Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 23:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
So far I've read about Rama motors and Sanya automobiles in delhi. Other state members have not commented yet.
Now, this is really strange! Just two weeks ago, I got a call from Rama Motors Okhla, asking me to come to them for service. It was a marketing call, and I was surprised, because the last service with them was a year and 30,000 km ago. I also know for a fact that Ashwini Atrish and Anshul Kwatra continue to patronise Rama Motors with their GTX and Palio 1.2.

I am happy with Elegant Cars, they may not be perfect, but they've kept my car up and running for almost two years now, without any major issues. But, of course, such stories are not good, because, I need to have an alternative if this ASC shuts shop tomorrow. I intend to drive this car for another 6-7 years and 1.5 lakh km.
Old 26th July 2010, 23:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
In Bangalore Concorde Dairy circle does not service Palios, however The Mysore Rd Concorde does.

Don't know about Prerana or KHT.

And what's this "made to order" Palio, isn't the Palio phased out and Fiat just trying to clear old stock ?
KHT does service for sure. One of my colleagues got his old Palio serviced recently and his experience was good. Dont know about the rest.

Old stock is already sold out long back. Limited number of Palios will be manufactured based on orders received. Check attached. Attachment was something I downloaded from one of these threads itself, dont remember which.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2010-Fiat-Palio-Stile-Multijet-1.3-SDX[1].pdf (845.2 KB, 403 views)
Old 27th July 2010, 11:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Prospective Palio buyers: There could be a variation in on-road price. You might want to check my post on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1998649
Old 27th July 2010, 11:31   #124
BHPian

How can tata A.S.S say no to servicing Palios? Iam sure Fiat-TATA have this as an agreement to service discontinued cars for a fixed number of years into the future.

Eg. - GM continues to service Opel cars sold a decade ago.

Last edited by WindRide : 27th July 2010 at 11:32.
Old 28th July 2010, 07:21   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Prospective Palio buyers: There could be a variation in on-road price. You might want to check my post on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1998649
Thanks for that funkykar, and that's a beautiful 118NE in your pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
How can tata A.S.S say no to servicing Palios? Iam sure Fiat-TATA have this as an agreement to service discontinued cars for a fixed number of years into the future.

Eg. - GM continues to service Opel cars sold a decade ago.
You're right, but individual dealerships and service centers refuse the car if they are short on the required parts. I guess they just don't want to go through any trouble procuring the parts, following up, etc. Typical.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:12   #126
BHPian

Guys, quick update on my situation. Spoke with the car loan guy at HDFC, after the whole statutory dialogue, he asked me what car I was interested in, color, variant etc. After I told him Palio 1.3 MJD SDE, he told me he'd find the car and get it delivered at my doorstep. He also told me palio's have no resale value and that I shouldn't go in for it hahaha! I laughed anyway, told him I'm not interested in resale value.

Now here's the punchline. When I told him I've been researching a lot, and that these cars are hard to find, and that I want to get this PARTICULAR 1.3 MJD that's in a dealership in okhla (I don't want to take names), he said he can't. His reply was HDFC has blacklisted this particular TATA-FIAT dealership and that he'd find another good dealership to get the palio stile. What the hell am I supposed to do now? If you guys have any further queries please ask me and I'll be happy to answer.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

^^
Wah wah wah! Your share of dilemmas cant get any better. You are in a new dilemma now . Forget the loan guy, whats the general public opinion about this particular dealership. If its not a good one, may be your loan guy will get you a Palio from another dealership. He would do anything to sell you the loan. Again and gaina, good luck mate!
Old 29th July 2010, 15:08   #128
Senior - BHPian

Why not try something different than HDFC for the loan if you want that particular car ?
Old 29th July 2010, 15:25   #129
BHPian

If you are so much for the Palio Stile MJD, why not opt for the top varient, i.e. SDX from a different dealer?

Even Architect would agree with me to go for the top model w.r.t his buy!
Old 29th July 2010, 16:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
If you are so much for the Palio Stile MJD, why not opt for the top varient, i.e. SDX from a different dealer?

Even Architect would agree with me to go for the top model w.r.t his buy!
Yep. I told him exactly this. He's looking for an SDE and SDX of the Stile from other good dealerships. Fingers crossed guys
Old 29th July 2010, 17:37   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Yep. I told him exactly this. He's looking for an SDE and SDX of the Stile from other good dealerships. Fingers crossed guys
It might be possible to get another (better) dealer to get hold of the same SDE from this (bad) dealer and then sell the car to you. My point is, not all 2008, 2009 Palios sold recently were in the Fiat Factory stockyard. Many were sent from dealer X of city Y to dealer P of city Q.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:09   #132
Senior - BHPian

^^ Chances of finding a Stile from another dealer sounds very bleak to me. Offer floated in May 2010, and doubt if it still unsold geven the killer price. Good luck. If unavailable, would made to order 2010 be your choice? Or would it be too late to wait it out?
Old 29th July 2010, 22:31   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^^ Chances of finding a Stile from another dealer sounds very bleak to me. Offer floated in May 2010, and doubt if it still unsold geven the killer price. Good luck. If unavailable, would made to order 2010 be your choice? Or would it be too late to wait it out?
That's why my fingers are crossed! I'm sorry I didn't understand you there, wait it out for what?
Old 29th July 2010, 22:43   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
That's why my fingers are crossed! I'm sorry I didn't understand you there, wait it out for what?
He means the time it'll take Fiat to manufacture one on order. It might be quite a wait even if new orders are still accepted.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:23   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
He means the time it'll take Fiat to manufacture one on order. It might be quite a wait even if new orders are still accepted.
Correct! dealers are setting expectations of 45-60 days for delivery. If the first set of people who might have booked late May or June havnt yet got their Palios yet, I wonder when you would get if you book now. I believe Fiat would make one single lot of cars and distribute all over India to dealers who have gotten bookings.

I heard from couple of dealers that Monday would be last that they would accept bookings. Dont know how true it is. But its a ray of hope of all who have already booked.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks