Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 11:28   #121
BHPian

Re: Hatchback vs Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I did it. On 28th November around 12 noon. Moved BANG from a Compact SUV/ Loaded 4 seater MT CrossOver (Yeti) to a small Luxe 2 seater AT Sports hatch (MINI).
Your thoughts on moving from a large car to a smaller car, given our traffic conditions and usage and need for space is very well put together. These exact thoughts are lingering in my mind now as I plan to change my car.

I have been driving the Punto MJD for a long time now and get easily tired in the traffic and on highways as well. I have been checking various cars on and off including Hatchbacks, CSUVs, Mid Size SUVs and the likes, but the preference is clearly towards CSUVs.

For the last many months, I have been driving the Celerio P manual and I just feel that that's all one needs for City traffic. It was a revelation driving this car. Its peppy, agile, light, high seating, visibility, good space for 4 adults, frugal and what not, barring the build quality.

All the other needs can be fulfilled by using rental cars, trains or fly if its long distance.

But alas, the family is bent upon a CSUV or a Mid size SUV. Given a choice , I would buy a car like the Celerio or the Ignis and be done with it. They are perfect for a city like Bengaluru.
Old 11th February 2020, 16:45   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hatchback vs Compact SUV

I was evaluating a Honda Jazz in Feb 2018 when I ended up buying a CSUV instead (a TUV 300) at nearly the same cost as that of a Jazz. I live in a part of Chennai that is outlying and has broad streets and bad roads. Having a CSUV made ample sense for us; we use our puny A-Star AT to venture into the heart of the city where narrows streets and maddening traffic is the norm. In any case, the TUV is sub-4m, has approximately the same turning radius as a Honda Jazz and offers our family far more utility value.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks