhar to Delhi.
Will they transport the car at their risk? i.e. if you do a PDI and find that there are issues with the car before delivery (scratches, dents, etc) will they let you to walk away from the deal without any "penalties"?

Quote:
...gave me two options
You also have option number 3 - cancel the booking and take a refund.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I escalated to the car manufacturer, took a full refund from the dealer and went for a different car. Something didn't feel right and I walked away even though I really wanted the car. Turned out to be a good decision and I ended up with a better car after that.

Have you tried talking to Jeep's customer care? What did they say about the dealer's claim that the production of this specific model has been stopped?

I may be wrong, but from what I understand the anniversary edition may be in limited supply and the dealer is just trying to ensure they don't lose your booking.

All the best!
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:20   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
Will they transport the car at their risk? i.e. if you do a PDI and find that there are issues with the car before delivery (scratches, dents, etc) will they let you to walk away from the deal without any "penalties"?

Have you tried talking to Jeep's customer care? What did they say about the dealer's claim that the production of this specific model has been stopped?

I may be wrong, but from what I understand the anniversary edition may be in limited supply and the dealer is just trying to ensure they don't lose your booking.

All the best!
Thanks for your reply. Yes they will transport vehicle at their own risk, and I have to do payment after I check it in Delhi. Earlier they had said, they will drive car from Jalandhar to Delhi, but denied for this method and the result is that they agreed to get it using a trailer for transport.

To me it looks like that they had a customer in Jalandhar who is no longer buying, thus Landmark wants to sell the vehicle which they already have in inventory rather than taking one more for me from FCA.

I've called Jeep's customer care too, they have promised to call me back.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:15   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Yes they will transport vehicle at their own risk, and I have to do payment after I check it in Delhi. Earlier they had said, they will drive car from Jalandhar to Delhi, but denied for this method and the result is that they agreed to get it using a trailer for transport.

To me it looks like that they had a customer in Jalandhar who is no longer buying, thus Landmark wants to sell the vehicle which they already have in inventory rather than taking one more for me from FCA.

I've called Jeep's customer care too, they have promised to call me back.
I would say they are being honest, what would have stopped them from first having it driven to Delhi and then informing you that the car has arrived, until of course there is a change of color involved. Since they have upfront informed you about the plan, you can give them the benefit of the doubt.

I would suggest, let them get the car, you do a PDI as per Team-Bhp checklist, and once satisfied make the payment. If indeed Jeep is not taking any more bookings for anniversary edition, this might be your last chance to get hold of the car.
AtheK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they will transport vehicle at their own risk, and I have to do payment after I check it in Delhi. Earlier they had said, they will drive car from Jalandhar to Delhi, but denied for this method and the result is that they agreed to get it using a trailer for transport.
Seems fair enough.

As long as you're able to do a thorough PDI and satisfy yourself that there's nothing wrong with the vehicle before making payments there should be no issues.

All the best for your purchase.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 18:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

As long as you can be assured that it will not be driven from Jalandar, it should be fine post a PDI. With odo tampering easily done, I think you should see if you can track the trailer, then it would be assuring.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 18:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Anniversary edition production is stopped indeed as per what I had read. So if you really want to get the anniversary edition, you should seriously not let go of this piece available at Jalandhar.

Let them bring the car here and do your PDI thoroughly. I am sure everything will check out fine. Good luck.
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you are really concerned, catch the Swarn Jayanti Shatabdi from New Delhi and in 5 hours you will be in Jalandhar. Do the PDI yourself and drive it back home.
Traveler is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
If you are really concerned, catch the Swarn Jayanti Shatabdi from New Delhi and in 5 hours you will be in Jalandhar. Do the PDI yourself and drive it back home.
Yes, that I considered but Landmark agreed that make payment if you are satisfied by car in Delhi. I would never make payment if they asked me to pay before shipping car to Delhi.

I called up Jalandhar showroom too and told them I need Compass 4x4 80th Anniversary as prospective new customer. They also said, they do have one vehicle available, but some customer in Delhi is in talks for that (That is me only ).
pankaj_9730 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:21   #10
BANNED

Quote:
2. Landmark has one Anniversary edition which was delivered 2 days ago to their showroom in Jalandhar. They can A lot this vehicle to me, Landmark will transport it from Jalandhar to Delhi. They have shared FCA invoice also for this vehicle (it says vehicle dispatched from FCA plant on 25th March).
It's a no brainer, getting the car to Delhi is their responsibility, not yours. Let them get it the way they wish. You can deny taking the vehicle if you are unsatisfied with the car at the end of the day. I have two such examples to share (Both the times, it was to beat the waiting):

When I took Corolla (Next day of facelift launch), the dealer got it driven from Dehradun to Meerut branch, as the color and model I wanted was readily available at their Dehradun yard. I simply took the delivery of the car.

When my brother in law picked up his Fortuner 4x4 AT (Back in Jan 2015 when it was a relatively new model - the one with black alloys), the car was driven all the way from Delhi to Kanpur, that too from a different dealer's yard altogether, again the dealer managed it all.

See mate, dealership personnel also understand the risk of transporting such vehicle by driving, and they normally don't follow their routine driving style while making such inter city transfers. If the transit risk is in driving, it's equally high in getting it transferred through trailer too - be it the car or truck, both will be driven on the same road after all.

Take your call and decide. I am an off case who normally assure myself and simply allow the delivery (Heck, I have taken delivery of cars which were resting for 10 months in the yard, and they served me fantastically and reliably).

PS: Make sure they don't try to fleece you by demanding the transit charges, there is nothing like that, such transits are not paid for, by the customer.

Last edited by VKumar : 6th April 2021 at 20:24.
VKumar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
[b]It's a no brainer, getting the car to Delhi is

PS: Make sure they don't try to fleece you by demanding the transit charges, there is nothing like that, such transits are not paid for, by the customer.
Thanks. They have already agreed that transport charge (The charges of Trailer carrying car) form Jalandhar to Delhi are on dealership.
Old 6th April 2021, 21:13   #12
BHPian

Simple man,

if you can reject the car after they bring it down due to some issues..... then go for it.

We bought a car in gujarat, registered it in pondi and used it all over the country, transit is no big deal.

Congratulations on the car.
viXit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:19   #13
BHPian

If you like the vehicle then go for it. Here is bhpian mohammedeza's post about his Force Gurkha being delivered to him with odometer reading of 2200 km because the vehicle was driven all the way from Pithampur to kollam. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review)
Sran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 08:38   #14
BHPian

Thanks for the replies fellow Team-BHPians, this is the reason why Team-BHP is one of the most trusted and reliable forum to discuss automobile related issues. I am glad that moderators accepted my membership and I could get help from fellow members when it was needed.

Based on suggestions on this thread, I've asked dealership to get car from Jalandhar to Delhi. Following are the things they agreed:

- Landmark will transport the car to Delhi (expected to arrive by this weekend). They will transport in a trailer, won't drive it to Delhi.
- Landmark Delhi will do complete PDI once vehicle reaches here.
- They will call me when the vehicle arrives, and I can inspect the car. If I am satisfied then make payment.
- Landmark has shared vehicle invoice from FCA. it says vehicle billed in march, VIN also confirms the month of manufacturing.
- I've asked them for Form22 also (they will confirm today)

I'll be studying now Team-BHP PDI checklist to prepare for weekend. Will ask for help if required on PDI thread. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Meanwhile I've escalated this to FCA too, customer care promised to resolve issue in 2 days and their plan is:

- Check the dealership story.
- check with FCA CRM team & FCA plant on status of production of said vehicle and confirm if Dealer is telling truth.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 10:55   #15
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass booking goof-up by Landmark Jeep, Delhi | Need advice

It should be the norm, not the exception, but your dealer appears to be pleasantly transparent and flexible about the whole thing so far. Can't be said for all dealerships out there.

Once the car arrives, spare a couple hours for a thorough and relaxed PDI, preferably take a neutral third party with you who isn't involved in the purchase decision. They tend to notice things an excited owner-to-be might miss.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks