Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Maruti Swift variant would you buy?
LXI 8 7.77%
VXI 13 12.62%
VXI (O) 15 14.56%
ZXI 23 22.33%
ZXI+ 44 42.72%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 22:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?

Though LXI is the more VFM option and covers most of the necessities, i still voted for VXI.
Though the audio system can be installed from the after market, my personal preference will be a factory fitted one. After market fitments always have the risk of introducing rattles and niggles.I own a LXI now of A-star and know the hassles.
Also the day night IRVM+wheel cover+piano black finish gear lever+internally adjustable ORVM+ steering mounted controls are all feel good features and have a chance of getting it wrong when done after market.
Old 22nd July 2024, 23:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuser View Post
Frankly speaking even the VXI would have been sufficient for my needs for I think these days rear wiper and washer is a feature which should be present from middle variants but it is something that is only present in top variants - so ZXI. Nowadays it is different but I guess some years down the line the rear wiper should be considered an essential as well.
Exactly my thoughts too. I think this is being discussed on another thread in this forum.
I believe rear wiper and washer is an essential feature that should be provided right from base model.
I also like driver seat height adjustment as an essential feature right from base model.
I am not a fan of Chrome, the sunroof, the music system or even the alloy wheels. I am not drawn to cosmetics but to the necessary functional features available in a car.

I was planning Maruti Baleno Sigma, the base model as it has no chrome garnishing all over ( just as I wanted) and met most of my requirements, however the seat height adjustment and rear wiper and wash was not available. So, against my personal dislike to chrome, I am forced to consider Baleno Zeta that has my 2 necessary features. I may get the chrome surfaces (door handles, front grill, rear chrome panel etc) painted black / body colour/ carbon black wrapped once I get the car.

So, I would be buying a higher variant and spending money on undoing some of the cosmetic stuffs, for the sake of a couple of necessary features and an additional cost of a couple of Lakh rupees.

Last edited by ashkamath : 22nd July 2024 at 23:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks