Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

View Poll Results: Which Maruti Swift variant would you buy?
LXI 8 7.69%
VXI 13 12.50%
VXI (O) 15 14.42%
ZXI 23 22.12%
ZXI+ 45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2024, 22:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift | Which variant would you buy & why?

Though LXI is the more VFM option and covers most of the necessities, i still voted for VXI.
Though the audio system can be installed from the after market, my personal preference will be a factory fitted one. After market fitments always have the risk of introducing rattles and niggles.I own a LXI now of A-star and know the hassles.
Also the day night IRVM+wheel cover+piano black finish gear lever+internally adjustable ORVM+ steering mounted controls are all feel good features and have a chance of getting it wrong when done after market.
Old 22nd July 2024, 23:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuser View Post
Frankly speaking even the VXI would have been sufficient for my needs for I think these days rear wiper and washer is a feature which should be present from middle variants but it is something that is only present in top variants - so ZXI. Nowadays it is different but I guess some years down the line the rear wiper should be considered an essential as well.
Exactly my thoughts too. I think this is being discussed on another thread in this forum.
I believe rear wiper and washer is an essential feature that should be provided right from base model.
I also like driver seat height adjustment as an essential feature right from base model.
I am not a fan of Chrome, the sunroof, the music system or even the alloy wheels. I am not drawn to cosmetics but to the necessary functional features available in a car.

I was planning Maruti Baleno Sigma, the base model as it has no chrome garnishing all over ( just as I wanted) and met most of my requirements, however the seat height adjustment and rear wiper and wash was not available. So, against my personal dislike to chrome, I am forced to consider Baleno Zeta that has my 2 necessary features. I may get the chrome surfaces (door handles, front grill, rear chrome panel etc) painted black / body colour/ carbon black wrapped once I get the car.

So, I would be buying a higher variant and spending money on undoing some of the cosmetic stuffs, for the sake of a couple of necessary features and an additional cost of a couple of Lakh rupees.

Last edited by ashkamath : 22nd July 2024 at 23:26.
Old 26th July 2024, 07:04   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I have always preferred the top-end models but the ZXI+ is a bit too costly in my opinion and treading too close to the Baleno, the Baleno Alpha AGS and Swift ZXI+ are just 43k apart and for that money, I would consider a Baleno.
Old 28th July 2024, 14:12   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th August 2024 at 17:24.
michellrikot is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed