Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2006, 17:58   #1
BANNED

Which is the Best Used Car dealer in Kerala ?

Which is the Best Used Car dealer in Kerala based on your personal experiences ? I don't mean Maruti True Value centers alone.
Old 16th February 2006, 13:49   #2
BANNED

Guys...No replies yet....
Old 17th February 2006, 19:31   #3
BHPian

Sorry pal...don't know of anybody except True value and your unfriendly neighborhood car broker. If you go to any car dealership the salesman could direct you to a used-car guy. Also ICICI car loan salesmen have a wide network. As for the reliablity of these gents, well.....can't vouch for it.

So I'd advise to track down good used cars through newspapers and within your friends/relatives' personal circles.
Old 17th February 2006, 19:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fairdeal Motors, Cochin. Been around since Amby/Fiat days.

Chirayath Cars (they have reps all over Kerala, but a showroom in - believe it or not - Chalakkudy.). The showroom is on the NH47 and you cant miss it because they have some expensive cars inside. They have a pretty good selection of Indian and imported cars - I've seen some S-class mercs, 5 Series Beemers and other cars in their showroom alongside Accords and Mondeos. Went there to look at a Diesel Mondy sometime back, but the sales chap told me (aside) not to take the car since the diesel vehicle has 'problems'.

If you're interested in 2nd hand Indian cars, the best way to go about it is to visit the various dealerships and inquire - they usually have people wanting to trade in their old cars and upgrade and will give you the names/phone numbers.

I still cant tell you which one of them is 'the best', because I havent bought from any of them. Chirayath is enterprising and give you a very good selection, though. They also bought me a buyer for my Accent when I wasnt looking to sell - the Doc flipped for the car and offered me 4.40 (there was no GLE in the market then). I should've taken the offer, because I sold the vehicle a year later for 3.9 because the cheaper GLE was in the market by then.

I think Sai Service does used cars in Cochin, too. Not too sure about it.

The best person to ask is artofzen, but he's missing from the forum these days.

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th February 2006 at 19:59.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:19   #5
BHPian

Chirayath Cars are good. They have branches in thrissur and ernakulam. I have done a couple of deals with them and they havent left any bad memories.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would say CHIRAYATH CARS.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:03   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I would say CHIRAYATH CARS.
Chirayath Cars only/mainly deals with luxury cars. Not meant for everyone.
Old 10th May 2010, 10:40   #8
BHPian

Used Car Dealers in Calicut or Kannur

Folks,

Need an urgent information.

Could someone provide few used car dealer contacts located in either Calicut or Kannur ? I need to buy an used Santro

Appreciate a quick response.
Old 10th May 2010, 10:57   #9
BHPian

I know of one Mr.Biju menon (not the mallu movie guy) based out of calicut, who deals in used cars. USED CARS KERALA buy USED CARS sell USED CARS exchange of USED CARS is his website. This guy gets most of the vehicles from Maharashtra/Gujarat and so most of them would be re-registred in Kerala. The prices are good.

I had contacted him over the phone, when I was looking out for a used Safari, but then discarded the plan. Thats the only experiance I have had with him.
All the best.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:59   #10
BHPian

^ Thanks Jeeva.

I called him up, but unfortunately he doesnt have any Santro in his stable right now.

Any other dealers ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks