Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 01:30   #13051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I read that I can use a "sim cutter" to cut normal sim, and it will become micro sim, and work perfectly. Anybody used it here. Cutters cost 100rs approx, and the mobile shop people charge 100rs for cutting. So it makes sense to buy cutter and cut yourself!
Yes, it works, that's how I am using a regular sim cut into a micro sim in my S3
Old 13th December 2012, 08:46   #13052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I read that I can use a "sim cutter" to cut normal sim, and it will become micro sim, and work perfectly. Anybody used it here. Cutters cost 100rs approx, and the mobile shop people charge 100rs for cutting. So it makes sense to buy cutter and cut yourself!
Wow, that's expensive.

Here they charge 20rs. And I use it in my S3. The cutter have also given the sloted original sim, which is still useful to insert the micro-sim and use in my normal mobile
Old 13th December 2012, 10:48   #13053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Wow, that's expensive.

Here they charge 20rs. And I use it in my S3. The cutter have also given the sloted original sim, which is still useful to insert the micro-sim and use in my normal mobile
Here (bombay) I wasn't charged anything. But it was for a new sim I was getting from him.
Old 13th December 2012, 18:13   #13054
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I saw a Micromax A110 and was impressed. Think it's a fine phone for the price. Quite appropriately, the phone is in huge demand and the White [and most cases, also Black] color model is out of stock with every major mobile retailer in Bangalore, including online retail sites.

If anyone in B'lore knows where this phone is available, in White for Rs. 9990 [or lesser], please could you share the details of the availability? Thanks.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:42   #13055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The stock email app on the WAJKIUI GB ROM lacks a couple of things, doesn't display photos and I can't see the subject and to section. Can someone recommend another free email client that supports exchange mail and is free :-)
I don't know about free Exchange email app but K9 mail is by far the best email app I've used. Aqua mail is good but not fully polished I feel. I hate Profi Mail for its UI.

Touchdown by Nitro was what I used to have when I was on Exchange mail but I guess it's now a paid app.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:52   #13056
BHPian

Touchdown is still free for 30 days and I reinstall every month. Nothing compares to it. Just need to download it with a different email ID every month but you can configure the same exchange account.
Old 13th December 2012, 21:24   #13057
BHPian

How to increase call log archive in android 4.0.3?

How to increase the call log archive in android 4.0.3?

Samsung Galaxy S2
Stock update ICS 4.0.3.
10 GB+ available space on Phone
25 GB+ available space on SD card

Now, I've read that this phone can store 30+ days of call records. However on my phone, the last records visible date back to 30 Nov . That makes this only 13 days of call records.

Is there a way I can increase this to about 45 days.

Is there a limit on the number of entries?

How to prevent multiple subsequent calls fron the same number from getting bunched up together?

Thanks!
Old 14th December 2012, 12:01   #13058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
If anyone in B'lore knows where this phone is available, in White for Rs. 9990 [or lesser], please could you share the details of the availability? Thanks.
infibeam has stock of white micromax A110 for Rs 9999. If you have hdfc credit card you can get upto 10% discount.
Old 14th December 2012, 13:02   #13059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I don't know about free Exchange email app but K9 mail is by far the best email app I've used. Aqua mail is good but not fully polished I feel. I hate Profi Mail for its UI.

Touchdown by Nitro was what I used to have when I was on Exchange mail but I guess it's now a paid app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Touchdown is still free for 30 days and I reinstall every month. Nothing compares to it. Just need to download it with a different email ID every month but you can configure the same exchange account.
With the 4.2 update, I stated using the default mail client with exchange mail server in my office. By far the best experience.

Earlier it was K9 but it had usability issues with my soft menu keys in galaxy nexus.

Why don't you consider using exchange mail setup in the default mail client?

Last edited by clevermax : 14th December 2012 at 13:05.
Old 14th December 2012, 13:09   #13060
BHPian

Re: How to increase call log archive in android 4.0.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
How to increase the call log archive in android 4.0.3?

Samsung Galaxy S2
Stock update ICS 4.0.3.
10 GB+ available space on Phone
25 GB+ available space on SD card

Now, I've read that this phone can store 30+ days of call records. However on my phone, the last records visible date back to 30 Nov . That makes this only 13 days of call records.

Is there a way I can increase this to about 45 days.

Is there a limit on the number of entries?

How to prevent multiple subsequent calls fron the same number from getting bunched up together?

Thanks!
Play store for "call logs" ->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...XBSZXN0b3JlIl0.
Old 14th December 2012, 13:26   #13061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
infibeam has stock of white micromax A110 for Rs 9999. If you have hdfc credit card you can get upto 10% discount.
I hold an HDFC Credit card, is it a coupon you are referring to?
Old 14th December 2012, 13:43   #13062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Yesterday I saw a Micromax A110 and was impressed. Think it's a fine phone for the price. Quite appropriately, the phone is in huge demand and the White [and most cases, also Black] color model is out of stock with every major mobile retailer in Bangalore, including online retail sites.

One of my friend got this a week back. he picked it up from Croma. Try it.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:12   #13063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
I hold an HDFC Credit card, is it a coupon you are referring to?
yes i was referring to the coupon "HDFC2013". but just now saw that it has just
maximum cash discount of Rs. 175
Old 14th December 2012, 14:42   #13064
BHPian

Who all from Kerala with a BSNL 3G connection with their Androids? I am having a trouble here. Even though the signal is stable, my internet connection seems to be acting crazy for the past few days. It comes and goes and hence most push services are not delivering messages properly. For e.g. Gmail pushes emails sometimes after more than 30 mins, Whatsapp, Nimbuzz all are affected. Even my office mail takes ages to appear. I think the data connectivity is coming and going and hence the issue. I tried the same SIM card with 2 phones, both had the same trouble. Anyone to give me company? Between, I am around Kochi area and on 700 Rs. 3G plan

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 14th December 2012 at 14:44.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:27   #13065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The stock email app on the WAJKIUI GB ROM lacks a couple of things, doesn't display photos and I can't see the subject and to section. Can someone recommend another free email client that supports exchange mail and is free :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
With the 4.2 update, I stated using the default mail client with exchange mail server in my office. By far the best experience.

Earlier it was K9 but it had usability issues with my soft menu keys in galaxy nexus.

Why don't you consider using exchange mail setup in the default mail client?
Like he said, he is on a custom ROM and the native app is actually buggy (doesnt even sync properly at times!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Err, that sounds like an offshoot of piracy! Why go through the hassle every month? If you like the app so much just buy the paid version!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks