Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 14:01   #13216
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
So does that mean that Indian launch will be delayed further? Also, there are speculations that GN4 will be priced near 25-30k here in India, so why SO much difference between US & here?
Thats because it will be launched in India by LG and not thru Google Play store. It will be similar story in most of Europe also where Google Play is not available.
Google is actually taking a hit on its margins to sell this phone cheaper, with the ultimate aim to break the operator monopoly over cellphone market in the US.
Old 21st December 2012, 22:14   #13217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That's good. The money will come back, but it's just their practice I am not ok with.

I just saw the increase in price. I guess and hope Flipkart hasn't stooped so low that for a mere 300 rupees increase, they are declaring out of stock and then opening stocks with the new price [I know smart alecs will say 300 rupees over 100+ pieces will make a difference].

But flipkart has lost my confidence.
Got an email that they have shipped the phone. Will get it by Monday.
Old 22nd December 2012, 00:23   #13218
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone facing a problem with YouTube? All of a sudden videos are not loading in any of the 3 Android devices at home. Am using home wifi on Airtel broadband.
Old 22nd December 2012, 01:47   #13219
Senior - BHPian

Well, Flipkart wasn't able to find a white A110 from their suppliers in all of B'lore as of yesterday 'noon. Shame, because a small mobile only retailer in Thippasandra 80 ft road [Indiranagar] was able to, today. Got a tip from a person in another store who I kept calling everyday, about Hi-Tech communications [the shop I purchased from].

So, I now have a beautiful white A110. After having this phone for over 2 hours now, I can understand why this phone is in demand and sells out so quickly. This retailer i purchased from, got 3 pieces of A110 stock in the evening and the white I picked up at 9.30pm, was the third sold.

Fresh stock, manufacted and imported in Dec 2012. Rs. 10,000 and totally worth it. My wife is surprised I restrained myself from purchasing a high end phone and she is now so impressed with the A110, that she doesn't mind trading her Sony Xperia S, for this.

Photos, for the people who like to see. Sorry, they aren't really good and I had to use flash. Didn't have time to take properly exposed photos, due to want of exploring the phone.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1img_3921001.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1img_3922001.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1img_3923.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1img_3928.jpg

This is MY first android phone. And I'm loving it..

If anyone else needs to buy the same phone, you can approach Hi-Tech Communications in Thippasandra 80 feet road, right besides the NH8 restaurant and Bata showroom building. They seem to say they can arrange stock [most likely next coming on Monday/Tuesday next week]. Their phone: 080-40947792.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Got an email that they have shipped the phone. Will get it by Monday.
Congratulations Abeer, hope it reaches you soon.. I got mine today and it's lovely. Have fun with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1img_3927001.jpg  

Last edited by k_ajay : 22nd December 2012 at 01:50.
Old 22nd December 2012, 09:38   #13220
Senior - BHPian

S3 users! How are you able to cope up with the Samsung's crappy JB update?!

Yesterday I saw a friend's S3 with the jellybean update. The phone was totally jittery during transitions and app loads. There was no smoothness at all. It felt like operating a budget android with low specs running ICS. I could easily show off the performance of my GNEX to an S3 user!

It is highly recommended that you guys install some ROM like paranoid android. Then you can realize how fast your phone can be!
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:28   #13221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
...The phone was totally jittery during transitions and app loads. There was no smoothness at all...
Can you ask him to reboot to recovery and clear the cache and try? Had resolved a similar issue 3 days back. Hope it helps.
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:37   #13222
BHPian

Any Cyanogenmod 9 users here? I'm planning to flash it in my Explorer this week.

I heard about this s2e app, and how it is supposedly better than link2SD(which I currently use) since it can move app data to the SD card as well.

Since the Explorer has very low internal memory, such an app is absolutely essential.

Could anyone give a tutorial on how to use it?
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:39   #13223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Can you ask him to reboot to recovery and clear the cache and try? Had resolved a similar issue 3 days back. Hope it helps.
Just clearing the cache would solve all the slowness? I'll ask him but I really do not think that will make the phone super responsive like the nexus jellybean. It is still touchwiz right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Any Cyanogenmod 9 users here? I'm planning to flash it in my Explorer this week.

I heard about this s2e app, and how it is supposedly better than link2SD(which I currently use) since it can move app data to the SD card as well.

Since the Explorer has very low internal memory, such an app is absolutely essential.

Could anyone give a tutorial on how to use it?
S2E is much better and easy to configure. I am using it in my HTC desire.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd December 2012 at 21:41.
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:19   #13224
Senior - BHPian

Checked the A110 and A90s and purchased the A90s from Croma today for 13k. Looks the perfect size, ics is good but memory is only 512 so will have to download links2sd so that all apps get installed on the sd card.

Screen resolution looks good. Icons look pathetic.

Purchased this phone for my fiancee and got her HTC wildfire s to use as a lab rat for rooting. Need to head to xda now
Old 23rd December 2012, 07:24   #13225
BHPian

Quote:
S2E is much better and easy to configure. I am using it in my HTC desire.
Could you please tell me how?

I understand we have to create an ext3/4 partition on the SD card, thrn install the s2e app. Then what?

Also, is it ok to create a 2GB partition or should I stick to 1GB?
Old 23rd December 2012, 09:14   #13226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Could you please tell me how?

I understand we have to create an ext3/4 partition on the SD card, thrn install the s2e app. Then what?

Also, is it ok to create a 2GB partition or should I stick to 1GB?
1gb is more than enough. Ext4 partition can be easily created from a touch recovery like 4ext. Then, boot to Android, run s2e, and then check the boxes against data, dalvik and app storage whichever you want to move to sd. For best performance, keep app data in internal storage and move dalvik and app storage to sd ext4.
Old 23rd December 2012, 13:45   #13227
BHPian

Today, I bought Swiftkey 3 keyboard (Rs 50) and NFS Most Wanted ($0.99). Good deal IMO.
Old 24th December 2012, 06:36   #13228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1gb is more than enough. Ext4 partition can be easily created from a touch recovery like 4ext. Then, boot to Android, run s2e, and then check the boxes against data, dalvik and app storage whichever you want to move to sd. For best performance, keep app data in internal storage and move dalvik and app storage to sd ext4.
Agreed.

I use http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124 INT2EXT on my phone. Absolutely brilliant. All these phone manufacturers giving such less internal memory on their phones should be sued!!

Without it, mobile browsing was a game of "Clean your cache" on every 4/5th page. This works only on CM ROMs.
Old 24th December 2012, 08:27   #13229
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Recd my iMito MX2 Mini Android PC today. I had ordered it on 13th dec and recd it today. I am in Sydney at the moment and.hence ordered it here as very little hassles with customs and all compared to India. Ordered it from www.geekbuying.com

I paid a total of AUS$ 89 for the pc, keyboard and 4 port usb hub. The packing and all was spot on. Also the customer care was efficient and responsive. Attached it to my LED tv here and did a basic setup and tests. Have packed it away for the time being and plan to do a full review once back home in India. Attaching a few pics of the same.

The trio

Name:  ForumRunner_20121224_135434.png
Views: 1178
Size:  725.2 KB

The PC

Name:  ForumRunner_20121224_135446.png
Views: 1215
Size:  512.9 KB

The Keyboard / Mouse pad comes with a in built rechargeable battery. It came with some juice in it and it lasted enough through the setup. Shall know more about it once i start using it properly back home.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121224_135500.png
Views: 1146
Size:  728.4 KB

Home Screen

Name:  ForumRunner_20121224_135511.png
Views: 1194
Size:  749.3 KB

Play Store

Name:  ForumRunner_20121224_135523.png
Views: 1177
Size:  751.9 KB

Shall start a new thread on the detailed review once home.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 24th December 2012 at 08:28.
Old 24th December 2012, 09:06   #13230
BHPian

A strange problem with my MMX A90S running OOTB ICS. In contacts, I have set it up to display only 'Phone' contacts and it works perfectly. Now when I go to Messaging--> New Message--> Add contacts, It shows all the contacts from my contact list! ie gmail/outlook/whatspp etc etc. This is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Also anyone in Bangalore willing to help me to root my phone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks