Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 00:45   #151
BHPian

Samsung is conducting a survey about Wave, Samsung Apps, Kies and bada OS. Here's the link - Samsung Apps Survey

Please take some time and complete this survey. This will only help us in future with right kind of apps and features in the OS. Good going Samsung.

@NiNad, I don't have information about Wave 723. 1300 is a lot of messages for me at least. Probably you can call Samsung customer care and ask for details.
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:57   #152
BHPian

Hi fellow Wave users, does Kies allow you to have the phone attached via bluetooth so you can be notified of incoming calls and sms, something like nokia suite.
Thanks. keep Waving
Old 4th December 2010, 12:18   #153
BHPian

Friends, Need For Speed Shift has appeared back on the store. And it is FREE. Download it before it goes away again.

Samsung Apps
Old 4th December 2010, 13:42   #154
BHPian

Hey that's great news. But when i connect through kies and open the samsung apps,the game doesnt come up. But when i click on the link you provided i can download it. Then i saw that it is the U.K. version of samsung apps that is showing the game. Have put on downloading, lets see how it goes. Thanks BTW.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:17   #155
BHPian

Friends, Samsung has announced the winner of bada Developer Challenge.

Here are the winner apps - http://developer.bada.com/challenge/...nID=L000000000

These apps are free to download for ONE month only. Hurry.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:35   #156
Senior - BHPian

Got my wave's speaker changed under warranty, it went kaput few days back.Btw anybody any luck in connecting kies with Bluetooth.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:01   #157
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Deleted apps. Deleted Cache. Deleted all multimedia items on phone memory. Even then it's saying 'additional 16mb required'. What to do?
Old 10th December 2010, 10:22   #158
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Wave 525/533 here ?

I am most interested in GPS navigation with the phone.

Does the Wave 525 come with pre-installed maps ? Can we use these maps for GPS navigation without purchasing any app ?

Rohan
Old 10th December 2010, 10:44   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Anyone using Wave 525/533 here ?

I am most interested in GPS navigation with the phone.

Does the Wave 525 come with pre-installed maps ? Can we use these maps for GPS navigation without purchasing any app ?

Rohan
If GPS is very important to you, don't go for any of the Wave series phones. The built-in Route66 is not free and it lacks in coverage compared to Ovi Maps or Google Maps. There is a java version of Google maps which works, but you need a good data plan as it needs internet connection to download map tiles.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:59   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
If GPS is very important to you, don't go for any of the Wave series phones. The built-in Route66 is not free and it lacks in coverage compared to Ovi Maps or Google Maps. There is a java version of Google maps which works, but you need a good data plan as it needs internet connection to download map tiles.
Thanks for your honest advice.

I don't understand why the other phone companies don't offer a working GPS navigation system out of the box (like in Nokia phones), even though they have the GPS hardware built in the handset.

These Google Maps that you mentioned - do they have to be downloaded every time when you need to use GPS navigation, or is it a one time affair ? If it is a one time thing, and the maps can be downloaded through wifi, then data plan charges do not come into the picture.

My would-be wife already has a Nokia 5230 which has excellent GPS navigation. Thats why I don't want to buy another Nokia for me. Also the Symbian 1 OS is outdated and the phones are bulky and heavy.

I really liked the build quality, shape, size, thickness, weight and touch screen response of Wave 525. It seems really VFM at its price.

Rohan
Old 18th December 2010, 19:12   #161
UKR
BHPian

Looks like I have lost the password for my samsung account, I am not able to log in to the account in app store. Guys anyone know how to recover/reset the password for samsung account?
Old 18th December 2010, 23:54   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
These Google Maps that you mentioned - do they have to be downloaded every time when you need to use GPS navigation, or is it a one time affair ? If it is a one time thing, and the maps can be downloaded through wifi, then data plan charges do not come into the picture.
You can't download the maps through wifi, the tiles are downloaded on the go. But they are cached, so you download those only once. Keep in mind that it has only navigation, no voice guidance.

More navigation options will come to bada OS slowly. Sygic and NDrive has already announced that they are developing apps for bada. But most likely they will be paid apps.

Quote:
My would-be wife already has a Nokia 5230 which has excellent GPS navigation. Thats why I don't want to buy another Nokia for me. Also the Symbian 1 OS is outdated and the phones are bulky and heavy.
My wife has 5230, which is as good as a dedicated GPS navigation device. Because of that, I went for Wave without any doubts. 5230 is always available when I need.

Quote:
I really liked the build quality, shape, size, thickness, weight and touch screen response of Wave 525. It seems really VFM at its price.

Rohan
Yes it is. In fact entire Wave series is real VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Looks like I have lost the password for my samsung account, I am not able to log in to the account in app store. Guys anyone know how to recover/reset the password for samsung account?
Give it a try on samsungapps.com. There should be an option to reset the password. Else, simply create another account.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:22   #163
BHPian

Bada 2.0 in the making

Details for Bada 2.0 emerge, new UI and NFC in store - GSMArena.com news

Quote:
Samsung allowed a quick glimpse at what's in store for the next generation of their own smartphone OS. Bada OS 2.0 will have an improved UI, NFC support, an ad gateway and other improvements, including plenty of work under the hood.
Changes to the user interface promise personalization, a "smart" homescreen, layout management (whatever that is) and animation effects. Multitasking and security will get upgrades in Bada 2.0 as well.

What Samsung has planned for Bada OS 2.0
By the looks of it, Samsung is positioning Bada to be a good alternative to Android - and iOS too. Third-part SNS integration and push notifications make the list as do text-to-speech and speech recognition.
Curiously, NFC (which is experiencing a resurgence with the Samsung-made Google Nexus S) is also included in the plans for the second major version of the self-titled smartphone for the masses.
Operating billing and ad gateway are major additions too. There are no details given, but "ad gateway" sounds like a Samsung-branded alternative to iAds and Google's Mobile Ads.
Bada is growing - more than 5 million Wave phones are expected to be sold by the end of the year and plans for next year include a much faster pace. Samsung's projections expect more than 10 million Bada phones to be sold in the first half of 2011.
Whether or not old devices will be updated to Bada OS 2.0 remains to be seen - the lines in the second slide certainly raise more questions than they answer.
Old 24th December 2010, 21:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

bada 1.2 alpha ready with Trace(swype).
sadly itll take time to reach us (Jan). well ,me as usual being my impaitent self , will try to install the alpha and uprgade from my 1.0.2
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:15   #165
BHPian

Hey guys, I have attached some pics on the "Mobile phone Thread" I have clicked with my samsung Wave. please check out the same. here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2193324

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks