Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2021, 18:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass booking goof-up by Landmark Jeep, Delhi | Need advice

Got an update today from my SA that FCA also has allotted vehicle for me. So I'll be taking the vehicle allocated by FCA not the vehicle which Landmark was supposed to arrange from Jalandhar Landmark.

Looks like I got lucky I was chasing for one vehicle and at present I have option to choose from two!
pankaj_9730 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Got an update today from my SA that FCA also has allotted vehicle for me. So I'll be taking the vehicle allocated by FCA not the vehicle which Landmark was supposed to arrange from Jalandhar Landmark.

Looks like I got lucky I was chasing for one vehicle and at present I have option to choose from two!
Good to hear Pankaj that you have a vehicle allotted. The website still accepts booking for 80th anniversary edition and not sure why FCA is advising dealership not to accept bookings. I feel, that they dont want walk in customers to book that variant. That way, they can increase sales of Limited variant (lower price which gives a feeling of savings 2L to the customer) or get some one who can afford to buy S variant. While 80th misses on some features like ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, digital cluster and subwoofer, dont think that these are real deal breakers. The reason I say this is because, the 80TH anniversary is same as S apart from above features (for diesel and petrol auto). May be they have enough demand for S and hence they want to use that platform for selling S variants and make more margins.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Good to hear Pankaj that you have a vehicle allotted. The website still accepts booking for 80th anniversary edition and not sure why FCA is advising dealership not to accept bookings.
Yes there is no clear communication, but my dealership in Delhi says they are contacting 80th Anniversary customers (who already have booked) to change variant either because FCA won't be producing more Anniversary editions OR they have not idea when FCA will give allocation. What I didn't understand is, how can they deny vehicle to customers who already have booked, they can deny taking new bookings that is fine.

I was following up with FCA also (through customer care), but there was no clear answer on what exactly is happening - Is production stopped for Anniversary edition? how can they deny vehicles for customers whose bookings have been taken. I stopped following it up since yesterday because I got allocation.

One thing for sure is if your booking is for Techno green, the timeline your dealership is telling you has no meaning. Dealers have no clue on ETA from FCA.
Old 11th April 2021, 10:16   #19
BHPian

Jalandhar to Delhi looks like around 400 kms only. If the color and variant of your choice is available there and if you are not comfortable with the dealer doing the transportation for you, why don't you head to Jalandhar, inspect the vehicle, complete the payment and temporary registration formalities (should hardly take 3 hours) and drive down yourself? A small additional cost to pay for your peace of mind. That way, everyone would be happy right?

Last edited by vshankarhere : 11th April 2021 at 10:17.
vshankarhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 10:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
Jalandhar to Delhi looks like around 400 kms only. If the color and variant of your choice is available there and if you are not comfortable with the dealer doing the transportation for you, why don't you head to Jalandhar, inspect the vehicle, complete the payment and temporary registration formalities (should hardly take 3 hours) and drive down yourself?
That's true, and it was one of the options I considered. Fortunately, FCA saved me from this hassle and allocated vehicle from the FCA plant itself for me (It is in transit now)
Old 11th April 2021, 11:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
That's true, and it was one of the options I considered. Fortunately, FCA saved me from this hassle and allocated vehicle from the FCA plant itself for me (It is in transit now)
Excellent! So that settles the issue. So the painful wait starts till you get to get your hands behind the wheel!
Old 16th April 2021, 13:43   #22
BHPian

Finally the car has reached dealership. I completed PDI with help of Team-BHP PDI checklist, it went smooth.

Except for the initial goof-up, Landmark Mathura road has been really helpful in this journey. Their Sales GM got involved when I escalated and she tried to resolve my booking/delivery issue by providing me all possible solutions that were possible for the dealership.

All well that ends well! I will recommend Landmark to anyone planning for a Jeep
pankaj_9730 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks