Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 21:48   #91
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch.

Listing down the safety features of automatic options as of today for convenience:
  • A-Star: ABS + EBD (brake assist)
  • Brio: 2 airbags, ABS + EBD
  • i10: 2 airbags, ABS
  • Ritz: ABS + EBD
  • Micra: 2 airbags, ABS + EBD (brake assist)
  • i20: 1 airbag, ABS + EBD
  • Polo TSI: 2 airbags, ABS, ESP

If I were in the market for an automatic hatch - especially for parents - I'd take this aspect very seriously.
nareshov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 22:19   #92
BHPian

Avoid Micra CVT. I had booked Micra CVT. Canceled after 2 months of waiting. Horrible dealership, HAI, everything. After sales service sucks according to 2 of my friends, who are going thru pathetic experience.

Do a google and you'll find loads of people unhappy with A.S.S. All because of HAI I think. I could be wrong. But in my opinion, it seems like the entire chain is incompetent. And my personal thinking is Nissan doesn't care much about this since they export 70% of the cars produced in India (source: my friend who knows a senior manager).

Stick with A-Star Automatic or Brio. If you can put up with the rear of Brio, you will be 100% satisfied with every bit of that car. Honda engines are #1 in the world in reliability (way ahead of German automobile engines - source: google). Honda A.S.S is pretty good (consistent, reliable).

Over the next 8-10 years, the Brio will prove that it is full of quality and reliability. Whereas the Micra will make you sweat - thanks to reportedly poor A.S.S. And I was told by one of the service guys that Nissan car parts are very expensive - way more than Honda or Toyota.

Lastly talking of FE, if you know to drive the Brio AT well you can get almost as much FE as the Micra CVT.

Last edited by kaizanfan : 16th September 2013 at 22:24.
Old 16th September 2013, 22:32   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
Avoid Micra CVT. I had booked Micra CVT. Canceled after 2 months of waiting..
What is the colour you have booked? If it is blue colour, they are not confirming the time period.

Quoting 2 months or more as it is the most preferred colour. For other colours, quoting around 3 to 4 weeks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 16th September 2013 at 22:43.
Old 16th September 2013, 22:36   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
What is the colour you have booked? If it is blue colour, they are not confirming the time period.
Yes. I had booked the blue color.
Old 19th September 2013, 12:52   #95
BHPian

Finally, booked the Micra CVT for my father who stays in Vijayawada at the Vijayawada showroom.
Colour opted is Olive Green and we informed that the vehicle is required by Vijaya Dasami festival time frame. Lets see how this works out. Thanks.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:27   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally, booked the Micra CVT for my father who stays in Vijayawada at the Vijayawada showroom.
Colour opted is Olive Green and we informed that the vehicle is required by Vijaya Dasami festival time frame. Lets see how this works out. Thanks.
Congrats. Please share driving opinions from a user point of view. That would be very helpful. We dont see many AT users. Hence feedbacks are very useful.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:43   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Colour opted is Olive Green .
Many Congrats! Do share your ownership experience.

I am looking to replace the santro a/t(driven by wife) and micra is one of the option (though i am sold on the brio a/t) she likes micra
Old 4th October 2013, 10:48   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

I am looking to replace the santro a/t(driven by wife) and micra is one of the option (though i am sold on the brio a/t) she likes micra

Avoid Nissan cars. Do a search on team-bhp and the internet for the massive amount of issues people are having with Nissan service.
I had to cancel my booking of Micra CVT after waiting for couple months and going thru harrowing experience with the dealership.
Old 4th October 2013, 11:48   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats. Please share driving opinions from a user point of view. That would be very helpful. We dont see many AT users. Hence feedbacks are very useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

We are yet to get the vehicle. Hoping to get in another 10 days. Will post once received. Thanks.
Old 4th October 2013, 20:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Avoid Nissan cars. Do a search on team-bhp and the internet for the massive amount of issues people are having with Nissan service.
I had to cancel my booking of Micra CVT after waiting for couple months and going thru harrowing experience with the dealership.
What maybe a very bad service by Nissan in Bangalore may not be the case with that at Hyderabad. This applies to any service for that matter: Fiat's, Skoda's or even Airtel's.

Broad generalisations are tricky to make without comprehensive data or, worse, with incomplete data.

Assuming that @vvrchandra and @Rajesh_Rawal have done their bit about researching the service centres at Vijayawada and Hyderabad respectively, let's hope they have a good time with Nissan there.

Congrats @vvrchandra!
Old 4th October 2013, 20:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Avoid Nissan cars....
Kaizanfan, I agree with Nareshov here. Lets not generalise. We have had absolutely no issues with Shahwar guys on the Micra CVT buying process right from test drive to delivery. Everything was as promised. I am not sure why you have had an exceptionally bad experience.

I have a thread ready since the last 2 weeks with the CVT experience but its lying in the Assembly Line as Mods wanted me to make some more updates on it and am lazy enough not to do it yet. But will try to get it done this weekend for sure and hope the Mods approve it

Quote:
Also, can you update the size of the spare wheel.
VVRChandra - Sorry I missed reading this earlier. Do you still want me to check the size or are you now aware since you have booked the Micra?

Last edited by vroom666 : 4th October 2013 at 20:57.
Old 4th October 2013, 22:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
..VVRChandra - Sorry I missed reading this earlier. Do you still want me to check the size or are you now aware since you have booked the Micra?
Well, I now have the details of the spare wheel. The spare wheel is of size 165/70R14 where as the other 4 were of size 175/60R15. Should we use the spare wheel in emergency cases only as it cannot be used for the tyre rotation because of different sizes? Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 4th October 2013 at 22:58.
Old 4th October 2013, 22:55   #103
BHPian

You can do a google and read-up on many sites about Nissan's A.S.S in India, and also refer to facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NissanMicraIndia?filter=2) where customers have reported issues. Based on my extensive reading (while I eagerly waited for my car for 2 months) I can tell you that their A.S.S is not good. It's not about generalizing, it's about making the folks aware about a potential service issue. Clearly majority of customers are not happy with Nissan service in India. I wish all the Nissan Micra owners all the very best. If you've just bought your car, you cannot comment much about A.S.S. You would've to go with the masses' opinion (again in general).

Btw, make sure you get the latest brakes installed. Nissan had a recall of brake cylinders.

Last edited by kaizanfan : 4th October 2013 at 22:58.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 08:49   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
..I have a thread ready since the last 2 weeks with the CVT experience but its lying in the Assembly Line as Mods wanted me to make some more updates on it and am lazy enough not to do it yet. But will try to get it done this weekend for sure..
When can we expect your CVT experience report? Eagerly awaiting. Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 17:22   #105
BHPian

Quote:
We are yet to get the vehicle. Hoping to get in another 10 days. Will post once received. Thanks.
Finally got the vehicle (Micra CVT - olive green) yesterday (24-10-2013) from Hyderabad Nissan showroom. Originally booked the vehicle from Vijayawada Nissan showroom. As we did not get the vehicle even after being promised 2 dates, just inquired at Hyderabad for the availability of the color and immediately booked and got delivered. Need to do the puja here and take the vehicle to Vijayawada to handover to my father. Since it is raining continuously, could not do the puja yet.

Posting few photos taken from mobile. Will post details later. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Automatic Hatch?-20131023_131856.jpg  

Which Automatic Hatch?-20131023_131910.jpg  

Which Automatic Hatch?-20131023_131920.jpg  

vvrchandra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed