Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 83 23.25%
Neutral 85 23.81%
Negative 189 52.94%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2018, 10:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Hello Guys,

Quick question, I would like to upgrade from my Rapid TDI to Octavia TDI. Am I better of having Tafe but my Rapid back or shall I check with cars 24 instead?

The car's an MY2017 and a 60 month EMI on it.

Thanks
Ashwin

Last edited by ashwinmanuk : 9th October 2018 at 10:54. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 11th October 2018, 12:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

Sold my uncle's well maintained 09 Spark on Cars24. There is an outlet 5 mins from my place. They did a quick inspection, generated a report and did their online auction. Gave me a price of Rs. 57,000 and a Rs. 1000 service fee should I go ahead with them. Asked them for 24 hrs to make the decision as some friends and a couple of guys via Team-BHP classifieds wanted to see the car. However, most of them were offering Rs. 44-50k with the rider of me arranging the NOC and transfer. Consider the car was MH 06 registered, it would have taken me some time. I was Ok with Rs. 50k, but NOC and transfer work I wasn't willing to do as it would require my uncle's presence.

Next day handed over the car and docs (original RC book, soft copies of insurance, pan card, Aadhaar card and a cancelled cheque) and 2 photos. I was given 2 sets of agreements and an RTO transfer set to get my uncle's signatures.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Here is the final picture with the car. Odo read 29k km. When I got her, she has just 19k on the odo. Did 10k in little more than a year. Main reason for selling was the lack of need for 2 cars and increasing incidental expenses on the Spark. We were driving the car just to keep it in good shape. Thanks to the increasing traffic, all prefer public transport for traveling within the city. Abarth does highway duty and will no also be doing city trips as needed.
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-img_4453.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 13:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Sold my uncle's well maintained 09 Spark on Cars24. There is an outlet 5 mins from my place. They did a quick inspection, generated a report and did their online auction. Gave me a price of Rs. 57,000 and a Rs. 1000 service fee should I go ahead with them.

Here is the final picture with the car. Odo read 29k km. When I got her, she has just 19k on the odo.
Rs. 60,000/- for well maintained 09 spark with 29,000 Km looks little less. I too have spark 2008 PS model and have done 78,000 km. I was offered Rs. 60,000/- recently at two places here in Pune.
Old 11th October 2018, 13:34   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I was offered Rs. 60,000/- recently at two places here in Pune.
Did you sell the car? Prices look good.

However, Mumbai and Pune markets are vastly different. Selling a Mumbai car in Pune is a headache ~ more traffic, plus coastal weather takes its toll on the car (or it is assumed to). Selling the car in Pune could have been possible for me, but any trips to Pune and back (by my calculations, minimum 2 round trips and 1 one way) would negate any higher price I would get there.
Old 12th October 2018, 09:34   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Did you sell the car? Prices look good.
No, I did not sell the car. My wife is using that to pick my daughter from school.
I also use that car sometimes when I want to go in crowded areas like Pimpri Market.
Old 21st October 2018, 11:16   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Well, the CEO has marked out a mail to me with the delivery receipt of the car, the full appointment details, and another note dated and signed from this month stating that the car was bought on such and such date and that cars24 will be liable for any events. I am hoping that this keeps me out of trouble, if any.
so it's been over a month now since the response.
Otherwise it's been close to 14 months now and these guys have not transferred the registration.
My belief is even more firm now. Cars24 is nothing more than a neighbourhood Dealer. I would advise everyone to stay away.
Attached Thumbnails
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-screenshot_20181021111302.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 12:05   #127
Senior - BHPian

But no dealer buys the car in his or her ownname, not even branded resellers like TrueValue. So what's the peeve? Car remains unsold, ownership lies with you, liability lies with them. That's how every dealership works and the risk is the same everywhere, isn't it?

If you are still worried, why not send a registered letter to the registering RTO informing them of the sale, along with the copy of the delivery note and other correspondence that establishes who possesses the car, and get the RTO's acknowledgement on the same?

Last edited by honeybee : 21st October 2018 at 12:06.
honeybee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 20:49   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
But no ---snip---- same?
The peeve is that their internal as well as external systems show that the rc transfer is "pending". Even when I had to go to their offices, or got in touch through mail, they were all very unaware as to why. It's only now that they are saying its with a channel partner. So I'm not really sure if it's lying with a dealer, it's has been sold off and they are unable to process the transfer. The documentation that they've provided would not hold up in case of any incident, I feel. Maybe some one more knowledgeable can take a look at them and help out.

Can you let me know of the process about getting an acknowledgement from the rto?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 21:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... It's only now that they are saying its with a channel partner. So I'm not really sure if it's lying with a dealer, it's has been sold off and they are unable to process the transfer. ...

Can you let me know of the process about getting an acknowledgement from the rto?
If it's not been sold, every reason that the transfer has not been done. I believe they should be able to tell you if the car was sold or not?

For the RTO work, I think it's been covered in the thread on selling your car, but in short just send them a letter, along with copies of the delivery note, receipt of money paid, any other documents that establish you have sold the car to cars24 and the car is in their possession and that you are no longer in possession and that you assume no responsibility and shouldn't be held liable etc.
Submit it to the RTO and get their acknowledgement of the same on a duplicate copy of the letter. Send this acknowledgement with a similar letter and documents to the insurance company as well. Get their acknowledgement as well. Keep both the acknowledgements with you.

These acknowledgements together with the papers peoving the genuineness of the sale transaction should be enough to absolve you of any liability if, god forbid, the need arose.

How long since you sold the car? If the insurance due date came and passed after you have sold the car, and you haven't got any word from the insurance company, most likely the insurance may have lapsed.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 21:17   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If it's no-----snip---- lapsed.
I'll do that.
I sold it to them in July of last year, and insurance lapsed last year itself.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:24   #131
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am having an absolute crappy time with cars24.
Hope you have done the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
FINAL Step : After the sale

This may sound like additional work, but it is only to ensure your security. Search the forum for horror stories where buyers (including dealers) drive the car around in your name. The law states that YOU are responsible for the car as long as it stays registered in your name, and the onus of informing the RTO lies on you.

• Notify the RTO (from where your car was registered) within 14 days of sale. Send a copy of all the 8 categories of documents that you were asked to retain (in the previous post). Include a covering letter and send the package via Regd. Post. Remember, the law states, until the car is in your name, you are responsible for it (even if the car is used for criminal activities or involved in a hit & run accident). Maintain the postal confirmation in your records. Once you receive delivery acknowledgement, you are indemnified of any liability related to the sold car. NOTE : In case, the buyer's address falls in the jurisdiction of another RTO, you will send an identical document set to them as well.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 08:43   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hope you have done the following:
I sold my car to Cars24 in Bangalore around first week of September, overall a pleasant experience in the sales part, but the car has not been transferred yet, its insurance is expiring in first week of November, kind of worried now, whether I should be being some basic insurance package or not.

Yes, they gave a delivery note and invoice etc, but the bottomline is, the car is still not sold.

I moved out of the country soon after selling the car, have not informed the RTO or the insurance company, will send a post to the RTO today, and also inform the Insurance company, will that have any bearing on me buying a basic insurance for the car?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

If you buy insurance for the car, even though out of noble intention, it will conflict with the ownership status of the car, I think.

Best to follow the advice in the previous post and bring it on record that you are not the owner, you do not have the car in possession and you should not be held liable for whatever happens to, or because of, the car.
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

RTO offices in Bangalore has clear notification after the recent Supreme court ruling. Owner as per RTO records is liable for the car, no matter you have the delivery note. Generally transfer take anywhere about a month to 45 days, if you are still not seeing, its better you follow up with buyer on priority.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:55   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
RTO offices in Bangalore has clear notification after the recent Supreme court ruling. Owner as per RTO records is liable for the car, no matter you have the delivery note. Generally transfer take anywhere about a month to 45 days, if you are still not seeing, its better you follow up with buyer on priority.
Problem is, with cars24, I don't have visibility on which dealer has actually taken the car. So can only follow up with cars24, and they have not responded to my mails.

I think taking up insurance might be a good idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks