Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Maruti Swift variant would you buy?
LXI 8 7.69%
VXI 13 12.50%
VXI (O) 15 14.42%
ZXI 23 22.12%
ZXI+ 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2024, 17:56   #1
BHPian

Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?

Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?-2024_maruti_swift_exterior_01.jpg

Maruti Suzuki has launched the fourth-generation Swift in India. The new model is powered by a new Z-Series engine and features a new design and updated equipment (Review Link).

There are a total of 6 variants on offer. Here's a deep dive into all the variants to help you identify the most valuable trim for your preferences.

Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?-swift-trim-breakdown.jpg

Trims Breakdown

LXI

Top Features
- Six airbags
- Hill-start Assist
- ESC
- Rear Defogger
- Remote Central Locking
- Halogen Projector Headlights
- LED Taillamps
- 14-inch Steel Wheels
- Manually Adjustable ORVMs
- Tilt Steering Adjust

VXI

Top Features Over LXI
- Wheel Covers
- Power Adjustable ORVMs
- Day/Night IRVM
- 7-inch Infotainment
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Steering-mounted Controls
- 4-speaker Audio

VXI (O)

Top Features Over VXI
- Power folding ORVMs
- Connected Car Technology
- Keyless Entry
- Push-button Start

ZXI

Top Features Over VXI (O)
- Rear Wiper & Washer
- LED Projector Headlights
- LED DRLs
- 15-inch Alloy Wheels
- Wireless Phone Charger
- USB Type-C Charging Port
- Climate Control
- Height-adjustable Driver Seat
- Rear A/C Vents
- 60:40 Split-folding Rear Seat
- 2 Tweeters

ZXI+

Top Features Over ZXI
- Dual-tone Colours
- Rear camera
- 15-inch Precision Cut Alloy Wheels
- Colour MID
- Cruise control
- 9-inch Infotainment
- Arkamys Audio

Conclusion

Consider the Swift VXI if you're seeking an exceptional value proposition in the affordable hatchback segment. This variant offers a comprehensive suite of features that cater to both daily necessities and modern conveniences. The standout features include 7-inch infotainment, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay and more.

The VXI is available in both manual and automatic transmission options, catering to diverse driving preferences. While factory-fitted alloy wheels are not included in the list of features, upgrading to the ZXI variant (approximately Rs. 1 lakh more) grants access to this aesthetic enhancement.

Beyond alloy wheels, the ZXI offers additional functionalities such as connected car tech, keyless entry, rear wiper & washer, LED headlights, and rear A/C vents.

Do you think that the VXI is the most value-for-money variant? Also, if you had to buy the new Maruti Suzuki Swift, which variant would you pick?

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2024 at 17:59.
Ripcord09 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 18:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Old 6th June 2024, 18:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Arranging in order of Value for money w.r.t features -

LXI > ZXI > VXI

If I were in the market I would not look beyond the LXI. The only essential misses in the LXI are internal adjustment for ORVM and the rear wiper. An additional Rs.25k would get us a very good quality audio setup(pioneer/sony) with reverse camera support.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 19:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord09 View Post
Do you think that the VXI is the most value-for-money variant? Also, if you had to buy the new Maruti Suzuki Swift, which variant would you pick?
I will opt for the ZXI AMT variant as it provides me with almost all the necessary features, along with an automatic transmission. You don't really loose much compared with the ZXI+ variant.

I'm not sure why the rear camera is only available in the ZXI+ variant when you can get it from the mid-variant in various other cars. Similarly, I've never understood why manufacturers reserve the rear wiper and washer for the top-end variant. It's not a particularly expensive feature, but it's important for safety.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 10:00   #5
BHPian

As I am a newbie, I can't vote.
My vote goes to ZXi. Only thing is, it doesn't get Cruise Control and Reverse parking camera which can be easily added aftermarket.
sharmanova is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 10:51   #6
BHPian

If I am looking for AMT, then LXI is ruled out, but otherwise I feel LXI is value for money as essentially for 75K extra you are getting touch screen audio system and power mirrors without auto fold.

These you can get outside for much less or splurge on it if you are a audiophile with the savings made by opting for LXI.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 11:20   #7
BHPian

Don't mean to deviate from the subject, but in my view, the Baleno does everything better at almost the same price (perhaps lower given the 50k odd discounts running currently). It also adds an extra cylinder and a larger footprint. Would suggest you to consider that too. The Delta and Zeta offer exceptional value
JayKavadi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 14:25   #8
BHPian

After reading through the Official review, I'd not consider Swift at all. My fall out with Maruti started from the day they undercut S-Cross purchasers. Then, they did the same with Jimny. Over a period of time, they have shortchanged their customers and put out poor products that are not at all exciting. So as a brand, Maruti is out of my list (although I still own the S-Cross 1.6 diesel and love it to bits).

I have found new respect for Hyundai and like Kia as well, which are contenders for my next (and second) car purchase, sometime later this year.

Last edited by sudeepg : 7th June 2024 at 14:28.
sudeepg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 23:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord09 View Post

VXI

Top Features Over LXI
- Wheel Covers
- Power Adjustable ORVMs
- Day/Night IRVM
- 7-inch Infotainment
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Steering-mounted Controls
- 4-speaker

Conclusion

Consider the Swift VXI if you're seeking an exceptional value proposition in the affordable hatchback segment. This variant offers a comprehensive suite of features that cater to both daily necessities and modern conveniences. The standout features include 7-inch infotainment, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay and more.

The VXI is available in both manual and automatic transmission options, catering to diverse driving .

Absolutely. I'll prefer the VXI for it's amazing VFM.
Old 8th June 2024, 08:07   #10
BHPian

I voted ZXI+. It's a heart over head thing. I know that the VXI is better value and gets all the features you need. I would pick the top trim for the dual=tone paint scheme. I saw it at the showroom and was stunned by how good it looked. I also understand that the top-trim Swift costs pretty much the same as a Baleno, which is bigger. But I love the concept of the Swift and I don't mind paying a bit more for it, because it's the perfect size of car for the city in my eyes and a hoot to drive.
Old 8th June 2024, 19:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
After reading through the Official review, I'd not consider Swift at all. My fall out with Maruti started from the day they undercut S-Cross purchasers. Then, they did the same with Jimny. Over a period of time, they have shortchanged their customers and put out poor products that are not at all exciting. So as a brand, Maruti is out of my list.
Would second this. Maruti has lost its charm but definitely knows what the Indian consumer wants. Recently drove the Fronx and New Baleno. Both are good cars but not exciting in any area.

In terms of variant, LXI seems adequate but would like to add aftermarket audio and led projectors headlights.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2024 at 05:05. Reason: Typo
Old 8th June 2024, 21:27   #12

ZXi is the best variant. Just for the rear wash and wipe over the VXi. Maruti's accessory reverse camera is just a plug and play system for the cars equipped with screens. (In other models) I hope that works for swift too.
MiamiBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 02:20   #13
jsl
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
As I am a newbie, I can't vote.
My vote goes to ZXi. Only thing is, it doesn't get Cruise Control and Reverse parking camera which can be easily added aftermarket.
I would like to correct you here, you cannot add OEM Cruise Control from aftermarket on Maruti Suzuki cars as they have locked the ECM, so anyone looking for cruise control as an absolute necessity would have to shell out more and go for the top end ZXI+.

This is really bad on Maruti’s part to lock ECM of their cars and should learn from manufacturers like Hyundai/Kia on which you can get it enabled quite easily.
jsl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 08:41   #14
BHPian

VXI hands down for me -
TBH all i need in this segment car is a company fitted audio system, ac, safety features and remote central lock. Rest is just optional.
Does not make sense spending 1 to 2 lacs more for some more bells and whistles.

Last edited by xway : 9th June 2024 at 08:42. Reason: added safety features
Old 18th July 2024, 01:35   #15
BHPian

I would prefer ZXI, I mostly consider the basic and safety feature and do not care much about the bells and whistles - not that is a personal preference.
Frankly speaking even the VXI would have been sufficient for my needs for I think these days rear wiper and washer is a feature which should be present from middle variants but it is something that is only present in top variants - so ZXI

This reminds me of my experience back in 2016 ish. I has booked a swift but with ABS which was not a norm back then and after a lot of waiting I had to finally cancel it - because that time manufacturers didnt care much about ABS etc safety features and very little manufacturing lines were upgraded. Nowadays it is different but I guess some years down the line the rear wiper should be considered an essential as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks