Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 18:30   #1381
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
This seems to be getting good reviews for its build quality and better graphics than the nexus 7

http://www.flipkart.com/simmtronics-...4-a0d6f6ba79f2

Thanks! This looks really great. Will try to find one in local store for the look and feel before placing the order
Old 8th October 2013, 20:29   #1382
BHPian

Need some help on this.
Got the nexus 7 3g from flipkart, upgraded to android 4.3 and everything seems to work fine except auto sync of emails. Emails do not sync immediately but takes long to auto sync and display the notifications. Many times I have to manually sync to get emails. How to solve this?
I have tried using the standard email app(non gmail one), cleared data from the gmail app, re installed the app,did a factory reset but to no avail.

Is this an issue with 4.3 update? If there is no end to his problem then my dad will exchange this for the galaxy tab 3.

any help will be appreciated.
Old 8th October 2013, 21:24   #1383
BHPian

Standard Chartered Card user can get the Nexus 7 16 gb wifi model from Flipkart for 9 grand and change. And I thought 10k was a steal.

PS: 10% cash back is valid throughout the site for orders over 10k for Standard Chartered users. There may be a fine print though.
Old 11th October 2013, 00:18   #1384
BHPian

Some of the office colleagues whom i asked to do some r&d on tablets have suggested on lenovo tab against samsung tab3 and ipad mini, for reasons pertaining to techspec between samsung and lenovo and over ipad because of high repair cost, as in my case it will be largely used by kids too. Any user review on lenovo tablet will be of great help
Old 12th October 2013, 21:45   #1385
BHPian

I have a first gen Reliance 7" 3G TAB (ZTE OEM). Since reliance 3G does not work in Karnataka - Can someone please suggest how I can unlock it to be used with other service provider SIM cards?
Old 12th October 2013, 21:56   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Need some help on this.
Got the nexus 7 3g from flipkart, upgraded to android 4.3 and everything seems to work fine except auto sync of emails.

Is this an issue with 4.3 update?
My nexus 7 16GB wifi (with 4.3) syncs as soon as it finds a connection and immediately throws up notification. I guess it could be a problem of connecting with network. I don't think 4.3 has any problem.
Old 14th October 2013, 01:06   #1387
BHPian

Guys, do we have a user with Lenovo A3000, I find it a god feat at 13500, against Note3 and nexus 7, please suggest
I have twice gone to the payment button at the amazon site but the stepped back to check for more review or user feedback
Old 15th October 2013, 20:13   #1388
BHPian

Any review about Micromax Funbook Mini P410 ?

Looks feature packed considering the price (8820 INR).
At this price It has Dual SIM,1 GB RAM, (A?)GPS, etc. which looks good feature set.

Can anybody suggest any alternate?

I am attracted to this tablet mainly due to combo of 1GB RAM, SIM/3G and GPS/A-GPS.
Old 16th October 2013, 13:57   #1389
BHPian

Just got my Nexus 7 at 7.6k at FlipKart. Prices reduced to 9k + 15% discount on Std Chartered bank card. Is this a good deal given that new Nexus is being launched? Too late to think, but just looking for validation. Main purpose is for my kid to read books, and act as a GPS in car when needed.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:02   #1390
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
Just got my Nexus 7 at 7.6k at FlipKart. Prices reduced to 9k + 15% discount on Std Chartered bank card. Is this a good deal given that new Nexus is being launched?
It's a steal considering it was been sold for almost double (14K, I think)some months back. I bought mine at 9K a month back & no issues till now.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:29   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
It's a steal considering it was been sold for almost double (14K, I think)some months back. I bought mine at 9K a month back & no issues till now.
Thank you carboy for the comment. You made me feel better (that Nexus 7 is a decent tablet). Some of the comments that I read on the Internet said New Nexus 7 doesnt feel like a second gen, but more like a 4th gen, given all the improvements. This is my first Android device, and thats why I had the question (worth buing or not).

BTW, How do I mount this in my car? (Honda City AT). Any ideas?

Last edited by bsdbsd : 16th October 2013 at 15:30. Reason: Context post included.
Old 17th October 2013, 14:57   #1392
BHPian

Amazon.in is offering discounts on Kindle Fire HD (7Inch one). It now costs ~12k. My question is why would one go with Kindle as compared to Nexus 7? Now that Nexus 7 is around 9k in Flipkart, which one should i buy? Is there any advantage of buying Kindle Fire over a Nexus?
Old 17th October 2013, 15:06   #1393
BHPian

bond bhai, if you can, please avoide Kindle Fire HD. Its heavy and it does not give you full Android experience. Its more than 12k too. See my post above...I got Nexus 7 at 7.5K (if you have an SCB card). If reading is your main thing, then I suggest going for iPad mini. Wait till Oct 22 and you will have a solid idea of what to buy.
Old 20th October 2013, 17:40   #1394
BHPian

Hi Guys, I need an all rounder tablet in the budget of 10K to max 12K. The main thing is that this tablet should be able to connect to the internet using the tata photon+ dongle,on the go. If I can get a call with sim function too will be a boon but not compulsory(after all what are phones for then). Should be free from lag and have a good 3-4 hour backup atleast. Please suggest the best possible options for my need.
Old 20th October 2013, 18:21   #1395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Amazon.in is offering discounts on Kindle Fire HD (7Inch one). It now costs ~12k. My question is why would one go with Kindle as compared to Nexus 7? Now that Nexus 7 is around 9k in Flipkart, which one should i buy? Is there any advantage of buying Kindle Fire over a Nexus?
Note that you cannot access the Google Play Store with the Kindle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks