Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2018, 21:08   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Dealer Scam! Elite Motors Bangalore wanted to change my entire fuel system

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Elite Motors Hosur Rd, Singasandra. Volkswagen Dealer. FUEL SYSTEM CLEAN/REPLACE SCAM!!!

I somehow felt this is because of air in fuel.
took the tools in my hand and started bleeding the fuel system one by one.

Took me hardly 30 mins and once the air was out of the system there was absolutely NO PROBLEM with the car!!!... The engine was running as smoothly as it should. It's around 500 kms after the incident and the car is running as good as it should be. How did the air get into the system?
THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME INTO REMOVING and CLEANING/REPLACING my entire fuel system, which might have costed me in lacs!!!.. . All this when there was absolutely no problem with the vehicle!!!..
Let me get this straight. You got to the VW garage and drained the system all by yourself in the VW garage? When you managed to do that, and hence removed the air as you said, and you went on for a drive and found out nothing was wrong. Then what happened? I am sure you told the service adviser and manager this? Do share with us how they weaseled out of that hole.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 12:13   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Vento: Fuel system clean-up. Dealer suggesting Rs. 2.5 lakh replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Neither can I! Never looked into a fuel tank with a borescope. (Which is what I think is being done here).

But if they are intelligent, would not put it past them to deliberately introduce some metal filings in the tank. It would be safe to clean it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Where is this diesel taken from?
If someone introduced metal filings this big in the tank it shouldn't come up past the screen at the fuel pump and definitely not after the diesel filter.

There are cases of hpfp failing on this motor which introduces metal filings like this. Especially on early models.
Well, in this case, I really don't think they have introduced metal particles in the tank, I think it was only in the container they showed me. And the missing/jerking by air should have been sufficient for them to convince.

Especially saying this because, when bleeding I took the diesel from the tank (line to the filter) in a plastic cover and checked the filter too. No particles there. And Sankar, they have definitely not opened up the line after the HPFP before I touched it.

Also, the main point being, the car has run enough kilometres after the incident and gotten a tankful of diesel from a different pump and there is/was no problem with the way engine is running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Let me get this straight. You got to the VW garage and drained the system all by yourself in the VW garage?
Yes, in the VW garage, I got hold of a foreman and me and him did it, clear instructions from me.

Quote:
When you managed to do that, and hence removed the air as you said, and you went on for a drive and found out nothing was wrong. Then what happened? I am sure you told the service adviser and manager this? Do share with us how they weaseled out of that hole.
This is the part that surprised me. How they took it. As expected the person who told me the solution was nowhere to be found, and for the rest. They said, sir, we care for you. If you are stuck somewhere on the roadside with family then we are not responsible. Was soo convincing, that even after the whole repairing episode, I might have accepted their word just out of fear!

How these crooks inject fear into a logical mind is amazing! Also, I suspect this doing is from the top level management and just a service advisor cannot pull this feat all the time. I wonder what will be the plight of new car owner who doesn't have the time for all this nonsense.

Ah.. and one more point worth mentioning is - Maybe because of this when my work was over at 4, I was made to wait till 8 in the night to finish the billing. For a simple gate pass, I was made to wait.. wait.. and wait even after the bill was paid in full..
dhanushs is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 10:50   #18
BHPian

Re: VW Dealer Scam! Elite Motors Bangalore wanted to change my entire fuel system

Scamming by dealerships is not a new thing, however is becoming more and more common as dealers try to show growth year on year with increasingly reliable vehicles.

While not VW, I have had my share of bad experiences:

At the outset, it has now become suicidal for pertrolheads to leave their car with the dealers.
Old 13th December 2018, 12:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you reported this incident with VW directly? If not, I think you should. ..
Hi Jaggu/bhp'ns,

Any leads to contact the company? I mean, any leads where it will be heard?

The general google ones, I think I'll find out.
Old 13th December 2018, 12:39   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Jaggu/bhp'ns,

I always used regular call centre or online sources, so no specific contacts apart from that. Usually they respond.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 12:51   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like VW dealers are taking the cue of the leadership to heart - Skoda leadership takes reign over both (Indian) firms, so VW dealer(s) trying to play catch-up with Skoda dealers on scams and means to fool the customers!

I sincerely hope this is the case with one dealer - but my gut feeling says this has a growing problem since some time back that is only going to get worse. As I mentioned recently to someone on the Vento thread, buying a new Vento is getting a very risky call to take.

Quote:
Hi Jaggu/bhp'ns,

A different thought; considering the joint leadership, why not share it with the Skoda leadership (too); @veyronsport has been dropping skoda ids on several skoda issue related posts in the past.

Edit: That's @veyronSuperSprt; couldn't find Skoda IDs on a quick search; guess PM-ing him might be faster.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 13th December 2018 at 12:57.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 10:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

How nice. Super impressed by the way Volkswagen is handling an issue with the dealer.

The complaint email to the company blaming the dealership for malpractice gets redirected to the same dealer to sort it out. Apparently, Customer Relationship Manager, from their Dealer Partner M/s Volkswagen Elite, against whom the complaint is will take care of the matter.

Great job Volkswagen!

Name:  Screen Shot 20181220 at 9.52.59 AM.png
Views: 2115
Size:  126.0 KB
dhanushs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 13:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
How nice. Super impressed by the way Volkswagen is handling an issue with the dealer.

The complaint email to the company blaming the dealership for malpractice gets redirected to the same dealer to sort it out. Apparently, Customer Relationship Manager, from their Dealer Partner M/s Volkswagen Elite, against whom the complaint is will take care of the matter.

Great job Volkswagen!

Attachment 1829510
Indeed...this is their SOP!!! I had a complaint against my dealer in Ahmedabad and they simply redirected it to the dealer's CRM...I'm amazed like really! Looks like they just don't bother enough to be concerned with customers' concerns against dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks