Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 14:43   #11566
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Its seems like a pain to get it sorted. I tried configuring the Static IP as mentioned in different forums but doesnt work. I want to download JB but since the wifi gets disconnected, there is no way i can do that.

Many Thanks
Hi,

A friend faced similar issues in his Nexus running on 4.0.4; US purchased and his local mobile guy advised him to check the router security settings as some (WEP or WPA) do tend to play up with some Mobile phones. I am no expert here so cant explain in detail. Eventually what we did was,

1. deleted wifi details from phone,
2. reset his router,
3. Changed his SSID and
4. Removed security and made it an open / un secured network.

Then we had no issues keeping up the connectivity; we tested that leaving the phone connected to the wifi network for a good 1-2 hours and streaming videos on youtube. After which he downloaded the JB 4.1 and since then no issues.

Do give this method a try; i don't assure it will work or not. But it did work from my friend and been almost over 10 days since he did this method.

Regards,
Old 26th September 2012, 15:27   #11567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

A friend faced similar issues in his Nexus running on 4.0.4; US purchased and his local mobile guy advised him to check the router security settings as some (WEP or WPA) do tend to play up with some Mobile phones. I am no expert here so cant explain in detail. Eventually what we did was,

1. deleted wifi details from phone,
2. reset his router,
3. Changed his SSID and
4. Removed security and made it an open / un secured network.

Then we had no issues keeping up the connectivity; we tested that leaving the phone connected to the wifi network for a good 1-2 hours and streaming videos on Youtube. After which he downloaded the JB 4.1 and since then no issues.

Do give this method a try; i don't assure it will work or not. But it did work from my friend and been almost over 10 days since he did this method.

Regards,
Thanks Harshal. That gives me some hope. Let me try doing this today or tom. I shall try this and post the update.
Old 26th September 2012, 15:33   #11568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
1. Data connectivity:
This was one of the main reasons I purchased this phone and it has left me disappointed. When in my local circle, it takes a very long time (around 5 minutes) to open basic apps like FB. As I type this, FB still fails to open in one attempt though I have a full signal.
Are you using BSNL cellone? Because even for me this data connectivity takes a lot of such manipulations.
Old 26th September 2012, 15:54   #11569
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Are you using BSNL cellone? Because even for me this data connectivity takes a lot of such manipulations.
Nope, Airtel, supposedly the best provider in the country.
Old 26th September 2012, 16:25   #11570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Nope, Airtel, supposedly the best provider in the country.
Download some speed test app from Google Play and measure , point 1 and 2 are interrelated because voice commands need connectivity. It may well be Airtel issue.
Also go to settings and enable data on roaming by clicking that checkbox and save.

For reducing the time taken to camp are you on 3G ?
If yes and if it is searching for both 3G and 2G you can reduce time by 3G only network search.

Last edited by amitk26 : 26th September 2012 at 16:40.
Old 26th September 2012, 16:29   #11571
BHPian

Hi all, I got a Nexus 7 tablet running Jelly Bean. Since it is not available in India officially yet, I got it through an importer. Obviously there is no warranty.

The device is brilliant. After using this I cannot go back to something with Sense or Blur or Touchwiz in it. It is as smooth as an ipad and a great steal for the price.

The best thing about this device is the form factor. It is half the size and weight of an ipad, so comfortable to carry everywhere.

I can strongly recommend this to someone who is looking for an ipad alternative. And in my opinion, the vanilla Android is the best mobile platform around
Old 26th September 2012, 17:15   #11572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici

Thanks Harshal. That gives me some hope. Let me try doing this today or tom. I shall try this and post the update.
by the way why are you still on ics ?
Old 26th September 2012, 17:36   #11573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
by the way why are you still on ics ?
Since his phone is unable to stay connected to wifi for a longer duration, he is unable to update it to JB 4.1 OTA.

@Desmosedici check if you can download JB to your Nexus via your Laptop or something.
Old 26th September 2012, 17:43   #11574
Senior - BHPian

I dropped my Atrix 2 this morning and my screen now has black horizontal lines around the centre.

Does this happen only with a fall & can the service centre pin point it, or will I be able to claim warranty on this ?
Old 26th September 2012, 18:23   #11575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

Since his phone is unable to stay connected to wifi for a longer duration, he is unable to update it to JB 4.1 OTA.

@Desmosedici check if you can download JB to your Nexus via your Laptop or something.
I downloaded 160MB JB OTA on 3G. Hardly took 10mins.
Old 26th September 2012, 19:58   #11576
BANNED

any feedback on MMX A100. Considering MMX would not meet any software quality of the biggies, any CM options?.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:03   #11577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I downloaded 160MB JB OTA on 3G. Hardly took 10mins.
I dont have 3G since my usage is restricted to FB, Email and Whatsapp, hence i use the normal data plan from vodafone. I shall try to connect via laptop and see if i can update it to JB. Thanks Guys.

P.S. i just checked online. It seems JB can be updated via a laptop only by rooting and there is no other way to do it manually.

Last edited by Desmosedici : 26th September 2012 at 22:15.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:10   #11578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
any feedback on MMX A100. Considering MMX would not meet any software quality of the biggies, any CM options?.
Do refer to this thread.

As for CM options, there was a post by @nishantgandhi (I think) on this thread with a link discussing roms for this model. Look it up.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:31   #11579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I dropped my Atrix 2 this morning and my screen now has black horizontal lines around the centre.
Hard to pinpoint the problem, it could range from a loose ribbon contact to an LCD replacement. Is the digitizer (touch panel) working fine?

Go to service center. They should replace the LCD free of cost, unless there is a crack below the spot where you see the black lines
Old 26th September 2012, 22:58   #11580
Senior - BHPian

people of the world, have you not seen:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...ate_25_billion

looks awesome, bought most of them across both my phone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks