Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 15:30   #766
BANNED

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I shall be test driving both the Swift and the 1.5L Etios Liva by the weekend and will take a decision of whether to buy or wait for the Bolt which seems like a very promising product IMO.
What is the update buddy? Did you TD the Swift ZXi and Liva 1.5 TRD?

Anurag.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:22   #767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
1.5L Etios Liva
I don't think they are manufactured anymore.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:42   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The last I heard about Liva 1.5 was in Feb-2014. I got a quote of 7.3lacs from Lanson Toyota Chennai. The car had a waiting period of 1 month as it was 'Made to order'.
Old 11th April 2014, 17:27   #769
BANNED

Quote:
I am referring to the Liva TRD Sportivo and by the website the car does eist.

Anurag
Old 11th April 2014, 17:32   #770
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am referring to the Liva TRD Sportivo and by the website the car does eist.
Anurag as @bblost said I think TRD has been discontinued. But the 1.5L petrol I think is coming back on the Etios Cross. And that would be available for TD only by May as per what I read.
Old 11th April 2014, 17:43   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Anurag as @bblost said I think TRD has been discontinued. But the 1.5L petrol I think is coming back on the Etios Cross. And that would be available for TD only by May as per what I read.
Yes I went to Millenium Toyota couple of days back, TD of Etios Cross 1.5L would be available only in May. First the diesel version would come, then after a week or two the petrol.

They are expecting Etios Cross Diesel to sell more than Petrol, but if they price it say 50k lower they will be surprised.
Old 14th April 2014, 19:38   #772
Senior - BHPian

Experts,

One of my lady office colleague is interested in buying her first car. She has just graduated from learning to drive and want to know the best car for her as a first timer. The requirements are:
1) Should be petrol car since the monthly running is less than 1k kms
2) should be suited for city driving more, highway occasionally
3) Should have min ABS as safety feature coupled with power windows & steering as min.
4) Should be a hatchback within a budget of 6L (OTR cost) which means buying capacity till 5L
5) Open to Automatics too (if there is any in the range).

My suggestions were:
1) Ritz
2) Wagon R Stingray (dont know if this will suit her)
3) Celerio
4) Toyota Liva
5) Chevrolet Sail Uva

She has made it clear that no car from Hyundai stable would be on the list (bad experience earlier in the family). No M-800, A-Stars and of that like. in short nothing below 1lts engine.

Mods: If this is not the right thread, pls feel free to move to the correct ones pls.
Old 14th April 2014, 19:52   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
One of my lady office colleague is interested in buying her first car. She has just graduated from learning to drive and want to know the best car for her as a first timer. The requirements are:

My suggestions were:
You missed out Honda Brio, available in MT as well as AT.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 20:22   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Experts,

She has made it clear that no car from Hyundai stable would be on the list (bad experience earlier in the family). No M-800, A-Stars and of that like. in short nothing below 1lts engine.
The Celerio is the perfect choice and in ZXI form, it comes kitted with everything one would ever want That 1 liter K-Series motor is a hoot in the city as well. BTW even the A-Star came with the same motor, Celerio is intended as its replacement.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 21:31   #775
BANNED

Quote:
Experts,

One of my lady office colleague is interested in buying her first car. She has just graduated from learning to drive and want to know the best car for her as a first timer

My suggestion is a Ritz AT or MT (Depending on budget)!

A tall boy with a wonderful 1.2L K-Series engine with an option of AT box (if not you can choose VXi ABS). Practical, reliable and understated performer.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 08:11   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
You missed out Honda Brio, available in MT as well as AT.
Thanks Rohan. But doesnt Brio cost over 5L? Atleast it does in Mumbai or I am maybe wrong. Unfortunatey there arent much discounts too on the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The Celerio is the perfect choice and in ZXI form, it comes kitted with everything one would ever want That 1 liter K-Series motor is a hoot in the city as well. BTW even the A-Star came with the same motor, Celerio is intended as its replacement.
Thanks mate. If Celerio is as claustophobic as A-Star then it might not make it. But a test drive of the AMT is lined up for sure. Will depend a lot on how the test drive goes (unfortunately I am not picked up for taking the test drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My suggestion is a Ritz AT or MT (Depending on budget).
Thanks Anurag. Ritz is one of the major contender but will be of last priority due to its mass presence on Indian roads.

Guys, How about Micra or Pulse? Will these make to the feminine list? & available < 5L in Mumbai? We know that Micra/Pulse's poor braking capacity and non availaibility of ABS in middle variants. The top variants cross the 6L price mark.
Old 15th April 2014, 08:25   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, How about Micra or Pulse? Will these make to the feminine list? & available < 5L in Mumbai? We know that Micra/Pulse's poor braking capacity and non availaibility of ABS in middle variants. The top variants cross the 6L price mark.
You might have to skip the premium segment if you want safety features. However, you have reminded me of something. If the budget can be increased a wee bit, she can have the Nissan Micra Active XVs which is the top-end model. The car is basically the pre-facelift model with a few tweaks. I find the Micra to be perfect for the city run. Its cute bulbous exterior both looks good and helps interior space too Another car you could consider is the Volkswagen Polo Trendline, which in its base-variant form, now comes with abs and dual airbags as standard. She will however have to live with that awful 1.2 3 pot VW petrol motor. God I wish the tsi was this cheap! Barring these two cars, for which she still might have to raise the budget by a lakh, please dont look any further into the premium hatchback segment unless the budget is increased.

PS: Oops! Sorry, read the budget for the max OTR cost to be 5lakhs. Now understand that to be the ex showroom price. Both the cars I've suggested fit nicely into that budget then

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th April 2014 at 08:38.
Old 15th April 2014, 08:33   #778
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- I think you should ask her to check out the Grand I10.
- They may have had a bad experience with Hyundai, but the Grand i10 is one of the best City cars at the moment.
- Besides the Grand i10, Brio AT.
- Is she keen for an MT?

Quote:
Grand i10 unfortunately didnt make it to the list and it will remain so.
If it has to be a city car, then Brio AT or Micra CVT makes perfect sense. Micra CVT has amazing FE too.
I would have still pushed the Grand i10 AT case. But as you said it finally rests with the buyer.

Last edited by ampere : 15th April 2014 at 08:50.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 08:39   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If the budget can be increased a wee bit, she can have the Nissan Micra Active XVs which is the top-end model. The car is basically the pre-facelift model with a few tweaks. I find the Micra to be perfect for the city run. Its cute bulbous exterior both looks good and helps interior space too
Thanks Ishaan for the tip, will surely pass it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is she keen for an MT?
Although Yes since she learnt on a MT test car, but have advised her to look out for AT options as well coz in the longer run they might get irritated with the MT in the ever increasing traffic conditions of the cities.
Grand i10 unfortunately didnt make it to the list and it will remain so.

Nobody has commented on the Liva or the Sail -arent these women friendly cars? Also is it not worth to include Figo in the list?
Old 15th April 2014, 08:52   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nobody has commented on the Liva or the Sail -arent these women friendly cars? Also is it not worth to include Figo in the list?
AT would be great yes, but the only way I see that working is if you buy the Celerio AMT which is a brilliant car in all aspects except that it lack basic safety features. The Sail, I have no experience with but cant really recommend the car for much more than its space. The Liva is in the same boat too and as for the Figo, the petrol motor it comes with is quite a pain to live with.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks