Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2014, 16:57   #76
BANNED

re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refunded

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
10 years of trust has been reduced to zero in just 1 day.
I will not say anything like, give them another chance etc etc but just have a strong word with Sai Service Service Head and also loop in Maruti service guys.

BTW, any update on the situation and what about the scheduled meeting that you mentioned? Hope that is fixed!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 20:19   #77
BHPian

re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refunded

Hi Akmar,

I suggest you try St. Francis Borivali. They are authorised for Maruti and Hyundai.

I have been getting my car serviced there for last 5 years and never been disappointed.
tejas.negandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 14:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

We visited the service center today morning. The customer care manager was quite apologetic and accepted the mistake of of the service adviser. We got a refund of excess works (silencer coating, wax treatment, glass polishing etc etc) carried out totalling to around 8K. The manager has said that he will take care that such instances are not repeated in the future. Overall, I am satisfied with the resolution.

A BIG thank you to team-bhp & all those who replied for their support That helped a lot!

@Moderators: Please edit the thread to indicate that the issue is resolved.
AkMar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 14:31   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Overall, I am satisfied with the resolution.
Great that the issue is sorted out upto your satisfaction. So the faith finally remains on MSIL

Last edited by saket77 : 22nd March 2014 at 14:32.
Old 22nd March 2014, 14:35   #80
BANNED

Quote:
We visited the service center today morning. The customer care manager was quite apologetic and accepted the mistake of of the service adviser. We got a refund of excess works (silencer coating, wax treatment, glass polishing etc etc) carried out totalling to around 8K. The manager has said that he will take care that such instances are not repeated in the future. Overall, I am satisfied with the resolution.

A BIG thank you to team-bhp & all those who replied for their support That helped a lot!
Now that is Maruti! I am happy and proud now as they generally don't neglect customer anger and do look into problems reported. I have my own set of problems with a spares dealer but thanks to Maruti heads the issue wad resolved with just one email to ATM (Any-Time Maruti).

Happy for you as the meeting etc went well and the issues resolved. What did the customer care manager say about those un-necessary treatments done to the car and use of those?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 16:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refu

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I used to think maruti was very responsive in bringing errant dealers in line. I've read past stories about them having dealer staff fired for lesser offences. Surprised that they still have not even sent a token response.

Maybe Maruti too has fallen pray to the need to boost margins at the cost of quality service, and they are not the gold standard of service that they used to be, and more importantly, cannot be relied upon to bring errant dealers in line. Having unscrupulous dealers and staff is an occupational hazard. At least companies like Tata and Fiat make honest attempts to correct those issues. But as an organization, when you decided to wash your hands off dealers like Skoda, then it's not gonna end well.

I used to Rank Maruti along with Toyota in the flawless service category. Not any more I guess.
When i compalined to Maruti about the shoddy body work done by their dealer i didn't get any response from Maruti directly. However within 2 days i was contacted by the dealer regarding my complaint to Maruti. Maruti has asked the dealer to resolve this issue. Once they resolved (very satisfactorily) the problem i was asked to give my remarks and signature on one of their documents which was to be sent to Maruti as closure.

After registering complaint with Maruti i only had to go to the dealership to collect my car after it was fixed. The dealer's CC manager and another person came to my home, reviewed the complaint, made arrangements for a courtesy car and took my car once the courtesy car was delivered.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:29   #82
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sai Service Ripoff! Rs. 18,000 for service of Swift (22K kms) UPDATE: Excess refu

Somewhere in this thread there was a comment that said "Your issue will be resolved". And so it happened. This is what keeps Maruti ahead of the game. They take their customer experiences very seriously and strive to resolve them to satisfaction. Congrats on recovering the money, although I calculated the excess amount to be somewhere around Rs. 11000 to 12000/-. All is well that ends well!

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd March 2014 at 19:24.
moralfibre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:47   #83
JLS
BHPian

Hearing complaint from customer and tracking it to a closure to customer's satisfaction is one of the most essential aspect in service delivery.

10/10 to Maruti in matching the expectations of what market has from them as industry leader with best service support.

This is what sets Maruti apart, despite large volumes they are delivering and servicing, they are striving very hard to meet service standards, and corects the mistakes and issues.

Hope, German companies to learn from such examples, it will help them expand their customer base.

Regards,

JLS
Old 22nd March 2014, 18:01   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

That's the secret of Maruti holding half of the market share. Not that their cars are special, it is just the service. And customer satisfaction is something that they seriously look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Hope, German companies to learn from such examples, it will help them expand their customer base.
German manufacturers...customer service...satisfaction...complain resolution? Eh? What are they?
These words rarely come into one equation, simply put.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 18:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that the issue is resolved by Maruti's intervention.

Goes to show why large majority of population still prefer Maruti over other brands.

Elsewhere in the forum, we have a thread of a customer who has bought a luxury suv for close to 2Cr and still struggling to get his car's issues sorted out by the manufacturer, dealer and customer care.

Maruti sells more than thrice the number of cars compared to it's closest competitor month on month, yet they maintain a high level of customer satisfaction just because they listen and react to customer complaints very seriously.

Feels good to have at least 10-12 cars from the Maruti stable within my immediate family circle.
Respect, Maruti!!
Old 22nd March 2014, 18:35   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We visited the service center today morning. The customer care manager was quite apologetic and accepted the mistake of of the service adviser. We got a refund of excess works (silencer coating, wax treatment, glass polishing etc etc) carried out totalling to around 8K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
This is what keeps Maruti ahead of the game. They take their customer experiences very seriously and strive to resolve them to satisfaction.

IF there is some amount of trust that I have kept on the brand, its due to this fact alone. We can always trust the company to act against such crimes.

On the issue itself, its just the most HORRIBLE way of fleecing a customer. I have ranted about this in other places, and this incident is just the worst such case ever. Today I heard a Swift owner complaining about Rs. 10k+ service costs to people around him. Felt sad since he was not the petrolhead kind of person and he had no idea he was being ripped. I had to show him my cars service bill and tell him how those people charge extra for useless stuff.

I bet, this word-of-mouth publicity will hit MSIL hard in the longrun, since it is well evident in the Indian market that a brand with bad after sales goes straight into the dustbin. Hence, if Maruti has any advantage that is reliability and low cost of ownership. But if that is proven wrong, then it is the start of a horrible time to come.

If MSIL doesnt pull up its socks and keep a tab on what customers are being billed, it will be too late for them to even repair the damage caused to their reputation. Everyone cannot escalate the matter to higher ups and get refunds. I do that almost every service since the SAs go to the extent of telling the extra charges are mandatory. One call to the MSIL office will set things straight.

One thing I am sure is that MSIL is keeping quiet over such extra billing issues until the customer complains. All the dealer service centers can be monitored On-line by MSIL. Hence, they can easily see what is charged to customers. If MSIL was really serious, they could have noticed such practices and could have taken action against the dealers and warned them not to continue. Someone please make them bring a permanent rule to not rip customers in the name of such extra services.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 20:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad that Msil resolved your issue to your satisfaction, but as rightly pointed out by Audioholic, MSIL needs to adopt a more proactive approach. There are just too many cases of maruti customers being ripped off by unscrupulous dealers. I for one am constantly approached by Sai service to service my car every 6 months, even though the manual says 10k or every year. I see that they do add extra stuff, on their own, which I make them cancel later.

Why can't I just be able to give my car for service and get the company specified checks/services done in peace?

That is definitely some improvement feedback for MSIL. BUT nonetheless I'm glad that they were prompt in resolving the complaint. Definitely appreciate that.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 21:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad your issue is resolved and you actually were given a refund! A german car owner wouldn't dare dream about it (We are one too)

Our first Maruti car, which is now 26 years old has always been serviced at MASS,barring a few incidents we're largely happy. Maruti doesn't ignore customers with grievances despite selling a lot more car compared to others,month on month.

PS: Its still Maruti for us,not Suzuki

Last edited by shashank.nk : 22nd March 2014 at 21:11.
Old 22nd March 2014, 21:12   #89
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I'm glad that Msil resolved your issue to your satisfaction.... Snip

Why can't I just be able to give my car for service and get the company specified checks/services done in peace?

That is the mark of Toyota service.
Regards
JLS
JLS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 08:07   #90
BHPian

I also had a similar experience for my Swift Diesel servicing in MyCar pune. It is a well organised racket with these so called authorised service centres, complete daylight robbery.

I was charged 22K for my 4th service, I saw that all the charges were not necessary and were not even told to me when i gave the car for servicing. A simple work like caliper greasing was charged 850 bucks, my friendly neighbourhood garage does it in 50 bucks, since i know in detail about all the needed activities that are to be done and the charges associated with that , i just refused to pay and contested each and every element of the unwanted expenses. finally the bill was bought down to 5100. I also told them i will pay the bill once i get a letter from maruti on the official work that needs to be done and the explanation on the differences in the extra work done.

This was a long process and was eventually closed in 2 months, i had to drive out my car forcing my way out on that day, but it was worth it.

These thugs need the same.
djavalkar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks