Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2024, 15:28   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

My Verna was sold and the RC transferred in all of 17 days. I got the 10k "hold amount" as well immediately.

While I didn't have much luck in finding a premium used car from Spinny Max, my experience of selling my car to them has been positive. I got the car evaluated by Spinny, Cars24, and Hyundai. The evaluation process of Spinny was the most comprehensive while that of Hyundai was just basic. The offer from Hyundai was also the lowest. Cars24 was willing to match the Spinny offer but I didn't like their method of inflating the offer and then reducing service charges, GST, etc thereby making the actual amount much less. Spinny quoted a decent figure first itself and then increased a bit further on negotiation.

PS: My car was advertised for almost a lakh more than what they paid me and was sold within a week. Should I feel happy or sad?
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 08:52   #122
BHPian

Well at last the RC transfer for my Alcazar has been completed. I had sold it last November and the transfer was pending.

But now I have to follow up for the balance amount. Raising concerns on their portal does get you a callback but they merely assure that the amount will be transferred, Nothing happens beyond that and I have to raise another ticket.
Old 13th May 2024, 14:32   #123
TSS
BHPian

I am planning to sell my car. Evaluating all possibilities - acquaintances, local used car dealers, Cars24, Spinny, etc. Have been doing a lot of reading and research these days.
However, specific to your below post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I am in the same boat. Due to unavoidable circumstances I ended by selling to Spinny in Dec 2022. One year hence, RC transfer is not done. Vahan shows NOC issued to another RTO within Karnataka, but owner is still myself.
If I am not wrong, NOC has a validity of 6 months. If Spinny has not used the NOC to get the RC transferred to the new owner, I suppose they would require a fresh NOC from you. However, since Vaahan shows "NOC issued", I doubt you would be able to apply again for a fresh NOC.

Or maybe your car is still lying unsold with Spinny.

Even I would like to be enlightened on this subject from experienced BHPians who have sold through online aggregators.
Old 13th May 2024, 18:47   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
I am planning to sell my car. Evaluating all possibilities - acquaintances, local used car dealers, Cars24, Spinny, etc. Have been doing a lot of reading and research these days.
However, specific to your below post:

If I am not wrong, NOC has a validity of 6 months. If Spinny has not used the NOC to get the RC transferred to the new owner, I suppose they would require a fresh NOC from you. However, since Vaahan shows "NOC issued", I doubt you would be able to apply again for a fresh NOC.

Or maybe your car is still lying unsold with Spinny.

Even I would like to be enlightened on this subject from experienced BHPians who have sold through online aggregators.
NOC is valid for 6 months from issue. Once the buyer transfers to his name, the NOC stands cancelled. If the buyer does not transfer within 6 months, a fine has to be paid to "re-activate" the NOC. In my case, the buyer hasn't transferred to his name because his name has been misspelt in the NOC. He will have to get the NOC amended first. I still haven't sorted out this mess.

I suspect that Spinny bought the car from me and sold it to a car dealer downstream as my car was > 11 years old at the time of sale. So, they have no idea who the final buyer is.

Spinny has been of zero help in the past 18 months. They washed their hands off with an email saying they have sent legal notice to the car dealer to whom they sold the car.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 10:27   #125
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
the buyer hasn't transferred to his name because his name has been misspelt in the NOC
I had assumed that NOC is not in any specific buyers name.

Let me talk about my 13.5 years old Delhi registerd car which is nearing its EOL in Delhi NCR.
Suppose I accept an offer from Spinny (or any other intermediary). They pay me the agreed amount and take my car after required documentation. They will also take an NOC from me at that time itself assuming the potential buyer might be from another state and the car has to be re-registered in his respective state. But at that stage they are unaware of the buyers name.

So how come there is a buyers name in the NOC you you have given.
I am trying to understand the entire process before proceeding with the actual sale.
Old 14th May 2024, 11:29   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
I had assumed that NOC is not in any specific buyers name.

Let me talk about my 13.5 years old Delhi registerd car which is nearing its EOL in Delhi NCR.
Suppose I accept an offer from Spinny (or any other intermediary). They pay me the agreed amount and take my car after required documentation. They will also take an NOC from me at that time itself assuming the potential buyer might be from another state and the car has to be re-registered in his respective state. But at that stage they are unaware of the buyers name.

So how come there is a buyers name in the NOC you you have given.
I am trying to understand the entire process before proceeding with the actual sale.
The NOC has buyer's name (at least in Karnataka and Kerala). When Spinny buys from you, they would get your signature in transfer forms (Form 29/30) and not the NOC itself. Then, when they identify a buyer they will apply for NOC using his/her details. NOC is issued from the RTO and not from you as you mentioned. You just sign the transfer forms. A word of caution, please check if Spinny would sell it themselves or will pass it on to a 3rd party car dealer, as the car is > 10 years old.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 12:13   #127
TSS
BHPian

Thanks Vinodh

Quote:
The NOC has buyer's name (at least in Karnataka and Kerala)
Delhi might have a different process. Someone told me it is not in any specific buyers name.

Quote:
NOC is issued from the RTO and not from you
In Delhi, NOC process is online. Anyone can initiate the process on Parivaahan website but the verification OTP is sent to the current owner's registered mobile number. Then probably, there is an Aadhar verification too. That is what I meant by "They will also take an NOC from me".

Quote:
please check if Spinny would sell it themselves or will pass it on to a 3rd party car dealer, as the car is > 10 years old.
They might never reveal the reality. This is where the conundrum lies. For close to EOL vehicles, most probable buyers would be from satellite towns. To find such a buyer is difficult without involving such intermediaries.

Anyway, I am still evaluating all possibilities. Such online aggregators would be my last choice because of the inherent risks like you mentioned.
Old 24th July 2024, 19:17   #128

I received a quote of 1.8L from Spinny for my 2012 Santro after inspection. Has anyone successfully negotiated with them to get a better price?
Old 24th July 2024, 23:32   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
I received a quote of 1.8L from Spinny for my 2012 Santro after inspection. Has anyone successfully negotiated with them to get a better price?
The very fact that Spinny evaluated your car is surprising, considering it's a Santro Xing, usually they never evaluate older cars. Maybe they do so because your car is a 2012 model. Anyway, you should not be asking for a higher price mate.
1.8 LAKHS for a Santro Xing is unbelievably phenomenal, I'd suggest you take a look at what they go for normally. I hope the quote is legitimate.

Give the car this instant and fill a full tank of fuel too lolz
BeemerBug_06 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 15:55   #130

In the same boat as r0n1n

I got my 2013 WagonR VXi evaluated through Spinny and they are quoting 1.96 lacs (original quote was 1.86 lacs).
Also got it evaluated through Cars24 and their quote was laughable at best (even post negotiations).

Is 1.96 a good price? Given today is the last day to accept the price, should I go ahead with it or reject it hoping for a better price in the next few days?
PS: Would want to sell it this week as I'm taking delivery of my new car next week.
Old 19th September 2024, 18:58   #131
BHPian

Hello Friends, I sold my Jan'2004- Santro to Spinny this year in Jan' 2024 (just about 2 weeks before it would have completed 15 years). I got the agreed amount transferred the same day. However, the issue is that the car ownership is still not transferred, I assume they have not found a buyer yet.

When I check on the Parivahan website- I see the insurance is renewed but RC status shows as expired. When I contact Spinny, they only say the car is safe with us & they are looking for a buyer etc.

Do you guys think there is anything I should be worried about, not sure if anyone else has see so much of delay? Any other suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks