Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 83 23.18%
Neutral 86 24.02%
Negative 189 52.79%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 20:33   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

An update:
Now they've come back to me again saying that the reason the transfer is stuck is because there is a signature mismatch. Apparently, I'll have to go to the rto for my car in person and verify my previous ownership.
All in all, an absolute nightmare this has been.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 21:13   #167
BHPian

Sharing my experience with cars24.com

I took my 33k run, January 2010, Ritz ZXi to Cars24.com after getting an indicative/preliminary valuation from their app. The valuation given by the app, based on the inputs provided by me, was 1.78 lacs

One thing to note here is that the car was immaculately maintained and regularly serviced.

After taking the mandatory appointment through the app, I reached their outlet. I was told that I would be attended in 15 minutes by a "technical expert" and he will be doing a thorough evaluation + test of the car that will take 26 minutes. All put together I budgeted for 45-60 mins. However, it took close to 45 minutes for the technician to turn up. The technician took a test drive of the car and completed his evaluation as per their checklist. His precise words to me were (Translated from Marathi to English): "Sir, in my 6 months of working here I have not come across such a well-maintained car." He rated the car 5/5 on almost all counts except age (close to 10 years) and number of owners (2 - the car had changed ownership within the family)

After he submitted his report, the car was listed for bidding on the Cars24 portal. Another wait of 30 minutes and I was offered a "best price" of 1.34 lacs. I did not even bother debating or arguing and left that place. I had already spent more than 2 hours and was not keen on spending another minute after hearing the abysmal value they offered.

Came home, listed the car on OLX and it was sold the same day for 2.25 lacs

In my opinion, Cars24 will not give value for a well-maintained and cared for car. In short, it is not a place for enthusiasts to sell their cars. Cars24 is only good if you want to get rid of the car, not if you want to find it a new home.

Overall rating for Cars24: 2/5
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:21   #168
BHPian

Wanted to share my experience in Cars24

I am based in Kochi and had been holding a 2011 KA registered Scorpio with 97K mileage. Due to a job change which involves relocation we decided to sell the vehicle. After a bit of checking around, I understood that Scorpio resale prices in Kochi are much below my expectation; added disadvantage of KA registration was dragging the prices further down. The best option seems to be to take the car to Bangalore and sell it – but giving out adds and handling umpteen number of prospective buyers seems to be a challenge. That’s where I came across Cars24.

Step 1: The valuation of the car was done on line. A range was obtained – its seemed to be Fantaboulous (3.96 to 6.19). Decision was made to take the car to Bangalore Cars24.

Step 2: Appointment was taken in HSR branch and the car of driven down

Step 3: Reached the branch 10 minutes before the appointment time- (10AM). I was assigned an Auto consultant - Sayed. I was taken aback by the courteousness and professionalism exhibited. The car was taken for a test drive and later on inspected. Photos were taken.

Step 4: E bidding was started and by 11:30 I had the prices. The quote was 4.32, when I said it was too low; Sayed promised me that he will try his best to get 4.60. The prices looked good, but then I felt that I may be able to get better rates elsewhere. I connected with OLX cash my car and got an appointment at 12:30

Step 5: Similar processes were followed in OLX and I had my prices by 14:00 – It was 14% lower than Cars24. I called up Sayed and went back to Car24 (Obviously I didn’t inform Sayed about the rates I got at OLX cash my car)

Step 6: Reached Cars24 by 15:00. The prices was revised from 4.32 to 4.58. All documentation was promptly completed by Sayed. I was out of the dealership at 15:45, the promised payment hit my account by 15:51. Payment I received was 4.54 (3K cars24 commission, 1K instant payment charge)

Overall experience at Cars24 was flawless, professional and quick. Sayed was patient enough to answer all my queries and went an extra mile to make sure I am comfortable with the entire process.

I do agree with the comments of others that selling the car directly can give one better returns - similar models posted in OLX portal were between 5.24 to 6.5. But if you DO NOT have the time and patience, cars24 gives you an excellent alternative platform. Then there is an additional benefit (In my opinion the biggest advantage to the seller) of free RC transfer services.
SU-30MKI is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 17:51   #169
BHPian

My experience with Cars24, Kalyani Nagar, Pune

Dear Members

Thought to share my experience at CARS24 (branch at Kalyani Nagar, Pune)

I had been there today to sell my Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT (which some of you may know was a dud sold to me by an unscrupulous gentleman of a dealer all because )

Before going there I had gone to Kothari Hyundai in Kharadi, Pune to get the latest service records of the car which shows the actual mileage of 99892 as per Hyundai records since my lovely odometer only showed 55k odd. I did not want to sell the car to anyone with this wrong image so wanted to make it very clear what the mileage is actually

With this and the documents which they need (PAN, Aadhaar, photos and a cancelled cheque), I headed over to their branch in Kalyani Nagar

Firstly, this is a new branch in a lovely locality of Kalyani Nagar which is off the main road and is quite peaceful. My appointment was at 11am and I was there by 10.45am. I was promptly checked-in and an associate (Mr. Prasanna) was assigned to deal with me

He was very courteous in his dealings with me (and my dad). He explained the entire process to us which is as below (in case you did not know already)

1. A car inspector (in my case a friendly gentleman Mr. Baba) will be assigned who will perform the entire evaluation including a test drive (where he guns the engine quite a bit to see the power on tap etc.), an engine checkup of things like the oil levels, battery power etc., the paint checkup (for which he has some gizmo which tells the depth of the paint), the tyre checkup (again a gizmo for the tread depth) and all the electricals and sundry stuff

2. He rates the car on the various parameters. My car scored 4 stars in engine, suspension etc. but 3 on the exterior and tyres (which I expected anyway)

3. This is followed by a second-level check (done by another friendly chap Mr. Sanket) which verifies and confirms the rating from the first checkup

4. Once done, the car pictures which they take are uploaded on their auction site. Apparently this is not open to individuals but only to registered affiliate members of CARS24 (Prasanna told us they were all ISO certified and RTO registered dealers or else corporates directly)

5. The base price of the car is fixed by the CARS24 pricing team who takes the factors like the age, mileage, number of owners, the inspection rating etc. and come out with a figure

6. The auction begins and is set for an initial 24 mins. However, if there is a new bid in the last minute, the auction expands by 2 mins more. In my case the extension happened 8 times which Prasanna said was a good thing

7. The final price when the auction closes is the price they offer

8. If the price sold is > 1lakh and <5lakh they charge 3k as service charges. Plus if you want immediate money transfer they charge an additional 1k (I opted for this to avoid risk)

9. If you accept the price they process the paperwork (signing the various documents, the Forms 29, 30 and 26 of Pune RTO)

10. Once this is done, you wait till the payment is approved and then bingo, your account is credited with the amount via IMPS

Finally you are also given the customer protection policy which is on CARS24 letterhead stating you have sold your car to them and all further liabilities will be theirs (this is peace of mind really)

That's it. You are done. You have one last look around the car if you wish to make sure nothing was left behind, bid it farewell and off you go

All-in-all, I found the process very hassle-free as compared to selling it via Olx or Quikr. I have done both in the past and the number of calls from annoying people (who really never want to buy anything but just call for the fun of it) is frustrating

Also, being a new center in Pune, the facilities are good and comfortable for you to lounge around while all this happens. In fact I even took my office laptop there and finished up some of my work there itself

Also, the friendly nature of the gents I interacted with at their branch was a refreshing change

Thanks to CARS24 for freeing me of this car.

Now, the part of the post.

I will be now trying the "car-free" lifestyle for the next 6-9 months and will be noting down how many times I/family feel that "Gee, I really wish we had a car and life would be so much easier". I am going to try life with my trusted Scooty, Firefox Roadrunner and good-old 2-legged power for the next few months to see how it goes. Of course for longer rides inside the city, will choose Uber/Ola and if ever travelling out of Pune (where there is no train/bus) I will check out Zoomcar/Myles

NOTE TO MODS: Please move, merge or update the thread as you feel fit and do let me know in case I made any mistakes here
anand.shankar82 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 09:41   #170
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My experience with Cars24, Kalyani Nagar, Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar82 View Post
Thought to share my experience at CARS24 (branch at Kalyani Nagar, Pune)
Thanks for sharing, Anand! Have moved your review to the existing Cars24 thread.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 09:45   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Sold my uncle's well maintained 09 Spark on Cars24.
UPDATE: Got an email yesterday about the confirmation about RC transfer. It's a different matter that I had contacts in the home RTO who called me up about a month ago, when the car's papers came up for a transfer request.

All in all I would rate it 8/10.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 09:54   #172
Senior - BHPian

In my experience, prices offered are downright pathetic. Close to three months later following their evaluation (including a change to a different calendar year), I have been offered prices which are almost 25% more than what was offered to me by Cars24.

In other words, the price offered by them was the lowest among all the seven or eight quotes that I have received since then, all of them from used car dealerships and not individual/ private buyers. Needless to say, I did not proceed with Cars24 and looked elsewhere.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 17:03   #173
BHPian

I went through the Cars24 experience back in January, but had held my views for a month so I could gauge their post-sales response.
Our beater car, a 2008 Maruti WagonR LPG, had started giving us various problems and hence it was becoming difficult to hold on to her. One random weekend, my mother and I decided to check with a few second-hand dealers regarding the value we would get for our car. We were not ready to sell the car per se, but rather just wanted to see what value we could fetch for our loyal work horse. We checked with a few local dealers who quoted anywhere between INR 40,000-65,000, but that was it. Finally, my mom said why not we try Cars24? With the sun almost down, I decided to make an appointment for the next day.
Come Sunday afternoon on January 27, we arrive at the local Cars24 Outlet located at Varun Arcade, behind Hiranandani Meadows off Ghodbunder Road, (Thane West), 15 minutes prior to our appointment as requested by them on mail. We were greeted by Chirag, who helped us in the whole process. The process began by verifying the original RC book, insurance and PUC followed by a physical check-up of the car on various parameters, inside and out. Later, one of their guys took the car for a test-drive and noted down the results before uploading all the details and images on their server/website.

We had to wait for half an hour as a standard procedure before the prices were revealed. (Note: For reasons best known to Cars24 or this particular outlet, they insisted that we sit and wait till the price was out since they they were adamant that they would not be able to communicate the same on call or any other method). The waiting timeline would increase by 3 minutes(IIRC) in case there is a bidding in the last few minutes. There were 2 such occasions and the prices increased before we got a final amount of INR 78,000. We never expected this amount for such a beat up car. Nevertheless, we told them that we would get back to them the next day since we had to discuss the deal with my father.

Before heading to the conclusion, let me tell you a bit about the car:
Having run a shade under 1.30 lakh kilometres in the city and a few trips to Pune over a period of 10 years, our WagonR was starting to age on the inside while the exterior was a mess, due to the frequent bumps, scrapes and hits courtesy of the unruly Mumbai traffic and our over-smart driver (both having an equal share of all the damage on the vehicle). There wasn't a single panel that hadn't been dented, let alone just with minor scratches.

Coming back to the decision, my father said we might have to hold on to the car for a few more days since he had some work to get done with the help of our WagonR. Chirag called up later that day and we asked him if we could postpone the sale by a few days. Chirag said that the price shared by Cars24 would be valid only for 24 hours according to the company norms and hence we would need to re-evaluate the car if we chose to postpone the sale. Chirag also happened to offer us a higher value, this time the amount being INR 91,000. Done! My dad was sold on the offer and said they would get the car down to the outlet by the end of the day and seal the deal.

Later in the day, my parents went to drop the car and the amount was transferred a few hours later. Since I was at work and unaware on all these updates, I was stunned to receive a text message which said that INR 91,000 was deposited into my registered account (I was the one to receive the message as I had registered my own number on the Cars24 website). Since I was not present during the final process, I could not manage to take photos to share with everyone here. Hence I requested Chirag for a few photos for which he took more than a month to share, that too after constant follow-ups with barely any response. Better late than never, I'd say.

Name:  My 2008 WagonR LPG sold to Cars24 1.png
Views: 3851
Size:  544.1 KB

Name:  My 2008 WagonR LPG sold to Cars24 4.png
Views: 3598
Size:  362.2 KB

Name:  My 2008 WagonR LPG sold to Cars24 3.png
Views: 3575
Size:  387.5 KB

Name:  My 2008 WagonR LPG sold to Cars24 2.png
Views: 3674
Size:  436.3 KB

While the majority of the experience was good, I am still awaiting for the car to be transferred to the next owner. Almost 40 days after the sale today, I called up their outlet and the call was received by one Mr. Mahesh, who asked me what my concerns were. I told him that the main concern was the transfer of ownership, which if not done will hold my mother liable for any untoward incident, if any. He assured me that they have given an undertaking that say's Cars24 is responsible for all liabilities after the vehicle is handed over to them.
Will the aforementioned letter be enough is the one and only query I have and would be grateful if fellow BHP-ians can throw some light on the same.
Torque_Curve is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 11:48   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Will the aforementioned letter be enough is the one and only query I have and would be grateful if fellow BHP-ians can throw some light on the same.
My brother has sold his Honda City to Cars24 last year, they did keep us informed on the next steps. The change in ownership happened after 60days.

The delay is due to the fact that the cars are sold to local dealers who will then have to find a new buyer for the cars.

I rather trust a firm like cars24 on the liability part than the used car dealer.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 09:20   #175
BHPian

My experience with Cars 24 has been pathetic!

We had a M800 (2004 model) with 30k on the ODO. The car was in very good condition with no dents or rusts anywhere.
The car was U.P registered due to which many dealers were reluctant of selling the car. My father came across this ad about Cars24 on T.V and asked me to get in touch with these guys as they mentioned about R.C transfer. (This was the main requirement for my father)

So booked an appointment (March'18) and showed them the car. After all the formalities they quoted 22k for the car which was quite low, even less than their mentioned price range. But my father decided to go with it. They transfered Rs 12,000 within 2 days and the remaining 10,000 was to be transfered after some verification as the car was not Delhi registered. They said that this money would be transfered within 60 days.

June'18, No sign of the money and the RC was not transfered. So I paid them a visit and ask about the car, their reply- "Sir we have not sold any M800 recently" .
It took me good 15 minutes to convince them about the same (I forgot the papers at home that day). Why this happened? Well the employee who sold our car left Cars24 and the new employee was unaware about his work. After all this, that person promised to get things done and asked for 2 weeks time.
After this day, visits to Cars24 were becoming more frequent. Yet there was no sign of the money and neither the transfer (They claim transfer within 90 days).

October'18, My father went with me this time. This time also they had the same reply that they don't about the status. But my father was not ready to leave without a solution. After lots of phhone calls and mails they did transfer the money that day. One Step done!

Fast forward to March 2019, the R.C is still not transfered.
It has been a year and still the same attitude of the employees as well as the customer care guys. They say that the car is lying in their stockyard.
We were getting offers upto Rs 40,000 but still went for the low offer by Cars24 due to the fact that RC would get transferred. But the case was completely different.

Any suggestions of what should be done?
My father is going to make a visit soon. What can be the possible solutions for this.

Thanks in advance.
Bhatia.D17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 08:43   #176
BHPian

Had visited Cars24 yesterday to sell my 2014 Wagon R at the Yelahanka branch.Took an appointment on their website for 10 AM and on reaching their branch the inspection started in 10 mins.
The car inspection went on for around 35-40 mins.After this waited for the bidding process and this took close to 40 odd mins. After this got a price of 2.05 Lakhs. After mentioning this is a very low price and not ready to move ahead I was asked to wait and after around half hour got a price of 2.5 lakhs.

I was ok with this price and asked to proceed with the formalities.

Now this 2.5 L would be less four K service charges, 10k to be held back till RTO formalities are completed and this was mentioned as 21 days and 25k to be held back as NOC from bank needs to be checked.The first rep with me mentioned 25k to be retained back till NOC clearance and the second rep said 20k!

The loan on the car was closed in August 2017 and the NOC states this date. Now CARS 24 called up a few of their channel partners( or the dealer buying my car) and said they wanted the bank to mail the RTO with a CC to me that the loan is closed.
Initially they said a mail on the same from the bank to me (the owner) is enough and when this was provided they asked to send the mail to RTO!
The mail from the bank clearly states that the NOC is valid and the transfer could be done without any hassles.Got a little flustered after this going in circles and decided to stall the process for a while and said would reconnect once clarity is there on the same.

A question - Would not a new 'today' date NOC from the bank be enough for the proof of hypothecation removal.

My observations:
A. Clarity on process is lacking
B. The entire process takes an awfully long time -- I reached at 10 am and left at around 2:10PM.
C. Multiple people handle you and you need to restart every time on the process
D. ACs are present but you are literally sitting in a warm room and this itself saps you out.
E .Not very professional.
F. A lot of negatives are spoken on the vehicle in the hope that you agree to their views and pricing which is a wrong approach to push their price.

The overall experience is underwhelming. If someone doesn't want to deal with multiple people and sell car on their own then companies like Cars 24 are one of the choices now.
With time I am sure competition would make Cars 24 pull up their socks with regards process and customer interaction , till then it would be a hit and miss experience.

The convenience and hassle free transaction what we look forward to is what is actually missing at Cars24.

Last edited by rajinibm : 16th April 2019 at 08:46. Reason: typo
rajinibm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 09:39   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post

A question - Would not a new 'today' date NOC from the bank be enough for the proof of hypothecation removal.
Technically, you should get hypothecation removed from the RC once your loan is approved. The bank must have sent you some forms which you have to deposit to RTO and get new RC without hypothecation. It has some validity time after which you have to get again from the bank at some charge. Some times, even though the loan is paid, a certain amount is due towards bank charges etc so they must have come out with this deposit thing. I will suggest you get this removed on your own or at least get new NOC forms signed from the bank.

Quote:
The overall experience is underwhelming. If someone doesn't want to deal with multiple people and sell car on their own then companies like Cars 24 are one of the choices now.
It happens everywhere in India, too many people with no clear authorities and checks at every level, I guess it will take time for businesses to understand the importance of training and customer relationship.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 09:54   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Technically, you should get hypothecation removed from the RC once your loan is approved. The bank must have sent you some forms which you have to deposit to RTO and get new RC without hypothecation.
When i got the hypothecation removed from my car in Bangalore, the hypothecation removal was entered on the RC Book, and the book itself was not replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It has some validity time after which you have to get again from the bank at some charge.
That's correct. It was 90 days, IIRC.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 00:27   #179
BHPian

Sold my 2007 96K run Swift VDI at Cars24.com outlet in Mysore. The experience was over all smooth. Additional technicality for me was that since I am out of country and the car was on my name, I had to sign and send all the forms back home. However, they had very clearly provided all the information about how many copies of which forms were needed. So that part went smooth.

The only glitch was that, after the finalizing the selling price (2.25 Lacs), on the day of when we were supposed to hand over the car, there was a glitch in their payment system because of which they couldn't deposit the money in my account. The sales representative was very persuasive about handing over the car the same day with commitment from their side that they will wire the money the next day

Of course, we plainly refused the proposal. Next day they came and collected the car from my residence after the money was received in my account. Now, I have to track when the RC transfer happens.

If I had more time, I would have never sold her to a dealer. Would have searched for a buyer after ensuring that she would be taken care in the same way she was taken care in the last 12 years. Will have to live with this guilt forever.

Pricing seemed fair, however it has to be mentioned that car was in top condition, serviced every 5K Kms religiously with oil change. Was on original paint on all panels without dents and had fresh set of Yokohoma A drive 195/65/R14 Tyres. They will probably sell the car for 2.5-2.6 Lacs.
thirst4torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 12:44   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
An update:
Now they've come back to me again saying that the reason the transfer is stuck is because there is a signature mismatch. Apparently, I'll have to go to the rto for my car in person and verify my previous ownership.
All in all, an absolute nightmare this has been.
My struggles with these nitwits continues. I was not able to get to the rto last time, so I scheduled it with their guy today. We specifically discussed 1030, and he swings in at 1150. On a day the office closes at 1100. The woman on the phone from cars24 was also adamant that I should get there in time. And then their own guy thinks that he will conjure a miracle.
Not only that, when I give this info to the cars24 girl, she tells me that I need to calm down, and last time, "if you recall, our agent had waited but you didn't come".

I will still go on record and say that don't use these people.
It's been close to two years and they've still not finalized my sale.
mayankk is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks