Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 20:10   #61
BHPian

Re: How hard is it to buy a Tata Tiago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Tiago...
Would be great if you can post your entire experience and your short review once you get it and are settled with the car. Did you buy AMT version?

As someone who is looking for first family car and wants to make sure it is safe, I am strongly considering Tiago and also looking at what the new Punch brings.
Old 28th August 2021, 13:59   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

As someone who is looking for first family car and wants to make sure it is safe, I am strongly considering Tiago and also looking at what the new Punch brings.
First car should be ideally from Maruti or Hyundai - popular models only, sure we can debate many things about it but the chances of you having a good car ownership without any prior experience is more likely with these two brands - thats about it.
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:40   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Seems the issue may be with the specific dealer/outlet.

We got a call back within minutes from another dealer in the city after approaching via the Tata Motors Helpline.
The difference could have been the Tata Motors helpline rather than the dealer itself. In my experience, the dealerships are quite fast in responding when you show interest either on the website or the helpline.

Quote:
We made the booking, and after being shared the VIN no. of the allotted vehicle have made the payment as well since there is no finance involved.
Why not opt for PDI before making the full payment??

Although, congratulations on the new purchase. I got mine delivered last month within 10 days of booking. Do share the purchase experience once you get the delivery.
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Would be great if you can post your entire experience and your short review once you get it and are settled with the car. Did you buy AMT version?

Yes we got an AMT. As I mentioned before, the reason for changing from the previous vehicle was that it was a manual without power steering, and we wanted to reduce the driving strain of my senior citizen FIL.

This is my second Tata purchase within 2 years (previous is a 2019 Nexon XZA+ Diesel AMT), and I am happy with the overall Tata package and especially the safety aspect. The only concern is coverage and quality of after sales service, but have realised that's as much as a hit or miss as the big 2, after 15+ years of ownership of vehicles from Maruti & Hyundai.

I would strongly recommend the Tiago as a stable well rounded option from the Tata portfolio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
The difference could have been the Tata Motors helpline rather than the dealer itself. In my experience, the dealerships are quite fast in responding when you show interest either on the website or the helpline.
Possibly, or could be just the difference in management and personnel. While there was continuous follow up and response from the current dealer, the previous dealer contact deigned to call me after a month from initial enquiry on the day I had already made the full payment to the second dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
Why not opt for PDI before making the full payment??

Although, congratulations on the new purchase. I got mine delivered last month within 10 days of booking. Do share the purchase experience once you get the delivery.
We got it delivered on the 6th day from making the booking. PDI was actually just pre-delivery considering we took the delivery within a few hours of the vehicle being unloaded (came with 7Km on the Odo). The timeline was as follows:
  1. 24-Aug Booking done after a couple of weeks of negotiation on exchange car value and overall deal
  2. 25-Aug Car billed, VIN confirmed and checked by me for Aug 2021 manufacturing
  3. 26-Aug Balance payment made
  4. 29-Aug Advised that the vehicle transporter is ~400 kms away so chances of delivery on 30-Aug which we were targeting may be 50/50
  5. 30-Aug Call received in afternoon that vehicle has reached and we can take delivery. Exchange vehicle surrendered and Tiago delivered late evening on the auspicious day of Janmashthami, so it was a happy festival day at home!

Our sales executive was the super helpful and courteous Mr. Dhananjay and the dealer was Puneet Auto on Faizabad Road, Lucknow.

The initial observations:
  1. The build is pretty solid, but the panel gaps etc. which continue to be a weak area for Tata, do exist
  2. The response of the 5 speed AMT is pretty punchy, and we found it to be faster on the initial uptake than our 2019 Nexon Diesel 6 speed AMT
  3. Features are good in the XZA+ variant, but not overwhelming. Which I believe is a good thing
  4. The vehicle is a comfortable 4 seater and a slight stretch as a 5 seater, but manageable for the city runs we have purchased it for
  5. Boot space is decent
  6. May not be considered by most as big deal, but having a dead pedal to support the left leg is a plus vs. say the Santro AMT which miss the same
  7. Additional surprise - seems Tata cars now come with a puncture repair kit and cigarette lighter powered inflator! I fully intend to steal the same for my own car

Would be happy to clarify any other queries on the experience or the initial run!
NowNew7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Yes we got an AMT. As I mentioned before, the reason for changing from the previous vehicle was that it was a manual without power steering, and we wanted to reduce the driving strain of my senior citizen FIL.
It is indeed a well rounded package with safety, practical features and a decent AMT at this price point. Well suited for a senior citizen.

Quote:
We got it delivered on the 6th day from making the booking. PDI was actually just pre-delivery considering we took the delivery within a few hours of the vehicle being unloaded (came with 7Km on the Odo).
Likewise. Got XZA+. The delivery was very fast for me as well, that too within the promised time of 8-10 days to my pleasant surprise. Plus, I got it just in time before the August price hikes.

I did the PDI before making the full payment, this I had explicitly told the Sales Executive upfront. Pointed out some minor issues which were taken care of at the time of delivery.

I wouldn't call the whole buying experience as the smoothest as my registration was delayed by a couple of days just because the Sales Executive was expecting me to pay up 1k more than what we had agreed at. I guess he gave me too sweet of a deal and later realized it.

I did not have any problem in paying up that additional amount only if I had known earlier. He did not inform me in time because he had goofed up with some riders I wanted in my insurance earlier.

Apart from that, it was quite a smooth experience. I was also able to extract a free genuine Tiago body cover as a compensation for insurance goof up.

Quote:
The initial observations:
  1. The build is pretty solid, but the panel gaps etc. which continue to be a weak area for Tata, do exist
  2. The response of the 5 speed AMT is pretty punchy, and we found it to be faster on the initial uptake than our 2019 Nexon Diesel 6 speed AMT
  3. Features are good in the XZA+ variant, but not overwhelming. Which I believe is a good thing
  4. The vehicle is a comfortable 4 seater and a slight stretch as a 5 seater, but manageable for the city runs we have purchased it for
  5. Boot space is decent
  6. May not be considered by most as big deal, but having a dead pedal to support the left leg is a plus vs. say the Santro AMT which miss the same
  7. Additional surprise - seems Tata cars now come with a puncture repair kit and cigarette lighter powered inflator! I fully intend to steal the same for my own car
Agree with most of your observations here based on 1k mileage clocked by me so far in last one month. Although the AMT is good, it is not so smart for an enthusiast to drive. Overtaking in ghats takes some getting used to and if you try to be little agressive, it will surprise you with an uninvited downshift. But otherwise a very solid and smooth ride. As I my car will be primarily driven by my father, it's a perfect fit for his sedate driving style.

What was the OTR price for you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks