Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 83 23.25%
Neutral 85 23.81%
Negative 189 52.94%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 08:09   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
After about 3.5 hours I get a call from Cars24. Sir we have got the price you are looking for.
The useless fellows are still calling me from random different mobile numbers about "sir I think you have a car for sale" six months after I sold my Scorpio. I am blocking the calls as spam calls now.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 19:24   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher View Post
I sold my 2009 model Innova 2.5V to cars24. Whole process was very smooth.

3. Money credited in my account within 30 minutes from car delivery (as promised)
This 'credited' amount was in full, like 100% or did they hold up something in the name of RC transfer? I have seen on some blogs that some 10k is kept till the RC is transferred.
cryshnon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:12   #348
BHPian

I recently sold my 13-years old SX4 to cars24.com. Was planning to buy a new car since sometime (turned out to be a Jeep Compass). My experience was kind of to-and-fro, and somewhat went like this -

Checked the exchange value of my car with the Jeep dealership (after all test drives were done, and deal kind of finalised except for the final price). Their inspector visited my place, did a short test drive, and offered me say, Rs. X.

In the meantime, approached cars24 and carsdekho. Both sent their inspectors on time, took short test drives, and gave me initial offers, something like this -
cars24 - Rs. X - 5K
carsdekho - Rs. X - 15K

2 local dealers quoted around Rs. X as their respective prices.

I got back to both of them and said NO, given that both of them were quoting less than the exchange price. Later, the cars24 guy did a follow up call, and I told them that I am getting Rs. X + 10K from dealership exchange. They came back the next day with an offer of Rs. X + 15K. I checked with the dealership and told them that cars24 is quoting me a higher price. However, the dealership was reluctant to better their offer.

carsdekho was too slow to respond every time; around 3-4 days after the cars24 guy followed up.

So at last, I sealed the deal with cars24. I took a 5 days gap before they came for delivery, from the day I finalised with them (on which a token amount of Rs.1000 was transferred to my account).

They came to my home with a bunch of papers that I had to sign and checked my documents and keys on the pick up day, before driving off with the vehicle. They had already checked for traffic penalties and fines on my car, which was nil. Money transfer was instantaneous. They have kept an amount of Rs.10K on hold till RC transfer happens or in 120 days, whichever is earlier. All the sale papers were sent to me by email.
car-go is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 14:04   #349
BHPian

Just to close my statement, my car sold to Cars24 finally got registered a couple of months ago. I had sold it to Cars24 in 2018. Thereafter I have been following up with Cars24 and RTO both. The RTO Registration was NOT transferred from my name to the new buyer. I kept getting seeing and traffic offence fines (about 3-4 of them) which Cars24 always paid (to their credit). Finally a couple of months ago the name transfer happened!

I don't know what I can do to be more careful next time.
parambyte is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 15:20   #350
BHPian

Positive (cannot vote).

Sold my 2010 Wagon R to Cars24. They were very prompt and courteous. The first price they offered was lower than what I was expecting and I did not want to sell. I told them my offer price and after 3 days I was called saying they have a price between my price and their earlier price about 15k more.
I then went and checked with 2 local resellers and they gave a similar quote.

With all the followup and a promise to pay directly to the account and no hassles of going to the RTO for the transfer, I decided to sell the Wagon R to Cars24.

The sale happened in end of February and the transfer to the new owner happened in the last week of May.
Mumbaiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 12:08   #351
BHPian

Offtopic but is there any way I can get them to stop calling me, its been over a year since I have sold my car - the calls simply dont stop. Its almost like I have a daily cadence with them now.

I registered my number to their supression list but it didnt do anything.
Aaroah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 14:26   #352
Senior - BHPian

I have had a mixed review of Cars24.
Lat year I sold my Honda Civic and was able to get a price better than their own online price calculator. So that was a great.

This week I tried the same on a 2015 Fortuner Automatic and they quoted half of what their online Price Calculator says. And they were also not ready to budge. Seems either in this one year Cars24 has gone to pits or they don't quote well for higher priced cars and are best for old vehicles being sold for a couple of lakhs.

Absolutely won't recommend anyone for Cars24 now. Especially if you have a high value car.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 14:26   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post

This week I tried the same on a 2015 Fortuner Automatic and they quoted half of what their online Price Calculator says. And they were also not ready to budge. Seems either in this one year Cars24 has gone to pits or they don't quote well for higher priced cars .
May I know what's the price you are expecting for your AT Fortuner.

I think with new gen cars, pre facelift fortuner resale prices have taken a beating.

Also, there is 10 years rule for NCR, which directly impacts the prices of these cars
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 21:15   #354
Senior - BHPian

Fellow Bhpians ,

I need an advice. I sold my Innova Crysta via cars24.com on 31/07/2021 and I have the delivery note for the same. The channel partner who bought the vehicle from cars24 and sold to a customer , have not made the name transfer yet. RC transfer status says that the name transfer is pending. I contacted the customer care and they are saying that the vehicle is not yet sold.

But I sold the vehicle when the odo was reading at 54000 kms. Since i own a Toyota app, i checked the service history , the last service was 100000 kms. I received a post from the HDFC Ergo that the vehicle insurance has been renewed and its still in my name. Today received a traffic challan in my number for the car . Now cars24 hasnt been responding anything other than saying the vehicle is not sold and its going for test drive. I asked him 50000 kms for test driving ? the customer care guy stays silent and responds that the car is still not sold and i will get the update once the car has been sold.

What is solution for this ?
Old 17th October 2022, 21:37   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post

What is solution for this ?

Separately, try to contact the current owner through your contacts at Toyota and request him to do the needful. If needed, offer to complete the RTO formalities yourself - should not cost more than INR 1000 if within state.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 06:43   #356
BHPian

Legally, are we responsible for any issues involving cars sold through these new portals like cars24 and Spinny, before they change the ownership of car to new buyer?
anilntny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 18:34   #357

My Xuv500 had done trouble free 7.5 years and with the stupid diesel ban in Delhi NCR looming over my head, I got my 2015 Xuv500 evaluated by them in August and was offered 5.14, which I turned down and told them that I was getting 6.50 lac in open market. The lady on the phone immediately offered 6.60 ( verbally) if I was willing to sell it in two days. I didn't have an alternate car so decided to hold it for some time.
Come December and I buy a preworshipped Skoda rapid petrol AT from a friend and decide to put my Xuv500 on sale again. This time it was zero dep insured and the suspension work was done too. Despite all this, they quoted 4.70. I understand that the year end may depreciate the value a little but this was way too much. Anyway i have put it up here on tbhp classifieds and hoping a genuine car lover from other state might pay it's actual worth.
Zahsaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 17:54   #358
BHPian

Greetings,

Want to share my experience here.

I had a 2008 model SX4 which was purchased from Coimbatore in 2014 from a friend.

We were using it in Hyderabad till 2023.
As 15 year deadline was approaching, i wanted to sell the car despite it being robust and trouble free. Wish the rules were simple to use interstate cars!

I have listed it on cars24. The Hyderabad surveyor quoted 70 to 80k as it's out of state vehicle.

So the itch to drive it down to coimbatore grew stronger to sell it as well as satisfy tamil food cravings and ofcourse a solo drive on the beautiful roads.

A plan was made and i drove it down to coimbatore on a Saturday evening 5 PM and Reached at 1 PM to my hotel on Sunday.
I took evenings rest after a hearty meal from Aanandhas.

On Sunday, cars 24 executive came and did the inspection.
The auctioneer quoted 1.3 lakhs. I have asked for 1.5. Finally settled at 1.45 by around 4 PM.

A token amount of 1000 was transferred immediately.
The car was to be taken next day noon by the driver assigned by cars24.

I drove it one final time, did some shopping at PSR silks. Had dinner at Aanandhas again. Bought some Chips from A1.

The next day, promptly at 12.20 the driver came and drove it off.
The amount was directly transferred.

With a heavy heart i bid adieu, took a short video of the car leaving the hotel parking. I booked a 6 PM flight to Hyderabad.

Overall had pleasant experience with Cars24. They even offered a 20k coupon if i buy a car from them!

It was a trouble free ownership with the SX4 and the built quality can never be found in the cars of current times.
E.g: The rubber beading around the door was intact even after 15 years without cracks or color change!

Drive Safe
Attached Thumbnails
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-img_20230306_1304562.jpg  

Last edited by matchvan : 19th March 2023 at 18:00. Reason: Grammar and Punctuation
matchvan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:04   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I have had a mixed review of Cars24.
Lat year I sold my Honda Civic and was able to get a price better than their own online price calculator. So that was a great.

This week I tried the same on a 2015 Fortuner Automatic and they quoted half of what their online Price Calculator says. And they were also not ready to budge. Seems either in this one year Cars24 has gone to pits or they don't quote well for higher priced cars and are best for old vehicles being sold for a couple of lakhs.

Absolutely won't recommend anyone for Cars24 now. Especially if you have a high value car.
They're pathetic for high value cars, must be good for popular mainstream cars. I'm assuming the latter because I keep hearing of people selling their cars on the portal.

Both our Superb AND Camry got less than 50% of the final value they sold for. The final selling price was much closer to Cars24 own website valuation, but their offers were piss poor.
d_payne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 18:52   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
May I know what's the price you are expecting for your AT Fortuner.

I think with new gen cars, pre facelift fortuner resale prices have taken a beating.

Also, there is 10 years rule for NCR, which directly impacts the prices of these cars
Missed replying to you. Eventually the fortuner was sold for 21.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks