Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2021, 13:43   #1
Team-BHP Support

Kiger effect: PPS opens 5 new Renault showrooms in Telangana

Renault dealer PPS Motors has opened five brand new showrooms in LB Nagar, Kompally, Malakpet, Warangal and Nizamabad in Telangana state. These new showrooms have been opened to cater to an overwhelming response that PPS Renault claims to have received for the Renault Kiger.

Kiger effect: PPS opens 5 new Renault showrooms in Telangana-lb-nagar-renault.jpg

Customers can test drive the Renault Kiger at all the PPS Renault showrooms and book the car by paying a booking amount of Rs. 11,000/-. Deliveries of the Kiger will start from March 3, 2021.

The Kiger was launched on February 15 and is priced at Rs. 5.45 lakh. It is offered with two engine options - 1.0-litre Energy and 1.0L Turbo with manual and automatic transmissions with each of the engines. The car is available in 6 body colours with a dual-tone option. It is also available in four trims - RXE, RXL, RXT, and RXZ. LED DRLs, C-shaped LED tail lamps, 17-inch wheels, roof rails, and dual-tone option are available across all trims.

Kiger effect: PPS opens 5 new Renault showrooms in Telangana-renault-kiger-.jpg

PPS Motors has also started the Service at Doorstep concept for periodical maintenance through the introduction of the WOW (Workshop On Wheels) Lite concept. Additionally, It introduced Pit Stop service at its workshops, which enables servicing of Renault cars within 90 minutes.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 14:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Kiger effect: PPS opens 5 new Renault showrooms in Telangana

Although I really wish Renault-Nissan well for their Kiger-Magnite, overwhelming interest in just one freshly launched model resulting in opening of 5 new showrooms, seems to be a bit of an overkill to me and an act for grabbing attention of media as well as public, especially without testing the actual conversion from interest to purchases. Let us see how this plays out in the long run.
Researcher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 14:58   #3
BANNED

Triber and Kiger will be the models that will be getting Renault some revenue. Kwid would be mediocre in terms of overall numbers so keeping hopes on these two cars to help Renault get some cash in their registers.

Hope the market accepts the cars well and for a considerable time else some other manufacturer showroom will open in place of these PPS Renault showroom's.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 09:52   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I will say that Renault dealers have certainly done well for themselves, and way better than those of sister concern Nissan. They had the successful & premium-priced Duster which was selling really well at one time, the Kwid got them volumes, the intelligently-packaged Triber has been a consistent 4000 - 5000 / month car and prima facie, the Kiger should also sell a couple of thousand each month. In many months, Renault has outsold Honda & Toyota, and it will take a giant leap past them with the Kiger.

I'd definitely double up on investments if I was a Renault dealer. PPS is making the right moves. If the company is supporting my dealership with such new products, I should also support the company by spreading my network.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 10:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nissan has a brand new strategy with 'micro-showrooms'. They have taken space in every prominent area, with space just to park the Magnite. Of course these areas cant take on another car for display along-side, but for a launch this has proved to be fruitful
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I will say that Renault dealers have certainly done well for themselves, and way better than those of sister concern Nissan
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 15:41   #6
BHPian

That’s some positive news. I remember last two years have primarily been about dealerships shutting down or reducing their presence.
The new Duster should launch in 2022-23 and with Triber and Kiger being decent success, this expansion can turn out to be a smart business decision.
Old 12th March 2021, 18:29   #7
BHPian

Maybe I'm wrong here GTO, but isn't it possible that giving reins to only one dealership opening 5 new showrooms is a wrong strategy for a company? Our discussion about the Mumbai dealers of both Renault and Nissan is showing this in a mega city like Mumbai, they're charging us handling charges, giving us exorbitant insurance figures, even taking 3 to 5 thousand more for RTO charges. All this happening right under the nose of the manufacturer? A big city should have atleast 4 to 5 different dealers. Minimum. Even if each dealer has 2 to 3 locations, its okay. I hope I'm making sense here. 🙏
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I will say that Renault dealers have certainly done well for themselves, and way better than those of sister concern Nissan. They had the successful & premium-priced Duster which was selling really well at one time, the Kwid got them volumes, the intelligently-packaged Triber has been a consistent 4000 - 5000 / month car and prima facie, the Kiger should also sell a couple of thousand each month. In many months, Renault has outsold Honda & Toyota, and it will take a giant leap past them with the Kiger.

I'd definitely double up on investments if I was a Renault dealer. PPS is making the right moves. If the company is supporting my dealership with such new products, I should also support the company by spreading my network.

Most Viewed