Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 83 23.18%
Neutral 86 24.02%
Negative 189 52.79%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2024, 21:38   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Had a positive experience with Cars24 while selling my Duster Awd.

Last year in December, I was looking to sell my Duster AWD. Local buyers & dealers in Kolkata were quoting ridiculously low prices for the Duster. I had a couple of buyers from outside Bengal who contacted me through Team-Bhp classifieds and another through a good friend. They quoted a reasonable price the car deserved.

I was on the verge of giving it to one of them. But I casually booked an inspection from Cars24 before taking the final call. To my surprise, Cars24 quoted me a price that was a tad less than the outside state buyers. There would have been many hassles for selling the car outside West Bengal such as getting the NOC, arranging a transport to send it to the new buyer, and the name transfer formalities in the new state.
So I agreed on the quote that cars24 offered me. They provided me with the quote within 30 minutes of inspecting the car.

The guy who came to inspect the car was on time, polite & professional.
Once I agreed to sell the car, they asked me for a time slot on the very next day.
The pickup person came right on time and he brought all the documents with him which are required for further name change procedures or to claim a NOC if they sell the car out of state.

The formalities were completed in hardly 15 minutes, & they sent me the money in another 5 minutes. The pickup person once again inspected a few basic things and left my place.

They gave me Rs 10,000 less than what they had quoted to me. The deal was, that they would pay me the rest Rs 10,000 once the name transfer is completed, or if they can't sell the car in 120 days, they would credit that amount to my account.

In April, I received an SMS that I received Rs 10,000 in my account and it was from Cars24. I just noticed that it was the 120th day of selling my car. The car is still in their inventory -

The Ad-
https://www.cars24.com/buy-used-rena...a-21183184794/

For the overall experience till now, I will rate 5 out of 5 to Cars24.

Cars24 agent driving out the Duster from my place-

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-img_8495.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 30th April 2024 at 21:56.
Samba is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 14:44   #377
BHPian

Has anyone who sold their car through Cars24 get the Form 29C which, as per the new amended law, requires to be filed with the RTO to make Cars24 (dealer) the Deemed Owner. I'm facing issues with Cars24 as they are stating they can't give this document despite their own website talking about this as a process. (https://www.cars24.com/blog/new-rule...med-ownership/)

Appreciate if anyone can suggest how to processed with this?
madhav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 14:51   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

They gave me Rs 10,000 less than what they had quoted to me. The deal was, that they would pay me the rest Rs 10,000 once the name transfer is completed, or if they can't sell the car in 120 days, they would credit that amount to my account.
Great! have you checked on the Parivahan portal to confirm the transfer of ownership?
ruskinash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 16:11   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskinash View Post
Great! have you checked on the Parivahan portal to confirm the transfer of ownership?
The car is still in their inventory, it's not yet sold. Am keeping an eye on it. Once it goes off from their website, I will start tracking for the name transfer. So till today's date, it's in my name.

Last edited by Samba : 2nd May 2024 at 16:17.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 08:52   #380
BHPian

So I have listed my car on CARS24, every 3rd day there is a whatsapp message from them asking if I want to sell my car at X amount. When I respond, I promptly get a call from their customer service team. This call is nothing but confirming my vehicle details, which is available on their app. Everytime a new executive will call, everytime they will confirm the details.

No further action is done. I receive the exact same message 3 days later.
Old 9th May 2024, 22:53   #381
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
So I agreed on the quote that cars24 offered me.
What is the price you sold the car to cars24 for? I see they have cut their quoted price by a lakh. Just interested in knowing their margins here. Dealers outside generally make minimum 50k profit on a vehicle of this price range.

I happened to accidentally come across a paper with the purchase price left on the table for the used Amaze I bought from the Honda dealer. Tried pushing the price down but they didn't budge. Still, the price was competitive after looking at prices outside.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th May 2024 at 05:13. Reason: Typo
Old 5th June 2024, 15:58   #382

Quote:

For the overall experience till now, I will rate 5 out of 5 to Cars24.

Cars24 agent driving out the Duster from my place-

Attachment 2601001
Hi,

I also recently sold car to CARS24. I want to know from you did you send a notice of information to RTO to avoid any possible legal issues before they could sell it to new buyer? I only got a delivery note from them. All other RTO documents have just my signature without buyer name as of now. Please help.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th June 2024 at 16:18. Reason: Please proof read your post before submitting it for any error. Thanks.
Old 5th June 2024, 19:51   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque789 View Post
Hi,

I also recently sold car to CARS24. I want to know from you did you send a notice of information to RTO to avoid any possible legal issues before they could sell it to new buyer? I only got a delivery note from them. All other RTO documents have just my signature without buyer name as of now. Please help.
No, I have not sent anything like that. I keep a track on their ad. If they take it off, that means the car is sold, and still if the car remains in my name, then I will inform the RTO.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 11:08   #384

Quote:
No, I have not sent anything like that. I keep a track on their ad. If they take it off, that means the car is sold, and still if the car remains in my name, then I will inform the RTO.
Thanks. I still do not see the ad posted for my vehicle as of now.

Can you please tell me is sending the delivery note to RTO is enough. As I mentioned Form29/30 does not have buyer name yet.
Old 12th June 2024, 11:05   #385
BHPian

Quote:

So I agreed on the quote that cars24 offered me. They provided me with the quote within 30 minutes of inspecting the car.
Dear Samba,
Its noted that you have got good offer from cars24, Kindly let us know the price they have offered such that we can know how much they make as Profit.

Regards,
Thiru
Old 14th June 2024, 05:00   #386

We sold 2 cars at home in 2022 - Alto and XUV500. My wife received a better deal on the Alto with Cars24 than with Spinny. The service quality was almost the same.

I called both Spinny and Cars24 for a quote on my XUV500. Cars24 quoted like a lakh lesser than Spinny! It was a no brainer! Spinny provided fast and professional service as well, I loved it.
Old 19th June 2024, 12:11   #387
BHPian

Hi, would like to share my experience with Cars 24

On their website, I requested for an appointment to inspect my car (MG Comet). Filled in all the details as per requirement. As a matter of fact, all those who would have gone through their website, would know, one has the option to select the manufacturer and vehicle. Accordingly I selected MG and Comet. All was smooth and good. On whatsapp got the following detailsAttachment 2618360

Was pretty impressed

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-2.jpeg

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-3.jpeg

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-4.jpeg

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-whatsapp-image-20240619-11.52.08-am-1.jpeg

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-whatsapp-image-20240619-11.52.09-am-1.jpeg

Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-whatsapp-image-20240619-11.52.09-am.jpeg

Seems extremely professional with regular updates. At about 4.10 PM, the inspector gave me a call stating that CARS24 does NOT evaluate Electric Vehicle, subsequently told me to cancel the booking. I was like 'what'. I told him, how come in the website it accepted my request. Rest of the screenshots are self explainatory, they themselves initiated the cancellation!!

How very unprofessional - in the first place, if they do not evaluate Electric Vehicles, how come I went through the entire process of booking my evaluation, how come their website gave my vehicle option - many unanswered questions....
ALTIMAed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 14:38   #388

Hello! I recently sold my 2009 Santro on Cars24 which turned out to be a very smooth experience. Got a good price too. I've been looking to buy a used car from their platform as a second car for my parents. We already have a Vento TSI 2022, so tending towards a higher ground clearance car.

Found a perfect S-Cross petrol two weeks ago, but I unfortunately could not buy it due to re-registration issues with Cars24. I will be writing a separate thread on this negative experience (shady practices).

Now, I'm considering between WR-V petrol and Ecosport 1.5 petrol. I believe the Honda will be a reliable and fairly safe option but the Ecosport is clearly the better car. I was hoping for some advice from fellow BHPians on buying a used Ford today. How is the service situation and how will it be moving forward? Is it difficult to get a 1.5 petrol Ecosport serviced at an FNG? For context, my parents live in Delhi and depend on drivers.
thestig31 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks