Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nightmarish Tata Tiago booking experience at Wasan Motors, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
The ignorance and Tata bashing displayed by some of our members here is just incredible.
The ignorance of certain people coming to a conclusion about why Tata is being bashed is equally incredible
At the risk of repeating what has been said multiple times in this thread , but doing so for those who can't be bothered to read the whole thing-

While other manufacturers have been transparent about extended timelines for delivery and set reasonable expectations with customers, Tata dealers seem to be doing the opposite. Promise a speedy and unrealistic delivery timeline to get payment and booking from customer and then suddenly either go unresponsive or suddenly trot out the covid/semiconductor shortage excuse once they are paid, and Tata doesn't seem to be doing anything about this either.

Last edited by greenhorn : 2nd April 2021 at 18:29.
greenhorn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
And before people accuse me of being a Tata fan boy, let me assure you my reaction would have been the same if the company concerned was Suzuki or Hyundai or MG or VW. The fact is that delivery times indicated when you book at indications, not guarantees. If prices get revised while you are waiting, you usually need to pay the higher price. And if a car is in short supply and one customer is sitting there, cheque in hand to pay the revised price, while the other is arguing, i would sell to the first customer.
You got your facts wrong. I wasn't giving my 'opinion' regarding new price. I was stating a 'fact'. The customer was supposed to be delivered the car at the old price. Please read the following link regarding TATA price hike.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...207.63%20lakh.

It clearly states that 'However, it applies to bookings made from January 22, whereas bookings made up until January 21 will see no change in costs'

So this customer had booked the vehicle in 1st week of January. Why should he pay the hiked price? How dare they just give the car away to someone else in spite of making this customer wait for longer than promised. This is nothing but extortion. Regarding delivery, people are not bashing the dealer for just not honouring the timeline, it's the way they handled the process. Not calling back the customer in spite of multiple calls, giving the vehicle to someone else just because the customer exercised his right to pay the 'RIGHT' amount and so on. People who spend their valuable time and money don't deserve to be treated like this. And these are not one-off or new incidents. It's been happening frequently and for years. So obviously TATA hasn't been doing much to improve its dealership experience.

When MG can be bashed for having a Chinese parent and reliability concerns, Maruti for poor build quality, Toyota for being too greedy and evil for selling overpriced cars and rebadging Maruti, then TATA deserves to be bashed for horrible pre-sales and after sales experience. And based on some ownership experiences of brand new vehicles breaking down, the reliability also seems to be going down.

Note: I had seriously considered Harrier but had to drop the plan because of the concerns that I mentioned. Otherwise, I think TATA is making some awesome cars at that price point.
Technic90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:47   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Tata failing to deliver a car for the same reason becomes a cause célèbre over here.
Dear Sir

I do agree with the entire post of yours, other than one part, which I have quoted above.

The key issue here is not the delayed delivery, the key issue being highlighted is 'false communication'!

Delivery time is never guaranteed, I completely agree. But sales staff is always aware of the tentative timelines. When the Territory Sales Manager of an area is clearly stating that up to 3 months is the waiting time. How is it acceptable for the sales guy on the floor (customer touch point) to lie about the tentative delivery date? Just to add one more booking to his target, anything else they going to gain?

Semi conductor shortage or not, doesn't matter if the sales team is not being transparent. Although another member has just mentioned that he faced the same issue with XUV 3OO too. But, in our Nexon wait, we inquired about XUV 3OO too, and we were clearly told by every single Mahindra dealer in NCR that a petrol W8(O) will not come before 2 months of waiting. The Nexon (In my case) is any way being awaited because the customer is happy for that too, but he would have been happier if he was told in Jan itself that the car will come in April (He has got the confirmation call too from Tata dealer that his car will reach him within a week).

When a customer books the car after knowing what the expected waiting period is, he/she waits for the car, they book it after knowing of the waiting period after all. But what about the situation where the waiting period itself is falsely communicated? It is not about Tata bashing, it applies to every single brand. Product, Price, and Communication - all three are crucial. You agree?

Tall waiting period claimed and delivery done within is 'under promise and over delivery' (Like amazon sends you message of 'Arriving Early'), but a short waiting period claim, with multiple delays in delivery, coupled with lack of communication, is simply over promise and under delivery - which is considered good; neither in marketing, nor in customer service.

Many of us have a multi car garage, but we also need to understand the plight of the people, who have a single car garage, and actually had to either hold on to their older car and deny the purchase offers, or have sold it and are waiting without a car, just because a person X at Y dealership in Z city has told him that they will deliver the car in Month A of year B, but is now extended to month C, then to Month D and so on!

Last edited by VKumar : 2nd April 2021 at 18:54.
VKumar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 15:05   #64
BHPian

My organization supplies to Tata Motors and the biggest reason for the delay in the delivery of Tiago is the lack of transmissions at Tata. Tata Motors makes two transmissions in-house, coded as TA65 and TA78, TA65 is common for Tiago, Tigor and Altroz, whereas TA78 goes into the Nexon. Due to confidentiality reasons, I cannot share the transmission manufacturing capacity at TATA, however, simply put they do not have enough capacity to meet the current demand. With the capacity constraint, there is an internal diktat to prioritise the production and sale of the Altroz over the other two models. Hence, with the preference being given to the Altroz, Tiago and Tigor buyers have to wait much longer. A colleague of mine had his booking for a Tiago cancelled after waiting for 6 months. The dealers are helpless as they will receive a shipment of Tiago/Tigor only once there is a break in the Altroz production due to other supply chain constraints. The problem will perpetuate once the HBX is launched (planned for May'21). HBX will also use the TA65 transmission. TATA is working hard to ramp up, but unlike MSIL, their supply chain is not geared up for very high volumes and hence the overall delay.
anandseth01 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 10:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post

Many of us have a multi car garage, but we also need to understand the plight of the people, who have a single car garage, and actually had to either hold on to their older car and deny the purchase offers, or have sold it and are waiting without a car, just because a person X at Y dealership in Z city has told him that they will deliver the car in Month A of year B, but is now extended to month C, then to Month D and so on!
I fall into the category who owns a single car. I was asked to give up my old Chevrolet Beat in December by the same dealership guys else I would be getting 10-15% less of the current value because of depreciation and the same time was reassured that I will be getting the car before Jan 26.

At every point I was told the car will be delivered next week and then only after me enquiring about the status I was told that it's delayed and the delivery is pushed to next week. This has been happening since January. I have multiple emails confirming the delivery next week.

Between all this I contracted COVID 19 and had to be hospitalized. I am not saying that I tested positive due to taking public transport however it could have been a reason for the same. Even now when I enquire the delivery is always next week.

In between since I escalated the issue with Mahindra the dealership called me to ask if I was ok taking the delivery without music system as well as without RTO passing.

Instead of apologizing they are finding ways to get out of it just to tell Mahindra that they have sorted the issue.

Also mahindra has enough cars to gift to cricketers but not to customers who have paid.

How fare is it for a cricketer to get a car ahead of the 10 month waiting period ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post

I fall in the category of owning a single car which was exchanged for the XUV 300 in December.

The the time of exchange I was asked to hand over the car before Dec in order to avoid depreciation with an assurance that my car will be delivered in January.

At that time I had insisted that I will handover my car in Jan at the time of taking delivery which was refused by the dealership.

Post Jan the delivery is pushed next week every time I enquire. After help from Team bhp members I escalated the issue to mahindra in March and finally got a reply on the issue.

Before that I have called and emailed their customer service 10-12 times each time from Jan to Feb getting the revert that they have escalated the issue and will get back to me at the earliest. I am really keep to know what is the definition of earliest for Mahindra.

During all this fiasco, since I work in financial services I was forced to travel by public transport and contracted COVID 19. I am not sure that I got it only because of public transport but then I could be one of the contributing reasons.

After writing an email to Mr. Mahindra 3 days back about the issue as well as tweeting the fact that he is gifting Thar to cricketers where as people are waiting 10 months for it I suddenly got a call from the dealership that my car is ready and I can take the delivery the same day.

Upon enquiry I was told the music system was not installed, insurance was yet to be done and rto passing as well as road tax payment was not done.
Luckily I refused to take such delivery only to find out later that driving such vehicle is not legal.

I have insisted I want a proper delivery of the vehicle and once again I am yet to get communication from them.

I am sure if I call them today they will tell me it's scheduled for next week just like they have all these past 2 months.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th April 2021 at 11:11. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Acid Burn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 22:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post

Also mahindra has enough cars to gift to cricketers but not to customers who have paid.

How fare is it for a cricketer to get a car ahead of the 10 month waiting period ?
Sorry to hear. Hope you had a speedy recovery from Covid.

I agree with your point but sadly many people have praised the move to gift cars to cricketers as good gesture. Good gesture is when MG donated their Hector as ambulance to Gujarat government during Covid last year but MG is abused for having Chinese origin by ignorantts who have no idea how dependent we are on Chinese manufacturing. What Mahindra did is nonsense, you haven't given to any needy person or for a good cause. Cricketers and movie actors are treated as if our economy and lives exist because of them while honest tax payers are treated as 3rd class citizen.

I just want you to imagine how you will be treated when you visit service centre for regular service or issues (I hope you don't have to face any) based on your sales experience. Any company with horrible sales is almost guaranteed to have horrible post sales as well because once they have sold the car, your need from them is basically over and you are kinda stuck them until you get rid of the car.

For me, there is no car in this world worth owning at the expense of 'peace of mind'.
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 01:14   #67
BHPian

Update on the issue:

Last week my friend got a call from Tata Motors, for the first time.

The regional manager for Tata Motors took responsibility for the delay and profusely apologized for the same. Asked my friend to close the issue on a happy note. My friend agreed because he has already purchased another car. And after few more pleasantries the RM requested that we remove the reviews we posted on Google, Facebook and specifically on team-bhp. This seemed to be the actual motive of the call.

Point to be noted that they never called us when the delivery got delayed, nor when we registered an official complaint and not even when cancelled the booking. Only after the threads we posted online got some traction, the PR team responded.

My few suggestions to Tata Motors:
1. Create on automatic online system, as soon as dealer makes a booking, manufacturer should send a message to customer confirming make/mode/color and tentative date of delivery.

2. Customer should get direct update when his car is allotted, when it is shipped, delivered, registered etc.

3. If the manufacturer feel that it will not be possible to honor the delivery schedule commitment, be transparent about it and convey to customer more realistic delivery date as soon as possible (not one day before when customer makes a follow up enquiry).
MadTitan47 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 00:01   #68
BHPian

I had booked a Tiago last week of March at Trivandrum. The sales team made it very clear to me that it will take 10 weeks for the car to be delivered. I was okay with that and mentally and financially prepared for that.

And now I get a call from the sales guy this Saturday saying that the car has been dispatched and should reach Trivandrum this week. So have now to run at the last moment to get the loan sorted out.

Hopefully an indication that Tata is picking up on inventory.
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 00:18   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
I had booked a Tiago last week of March at Trivandrum. The sales team made it very clear to me that it will take 10 weeks for the car to be delivered. I was okay with that and mentally and financially prepared for that.

And now I get a call from the sales guy this Saturday saying that the car has been dispatched and should reach Trivandrum this week. So have now to run at the last moment to get the loan sorted out.

Hopefully an indication that Tata is picking up on inventory.
Or maybe the dealer has had some cancellations. Either way, good you are getting it early, be sure to do a thorough PDI, TBHP style

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks