Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 10:09   #31
MCR
BHPian

Re: Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The bill amount indicates that auxiliary drive/accessory drive belts and timing chain must have been replaced as per the service schedule. Did they have these belts/chain in ready stock? Kindly confirm. My Linea is due for the sixth paid servicing at 64 k km. Hence this query.
Ravi Sir, The belts and the chain were not replaced in my car. I was told that they are in a good condition and does not warrant a replacement now. I have sent you a PM with Mr. Surendra's mobile number. You can check with him about the availability.

Following was replaced in my car;

1. Engine oil
2. Air filter
3. Diesel Filter
4. Oil Filter
5. AC Filter
6. Transmission oil
7. Coolant
8. Front Brake pads
9. Brake fluid
10. PS oil
11. Windshield washer fluid

The above list plus labour is the bill amount, in my case.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 11:06   #32
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I was told that they are in a good condition and does not warrant a replacement now.
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply, MCR. According to the service schedule, auxiliary/accessory drive belts and timing chain/belt are to be replaced at 60 k km or 4 years, whichever is earlier. I have a lurking doubt that these belts and chain may not be available in ready stock.

EDIT: Just checked with Surendra. According to him, the auxiliary/accessory drive belts and timing belt are readily available.

Last edited by manson : 25th June 2013 at 16:59.

Old 25th June 2013, 15:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Following was replaced in my car;

1. Engine oil
2. Air filter
3. Diesel Filter
4. Oil Filter
5. AC Filter
6. Transmission oil
7. Coolant
8. Front Brake pads
9. Brake fluid
10. PS oil
11. Windshield washer fluid

The above list plus labour is the bill amount, in my case.
Other than diesel and the car perfume, all the fluids are changed, thats nice.

13K for ^ eh? can you post the bill here or write down the individual costs for me? My neighbor and good friend from Hosur needs the 60K service on his punto MJD and is NOT expecting a 13K bill, it would be good if I can explain to him in advance. (He isnt a car savvy person).

In case you are wondering, today morning he said only engine oil and oil filter will be changed for this 60K cycle!
Old 25th June 2013, 15:21   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
13K for ^ eh? can you post the bill here or write down the individual costs for me?
MCR would be able to give the full break-up I guess, but from that list, here's what I remember: ~3.5k is for the brake pad set, and 2k more if the discs were replaced too (list doesn't mention them though). Diesel filter costs around 2k if I recollect correctly. Engine oil would also come to ~2k. Oil filter and air filter may not be significant (350 bucks or something).

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th June 2013 at 15:22.
Old 26th June 2013, 14:06   #35
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Other than diesel and the car perfume, all the fluids are changed, thats nice.
Yes. Also the accessories drive belt and the timing chain needs to be changed. In my car they were in good condition hence were not changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
MCR would be able to give the full break-up I guess, but from that list, here's what I remember: ~3.5k is for the brake pad set, and 2k more if the discs were replaced too (list doesn't mention them though). Diesel filter costs around 2k if I recollect correctly. Engine oil would also come to ~2k. Oil filter and air filter may not be significant (350 bucks or something).
You are spot on with your estimation.

I have attached the copy of the bill.
Attached Thumbnails
Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-service_1.jpg  

Vecto Motors, Bangalore, FIAT Exclusive Dealership-service_2.jpg  

MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 10:42   #36
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Just checked with Surendra. According to him, the auxiliary/accessory drive belts and timing belt are readily available.
Today, I called Vecto Motors just to get confirmed about the availability of timing/auxiliary/accessory drive belts that are required to be replaced during the next servicing [sixth, paid, 64 k km] for my Linea. My call was transferred to the spares department. The person, who attended the call, informed me that none of the belts/engine parts is available readily. It has to be ordered, and then, fitted after its arrival. When I requested him to check and inform while I waited, he refused flatly stating that he was very busy and could not check its availability. I told him that I would book for service appointment if the parts are available. He informed me to leave my car for servicing. Whatever parts available would be replaced, other non-available parts would be ordered and fitted later after their receipt.

Earlier, I used to get such information over phone quickly from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road/Dairy Circle. This is the first time, I am facing this situation of non-availability of essential parts. I will be scouting for this information from the other service providers in Bangalore. My Linea will get serviced from the service provider where these essential parts are readily available.

Old 7th July 2013, 05:52   #37

After taking feedbacks from KarthikK, and some other Fiat car owners, I have booked my Fiat Linea Emotion MJD at Vecto motors. Delivery will be on 15th July, Monday and awaiting eagerly for the same. The Sales Personnel, also named Karthik has given good offers for the car, and reading this thread has given me more insights into how I need to take care of my First Fiat! Thanks a lot, all u guys.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:11   #38
BHPian

Mods please delete this post... mistakenly posted.

Last edited by autocrat : 13th August 2013 at 16:15.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:14   #39
BHPian

I was at Vecto for tail light replacement (autowallah drove into my standing car) and suspension overhaul.
Service Advisor Karthik prepared the job card. Shop supervisor Manjunath took a test drive and suspension noises confirmed that shock absorbers needed inspection. The suspension set up was dismantled, and sure enough the dampers were extremely hard.

Manjunath replaced the dampers (under warranty) and I requested them to change the elastic pads as well, which was paid. Tail light was replaced. Driver side wiper blade replaced. The repairs cost me approx 7k.

I am happy with the quality of work, and service advisor and shop supervisors approach to work. Billing was on time this time.

Blue and Me mic was out of stock. Promised next week.

Channabasappa (works manager) is very helpful. Very approachable.

If parts supply from Fiat gets streamlined, it will be great!

Cars ride has improved greatly and there is much less "thudding" when I hit a bump or pothole.
Attached Images

Last edited by autocrat : 13th August 2013 at 16:18.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 16:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Not so nice, rather frustrating experience with Vecto today.

I took an appointment and went on time for just an oil change and a check up using the diagnostic tool. I also had another issue with the rev missing a bit and looked to me like an ignition issue. I told them that if you think you can fix the missing issue quickly go ahead do it, else just do the other jobs and return it.

Well they could fix the issue (don't blame them, but it doesn't looks like they looked into it more deeply).

They changed oil+filter, and I honestly felt that 850/- is way too much labor charge for something like and oil change.

But the icing on the cake was me having to wait for 1.5 hours just to get the bill generated and to top it off they card machine doesn't work.

I had stopped going to FIAT Asc because I have an old Palio and more often than not my trusted mechanic does a better job than the ASC. I came to FIAT ASC *only* because I wanted to fill in Selinea oil which has been running on my car since it touched the 17K kms mark. But the wait time for bill which I feel is on the higher side for an Oil change, and also shoddy treatment I wouldn't really want to come back here unless absolutely necessary.

Possible that I own a Palio and hence not an important customer on their radar, either ways. Once dissatisfied , I ain't going back to Vecto.

Last edited by praful : 4th September 2013 at 16:26.
Old 4th September 2013, 20:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
They changed oil+filter, and I honestly felt that 850/- is way too much labor charge for something like and oil change.
850 for removing a plug, allowing gravity to drain the fluid, unscrew oil filter, screw it back in and pour oil is daylight robbery. I Selenia worth this effort? I have used this before and dont think its worth it.
I went to Vecto once to get my suspension checked. Was completely unhappy with the work. I got a feeling that they dont like working on Palios as much as the new generation Fiats.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:20   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Not so nice, rather frustrating experience with Vecto today

But the icing on the cake was me having to wait for 1.5 hours just to get the bill generated and to top it off they card machine doesn't work.

I had stopped going to FIAT Asc because I have an old Palio and more often than not my trusted mechanic does a better job than the ASC. I came to FIAT ASC *only* because I wanted to fill in Selinea oil which has been running on my car since it touched the 17K kms mark. But the wait time for bill which I feel is on the higher side for an Oil change, and also shoddy treatment I wouldn't really want to come back here unless absolutely necessary.
850 rs for labor only is robbery indeed. Suggest you shoot a mail to fiat and see how they respond
Old 8th October 2013, 21:15   #43
BHPian

Posting my experience of getting the service done at Vecto Motors. I had booked an appointment for today well in advance (almost 10 days back) so that there are no issues and I get the car back the same day.

To start with, the guy supposed to pick up the car came only at 10.30 am (not a good start eh?). Once he took it, I called up Vecto and informed them of this. The next call I get was around 2 pm from I think the service manager, Mr. Shivakumar, who said that he got vehicle around 1 pm and hence could return only by tommorrow evening.
I told him that I had booked much in advance and had given it in the morning itself. He told me of his problems which I did understand. I could make out that the problem was with the booking section who should have sorted these things out. I called them up and gave a piece of my mind. To my surprise, the lady there told me that if you request the service guys they would give it the same day. He He! Nice try ma'am. I also asked her what the driver was doing with my car till 1 pm to which she didnt have an answer.

I then called up Sivakumar again in the evening around 4.30 pm and asked if anything was possible. He said even if he tried his best it wouldnt be before tomorrow afternoon. I said that its fine and asked him to take his time and do the stuff nicely.

Not a great experience so far. Hope they make it up by doing the service properly and pamper my car atleast??

Later in the evening around 6 pm, I got a call from the office asking the time I handed over the vehicle to the driver. I hope they are trying to do something about it.

Will post a detailed review about the servicing itself, maybe after I get the car tommorrow.
Old 8th October 2013, 21:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
I also asked her what the driver was doing with my car till 1 pm to which she didnt have an answer.
You should put a GPS tracker next time you give it for service and they pick it up. You might even get a new car just like with the Audi
Old 14th November 2013, 17:52   #45
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am a bit concerned with the behavior of Vecto motor’s personal. A very close friend of mine has booked a Punto Dynamic MJD at Vecto on 12th October’13 and wanted me to accompany him to perform the PDI. We went there on Saturday, 9th November’13 and while checking the engine number (0360110) and the VIN (MCA118B5E07045936AKZ) we found out that the engine was manufactured in 2012 and the car was assembled on January’13.

I went around the car and was bit surprised to find the below:
1. Cobwebs on the front wheel caps and inside below the front passenger seat.
2. The plastics that cover the C and D pillar on the inside had faded spots.
3. We tried everything but the rear seat was not latching itself on to the lock.
4. The rubber sill flaps on the rear doors had atleast an inch gap.
5. The seatbelt caps on both the front seats were falling apart.
6. The RHS beading next to the OVRM were displaced as if it were tampered.

I checked these notes with my friend who had booked this car and was told that the sales person had promised a car that was assembled in June’13. My friend was equally surprised and when confronted with the sales person what he had to say was that they received this car in June’13. I don’t think this is acceptable and I don’t think this is the truth. I think they are just trying to push an old stock. Another reason why I am concerned is the fact that the loan has also been processed and dispersed to the dealer. Has there been any similar events recorded for this dealer yet or is it that for Fiat India few old habits die hard!

Please advise on what can we do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks