Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2022, 20:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
The car has been transferred but I have no way of knowing who the Owner is as the name is partially blanked out.

I got in touch with "Spinny" to ask for a copy of the new Owner's RC Card and the new Insurance Policy but they have point blank refused to disclose any information about the "Buyer".

Without this information, I cannot approach the Insurance Company for my NCB Letter.
Can anyone here suggest a way of getting around this?
What you can do is download the mParivahan app, type in your car's registration number and select add to dashboard option on the screen. It'll then prompt you to enter last four/five digits of the Chassis no and Engine no for verification. Once you enter those details, you'll be able to view the unmasked information.

Take a screenshot of it and share the same with your Insurance Co.

Hope this helps!

Regards
AJ739
AJ739 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 00:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
What you can do is download the mParivahan app, type in your car's registration number and select add to dashboard option on the screen. It'll then prompt you to enter last four/five digits of the Chassis no and Engine no for verification. Once you enter those details, you'll be able to view the unmasked information.

Take a screenshot of it and share the same with your Insurance Co.

Hope this helps!

Regards
AJ739
Thanks a lot AJ379. I have got the details. I have taken a screenshot for my personal use. I doubt very much if the Insurance Company will accept it but at least I now know that the car has actually been transferred to a genuine person. Puts my mind at ease.

Thanks again,

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 19:51   #33
BHPian

About 7 weeks after picking up the car, I can see my car listed on Spinny after some minor fixes. Also, now I know that the defects they list on the sites, even if they are minor, are not complete; I can still see some dents and marks still being there but not listed!
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 08:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

My XUV5OO was valuated by Spinny yesterday, a W3 variant, Aug 2019 MFG, 35K on odo with only a scratched bumper is getting 10.7 lakhs.
Old 9th April 2022, 13:28   #35
BHPian

Once problem I am observing of late is that it showed a significantly good quote about two months ago, but when I do a search putting in the same details of late, the price quote the site offers is really very low. These guys don't reveal what they wish to offer unless you punch a phone number and get an OTP. So it appears that they have a set up that determines who is coming back because such people might have faced worse experiences with other car sale companies. Or...they're perhaps getting a good number of people approaching them rather than other car sale and purchase companies and have grown arrogant. Not sure what the scene is here.
Old 21st April 2022, 20:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
About 7 weeks after picking up the car, I can see my car listed on Spinny after some minor fixes.
After a little more than 3 months, the car started showing SOLD on the site for a paltry margin of 4.9%.

A week since that, I do not see a RC transfer application on Vahan. Just like how Spinny responded with an answer to something else when I asked about delay in listing, they responded blaming how Govt. processes and RTO works when I asked why there is no RC transfer application yet! Their customer care has mastered the art of deflecting the question by 'misinterpreting' it!
Old 1st May 2022, 11:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
After a little more than 3 months, the car started showing SOLD on the site for a paltry margin of 4.9%.
Summarizing the timeline so that folks exploring Spinny knows what to expect.
  • Car was sold during the second week of January
  • Car was listed around first week of March. I found the details on the site on defects not complete. Something that a buyer need to be wary about.
  • Spinny re-sold during the third week of April; was booked about a week earlier.
  • RC transfer happened in another 12 days. To my surprise, no OTP came to my mobile unlike what Spinny had told me.
So, overall, it went smooth despite taking 3.5 months from handover for the RC transfer.

Last edited by impala : 1st May 2022 at 11:33.
Old 29th May 2022, 09:13   #38
BHPian

I purchased a used car from Spinny in November 2021. The car, Duster RXL Petrol 2015 model, had done just 35,000-odd km when advertised. A month later when I purchased it after a short test drive, the odometer read 35,500-odd km. The car was at Spinny Thane. I requested delivery in Pune, which they fulfilled, with a Spinny Pune agent driving the car from Thane to Pune.

On interactions, as long as my money was in my account, all was sweet talk. As soon as the money was transfered to Spinny, the run-around started. Customer support has no idea about the status of the vehicle. On any and every query, sales team said please contact customer support. High BP does not benefit anyone so took things easy. Chased down each issue, one at a time, a frustrating and time-consuming affair.

I had specific questions regarding the pre-owned car and found relevant answers as I went along. These are here:

1. Vehicle inspection: Spinny claims it does a 200-point inspection. I remembered what Reagan said to Gorbhachev: Trust, but verify. Got the car delivered to me in Pune, booked a GoMechanic inspection. Report was all good, so verified Spinny claim.

2. Service history: Many Team-BHPians have said time and again that only service centre numbers may be trusted regarding service history. Called up the Renault service centre in Pune, quoted VIN number, explained my position as a prospective buyer and got the relevant service history. Car had been serviced in October 2020 at 34,725km and I got the car at 35,500km in November 2021, so verified that odometer was NOT tampered.

3. RC transfer: Car was hypothicated to SBI, so paperwork took about two months. Vehicle officially registered in my name after about 13 weeks. Some heart-burn and frustration here.

4. Fastag: Could NOT register a Fastag in my name till mid-Feb 2022 when the original owner cancelled his Fastag. A whole lot of heart-burn involved here since it involved me, Spinny, the original owner and Fastag robots/mandarins.
Overall, seemed like the usual headaches of buying a pre-owned car.

Car serviced at a non-Renault mechanic for the 35,000km reading, then went to Renault for the 40,000km service. There, was told, Sir, car is due for 60,00km service according to age of car (by now six-year-old), so instructed service agent that I just need oil change and oil filter change, no changes to AC and air filter. Cost was about Rs.4,500/-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods: going off topic here. Please delete if not relevant in this space.

Post-delivery, there was an issue that flummoxed me.

I went to a car spa in Pune, got the car washed/cleaned up, refuelled and went for a drive. After about 35km, the engine started cutting off and the check engine light showed up all red. For those that know, the sound seemed like carburetteur kachra (pre-fuel injection era). Got it inspected at a local workshop, they ran the diagnostic tests, all came back clear. Then, one mechanic opened up each of the injectors and air-blasted water droplets OUT of the injector pods. During the regular service at Renault, I informed the service agent of the issue. The Renault service technician told me that there was moisture in the injectors and the spark plugs had shorted. Replaced them, cost was over Rs.500/- for four spark plugs.

My confusion stems from how can moisture get into the injector pods? All answers welcome. Asking because the private garage and the Renault service people scared me by giving me seriously high 20k-plus numbers for fixing this. Their solution was to replace all the injectors. That scared me. Now all sorted out as only the spark plugs were replaced.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th June 2022 at 21:35. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Old 7th June 2022, 17:06   #39
BHPian

Going on my recommendation to try Spinny, a friend of mine called them in to assess his second hand 2012 Hyundai I-20 Sport.

The surveyor arrived on time and was very polite. Did a proper test drive and a thorough inspection all of which took about 1 hour 20 minutes.

When he left, he told us that the car was good - no significant issues - and that his team would be in touch.

It has now been 3 weeks and no word at all from "Spinny".

We tried to message them on the initial number they shared with us but still nothing.

This is very unprofessional on the part of "Spinny" but, actually, not surprising, as most of the time their right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Will try OLX or Cars 24 next time.

Too much hassle dealing with these people. Better to go back to the old tried and tested methods.

Regards,
SS
Old 7th June 2022, 21:00   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Then, one mechanic opened up each of the injectors and air-blasted water droplets OUT of the injector pods. During the regular service at Renault, I informed the service agent of the issue. The Renault service technician told me that there was moisture in the injectors and the spark plugs had shorted.

My confusion stems from how can moisture get into the injector pods? All answers welcome.
Congratulation on the Duster! Not sure if you are aware but it is clearly mentioned in manual and also above the grill (a sticker is pasted) that engine bay must not be pressure washed. Only dry air cleaning.

Cannot say for sure but may be engine bay was washed and some water seeped into places where it was not suppose to.
summerisland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 21:59   #41
BHPian

My experience with selling my 2014 Alto 800 Lxi variant on Spinny.

A quick background on my scenario. The Alto was my daily drive till Oct 2019, when I got home the XUV 300. I initially tried to exchange the car, but was offered 1.4 lakhs and was not willing to let go for below 2lakhs. It had driven about 58k and was well maintained and regularly serviced. I had also installed a new battery in September 2019, and only the tyres were in a bad shape and needed replacement.

Next I took her to Cars24, and after a thorough check, was offered 1.65lakhs. I politely declined but they kept calling me almost 3-4 times a week for over 6 months asking me to come for inspection again.

During the last 2 years, I haven’t really driven the Alto much and barely clocked 1k with the periodic run in the vicinity. I did change all the 4 tyres earlier this year as the old ones gave out. Got the service done, but didn’t renew the insurance as I was sure I will sell this soon.

Reached out to a dealer who quoted 1.4lakhs and I was by then willing to cut my loses and sell for anything above 1.5lakhs.

Then I came across this thread and thought of checking this out. I downloaded the app and booked a home inspection for the weekend. The guy came on time, and checked the car for about 90 min which included clicking lots of pictures, checking the exterior, interiors, door panels, tyres, oil levels, engine bay, under body, a 5km test drive. Next day I got a call from their office, and an offer of 2.05lakhs. I was totally surprised with the offer and readily agreed. The very next day another person came, who did another round of inspection and then uploaded the inputs. I got the payment of 1.85lakhs in the next 20 min and then signed the forms for RC transfer, affidavit saying I will pay any open challan till that day and anything post that will be paid by Spinny. Handed over both the keys and completed the sale.

They needed a bank NOC which I have not yet collected from the Bank post paying off the loan, so they kept 20k as a security which will be paid once I hand over the NOC. This was mentioned in the sale document as well.

So overall, I am a happy seller. I found this experience fuss free. This is a sellers market and used cars are more expensive now than pre-pandemic era.

EDIT: All my communication was primarily through the app and I had enabled WhatsApp update so I can get notifications for confirmation for inspection, etc. I dont know if this is useful but wanted to highlight that as I liked the limited contact with representatives during the entire process. Spoke with 1 person over the phone a couple of times ( the guy who shared the quote), and the two people who came for inspection on both occasions. I really appreciate that they didn’t bombard me with calls.

Last edited by EvilZombie : 6th July 2022 at 22:06.
EvilZombie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 21:28   #42
BHPian

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com

Sold my 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.3D Alpha to Spinny today which had done only 32,400 km. The car was in great condition apart from a few minor scratches.

The car was registered in Hyderabad but I had moved to Gurgaon about 7 months ago. Hence I knew getting a good price for the car without shipping it back would be hard.

I check various online price estimators and got the following quotes:

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-42f7599cf5a54de8bdacd7b25f24fd0c.jpg

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-585e2aa20b634da5b79619c223076622.jpg

Experience: Selling my car to Spinny.com-efc4bd02c40b409c9411bef5cafa99fb.jpg

However when I actually got the car inspected I got the following low ball offers:

Cars24 6.09L
CarDekho 6.33 later raised to 7L
Olx Auto 5.5L, no local buyers for a Telangana registered vehicle

Hence my hopes were all on Spinny and they didn't disappoint, they initially offered 8.26L and then final offer was 8.4L which I accepted. Since the car had to be transported back to Hyderabad they deducted 15k for transportation (or I had to make arrangements for delivery to Hyderabad).

Used Car prices are definitely on the rise, before moving to Gurgaon I tried to sell the car in Hyderabad about 8 months and at that time Spinny had offered 7.15L for it and OLX Auto 7.7L.

Overall happy with the experience and the price. Spinny paid 68% of my buying price after 5 years.

Last edited by Foxbat : 8th July 2022 at 21:53.
Foxbat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 07:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Had helped selling a relative's 2013 i20 Petrol, with just about 16,000 KM on the clock. Spinny evaluated the car, put it up for bid, and gave an initial quote of 2.24 lakhs - they said it can be pushed by maybe another 15k, but that's it.

OLX Autos evaluated the same car, and put it up for bidding - I did not have much of a hope, but came back to us with a quote of 2.75 lakhs!

Do OLX Autos have a better/ wider bidding audience, or did Spinny try low-balling us? Both of them started their evaluation/ bidding process in the same day, but OLX Autos took two days more to communicate their offer.

I should have probably experimented with Car Dekho and Cars24 too, but my relative was okay with the quote from OLX Autos, so we closed the deal there.

Bottom-line - don't trust just one of 'em, shop around!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Do OLX Autos have a better/ wider bidding audience, or did Spinny try low-balling us? Both of them started their evaluation/ bidding process in the same day, but OLX Autos took two days more to communicate their offer.

I should have probably experimented with Car Dekho and Cars24 too, but my relative was okay with the quote from OLX Autos, so we closed the deal there.
As far as I know OLX Auto is just an online broker , your car goes to auction with dealers and you get the highest bid minus 10k or something commission of OLX.

Spinny buys the car themself, refurbishes it and then sells it to a individual customer with transfer of RC.

With OLX there is a little less certainty of RC transfer and end user since it's upto the dealer to keep the car for whatever period of time until it's sold. Spinny typically does not hold on to the car for more than 5-6 months.

When I was trying to sell my Ciaz in Hyderabad OLX offered 10% more than Spinny in October 2021.
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 20:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
As far as I know OLX Auto is just an online broker , your car goes to auction with dealers and you get the highest bid minus 10k or something commission of OLX.

Spinny buys the car themself, refurbishes it and then sells it to a individual customer with transfer of RC.

With OLX there is a little less certainty of RC transfer and end user since it's upto the dealer to keep the car for whatever period of time until it's sold. Spinny typically does not hold on to the car for more than 5-6 months.

When I was trying to sell my Ciaz in Hyderabad OLX offered 10% more than Spinny in October 2021.
My experience was different Spinny offered the best price, followed by Cars24 and Olx.
However, Spinny has not transferred my vehicle yet. Its been almost 10 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks