Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 23:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti dealers' approach towards automatic transmission (AT) car buyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarGoswami View Post
Just asking out of curiosity, what did you buy finally and why?
I bought the Venue DCT. Completed 10k kms as of now. More details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4831179
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 00:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Another factor could be the difference between regular Maruti Showrooms and Nexa. As far as I know, proper automatics like the Baleno, S-Cross, Ciaz and Ertiga+XL 6 are sold through the NEXA network & hence they must be focused on the proper automatics, Whereas the normal Maruti showroom is dominated by AMT.

Quote:
Does anybody in this forum own or test-driven an AT Brezza or UC? What is your view, is it okay to book it without TD?

There are lots of Youtube reviews, but I trust this forum more. Please suggest.
If your friend is interested, forward him the automatic review from Team-Bhp
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4770131 (2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)

My experience has been with the Ciaz, Baleno and S-Cross automatics (similar in Brezza I believe) and they do get the job done. However it is still better to experience the car before buying, since most folks have their own ways of driving.

Last edited by TrackDay : 18th March 2021 at 00:58.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 07:48   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Somewhat simalar story continued at 3 other nearby dealerships. We were greeted with "if you want AT, why come to Maruti" attitude.
If it was just 1 dealer, I would've passed it off as an issue with that salesman. But if you got a similar response at 3 more dealers, it indicates supply issues of the AT or excess leftover stock of the MT. Unfortunately, car dealerships are in the business of selling what ready stock they have (massive inventory costs); that might differ from what the customer actually wants.

Quote:
Does anybody in this forum own or test-driven an AT Brezza

Link to our review of the 1.5L Petrol AT
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 09:12   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RM: "Sir, you will have to pay a non-refundable booking amount of 1,00,000 Rupees. And we cannot guarantee the delivery time, because the Brezza AT is actually made and dispatched per order. And we can provide TD of the manual if you want."
I feel Maruti incorporates such training in their dealerships. I faced similar situation when I went to book my Wagon R with ABS and Airbags in 2012. They gave me similar reasons like non availability, poor sales, really long waiting time of over 2 months, it's not required and can be dangerous if airbag suddenly inflates and what not. When I did not budge, last resort was a 51K booking amount with no refund. I paid that and I was given a time frame of 12 weeks. But car was delivered in less than 4 weeks.
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 21:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Somewhat simalar story continued at 3 other nearby dealerships. We were greeted with "if you want AT, why come to Maruti" attitude.
All you have to do is call Maruti at 1800 102 1800 or mail them - contact@maruti.co.in and they will direct the dealership to reach to your home with a TD car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I feel Maruti incorporates such training in their dealerships.
Not true, this is just what the dealership tells their salesmen/women. Proper Maruti training ensures you give a TD to a prospective customer.
blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 23:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Hopefully Nexa will provide a better pre-sales experience ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
I think this is more of a location centric issue. Last year, here in Delhi, automatic TD vehicles were available across all NEXA dealerships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Another factor could be the difference between regular Maruti Showrooms and Nexa.

You are right!

Update: I called up a Nexa showroom today regarding S-Cross AT, and they immediately agreed to bring a TD vehicle to my place at anytime convenient to me. Seems like the Nexa people are interested in selling their AT boxes after all .
BhaskarG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 11:34   #22
BHPian

Thats really surprising - thank goodness I opted directly for the Toyota Urban Cruiser and thankfully have not had such issues with the Toyota dealership near me (Madhuban Toyota, Kurla Mumbai).

They (and even Wasan Toyota @ Chembur) were more than happy to give me a test drive of the Urban Cruiser AT model.

I am really shocked at this attitude of the dealership(s) of not promoting the AT - I assume either they don't have stocks or they would have received poor feedback about fuel-efficiency (Maruti does seem to have gone a bit overboard by quoting higher efficiency for the Automatic than the manual). I have completed about 1100 kms as of now and even after the first service, being a light-footed driver, I am managing around 11 kmpl. Maybe typical Maruti manual owners are used to more than that
jeetumg27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 11:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody in this forum own or test-driven an AT Brezza or UC? What is your view, is it okay to book it without TD?

Thats the car just before I took the delivery. Did the TBHP PDI to the T

I would not recommend buying it without a test drive - there is a 70-80% chance that you cannot go wrong with it. However, I believe every driver is different, the vehicles owned/driven by them are different and the priorities/buying reasons are likely to be unique for each.

At the end its all about the MOST BALANCED compromise - there is no car which will match 100% to your requirements - and if there is it would be out of your budget

Initially, the Brezza / UC were not even in my consideration list because of the 4-speed TC ; however, reading about the long-term reliability of the gearbox and then test driving it, made a lot of difference and ultimately the UC ticked most boxes in my "must-have" checklist.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti dealers' approach towards automatic transmission (AT) car buyers-img_4687.jpg  

jeetumg27 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 20:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You are right!

Update: I called up a Nexa showroom today regarding S-Cross AT, and they immediately agreed to bring a TD vehicle to my place at anytime convenient to me. Seems like the Nexa people are interested in selling their AT boxes after all .
Exact same experience with me. Could not get test drive of Brezza AT, but S Cross AT was quickly sent for a TD. Probably some deeper reason for this. S cross being a relatively slow seller, I believe they are eager to accommodate (again to liquidate stocks).
dsr001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:36   #25
BHPian

Hello All

I know this may be slightly OT but nonetheless. I think one popular misconception that AMT=AT. It isn’t. AMT is a manual gear box that simply adds the convenience of automating the shifts alone.
When someone says it’s jerky or something similar, it has a very simple solution. Just drive it like you will drive a manual. I have an AMT and let me explain.

WHEN IN THE AUTO MODE: This perhaps is where the most brickbats come from. The way I drive it is based on “feel” when in auto mode. What I mean is, just like in a manual when you know it’s time to change a gear, in AMT too, the computer knows when to change a gear. Simply lift your foot off the A pedal when the gear is about to change. The shift is way way smoother and you save some clutch life too.

WHEN IN MANUAL MODE: To me this is the best and perhaps the only way to drive an AMT. The best part to me is that, I control all up shifts when I want. No computer override at all. Only time the AMT overrides is during downshifts to avoid stalling, thus keeping the car in the right gear when slowing down. As you accelerate, all the control is literally in your hands.

The above two methods works like a charm and I have fallen in love with AMTs. Just remember that AMTs are not ATs, they are very much manual and should be driven as such. Enjoy!
balajiisworking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:48   #26
Kln
BHPian

I've heard of dealer WhatsApp groups where SAs will function in a cartel like style and give the same price/options/excuses for a potential customer, so that he doesn't have any options whatsoever. Heard it existed for sellers looking to sell their cars to dealers originally, but maybe end of financial year has made the SAs gang up to clear their leftover MT Brezza stock maybe?
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 08:38   #27
BHPian

In Cities like Guwahati, this is comman practice by Dealers, not only Maruti. Back in 2016, i too had faced similar situation when we were purhcasing Grand i10 Automatic for my mom. The SA at Saraighat Hyundai Adabari told us to buy the manual instead and she kept on saying AT is very complex and bla bla. I however went ahead and booked the Grand i10 Asta(O) AT despite their hesitation. The car if i remember correctly was delivered after a month from booking date. In cities like Guwahati i think they still dont have the TD vehicle in AT guise as i reckon demand of such vehicles are very less here. I have not seen any automatic TD car in Guwahati which costs less than 15L IMHO.
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 08:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
[b]

RM: "But Sar, AT is a premium feature for cars like BMW, Mercedes etc. It will have high maintenance costs, low resale value. Why don't you go for AMT?"
And this, my friends, is how good cars become flops. The dealers looking for profit rather than customer satisfaction are the main reason for the flopping of cars. Everyone can agree on that right?
OctYFAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctYFAN View Post
And this, my friends, is how good cars become flops. The dealers looking for profit rather than customer satisfaction are the main reason for the flopping of cars. Everyone can agree on that right?
Dealers looking for a profit is the one thing you can guarantee for any brand. Nobody is running a charity for developing the goodwill of the brand. Dealers sell cars which the manufacturer puts trade incentives behind. If dealers cannot be motivated to sell certain variants, I would put it down to the manufacturer not providing the necessary motive in the first place.
greenhorn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:53   #30
BHPian

Rofl. Maruti has adapted its mediocrity with the times. A decade back if you went to the MSIL showrooms and asked for a certain new feature that was becoming common you would be questioned very similarly along the lines of “do you really need it”, “ not what Maruti customers want” to “pay a non refundable deposit”. That elite feature was airbags which were only sold in an elusive (O) i.e. optional variant. Cut to a decade later and they have cars with airbags standard. Fact is they have no AT gearbox worth it’s name. Give it a decade more and we’ll see ATs in all their vehicles. Of course we would’ve probably moved on to electric cars and there will be some other feature that customers will demand and they’ll refuse. Fast charging maybe, who knows.
Iyencar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks