Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 02:22   #8686
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Xolo X900 is the first Intel-powered Android phone to go on sale

First Impression: Lava Xolo X900 | Video & Photo Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Nice to see the First INTEL powered android being launched by an Indian firm. And for those who might scoff at the "single core" .Take a look at the benchmark scores

AnandTech - Intel's Medfield & Atom Z2460 Arrive for Smartphones: It's Finally Here

Anyway Indians are brand conscious. i don't see anyone shelling out 20K for a "lava" phone. so i predict this will be a sales dud (the idea blade is a sales dud too, inspite of being the exact same phone as the Dell XCD35,which sold in good numbers)
Old 20th April 2012, 09:16   #8687
BHPian

I just bought Micromax A75 to replace my wifes sone w595. The phone seemed pretty good for the price 9K with Dual sim and 3G running on Andriod. My wife doesn't use a lot of apps so went ahead with this one.
Old 20th April 2012, 09:20   #8688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Xolo X900 is the first Intel-powered Android phone to go on sale

First Impression: Lava Xolo X900 | Video & Photo Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India

Nice to see the First INTEL powered android being launched by an Indian firm. And for those who might scoff at the "single core" .Take a look at the benchmark scores

AnandTech - Intel's Medfield & Atom Z2460 Arrive for Smartphones: It's Finally Here

Anyway Indians are brand conscious. i don't see anyone shelling out 20K for a "lava" phone. so i predict this will be a sales dud (the idea blade is a sales dud too, inspite of being the exact same phone as the Dell XCD35,which sold in good numbers)
+1. I also feel they don't even have a fully customized "Lava" firmware. See the launcher screenshot. And at 22K, its aggressively overpriced. It may turn out to be a disaster IMO. Also, consider the fact that we have lot of dual core options in that price range. Lets see how the market reacts.
Old 20th April 2012, 11:05   #8689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
+1. I also feel they don't even have a fully customized "Lava" firmware. See the launcher screenshot. And at 22K, its aggressively overpriced. It may turn out to be a disaster IMO. Also, consider the fact that we have lot of dual core options in that price range. Lets see how the market reacts.
Core's doesnt really matter here. You can refer to the benchmark of this phone. As per the benchmark - it is one of the top performance oriented mobile in the market. How people react to brand - Lava is a different question all together. This phone might find it hard to penetrate into Indian market initially. Over the period, eventually it might succeed.
Old 20th April 2012, 11:24   #8690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
My understanding is that most stuff related to the build have been done by Intel and Lava is mainly responsible for the sales network and support.

The Spec's at least on paper are comparable to more expensive phones and provided it does all that is claimed pretty well, it may have a chance.

I agree people may not be keen on a 'Lava' Phone. But there is a chance more people will look at it as an 'Intel Phone' as it is a brand they recognize.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:12   #8691
BHPian

Whoa. specs are sweet.

XOLO X900 | India's first Intel Inside Phone | Android Phone, Best Smart Phone in India

At around 20K you get a 8MP camera and a 720P screen

obvious errors on the official website ? the 5.7 MBPS is supposed to be upload speed (UL) not Download speed (DL)
Old 20th April 2012, 15:12   #8692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Whoa. specs are sweet.

XOLO X900 | India's first Intel Inside Phone | Android Phone, Best Smart Phone in India

At around 20K you get a 8MP camera and a 720P screen

obvious errors on the official website ? the 5.7 MBPS is supposed to be upload speed (UL) not Download speed (DL)
Its interesting to see the "Lava" brand name is not shown anywhere on the website. Lets watch the play from gallery Initial availability only through website and not on stores seems interesting. Brand building is their moto?
Old 20th April 2012, 15:13   #8693
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my Galaxy S i9003 to 2.3 Gingerbread last week and since then i am noticing the battery isnt lasting as long. Also saw one serious problem with the version, Sometimes when a call comes the phone rather than showing the call accept/reject buttons (the red and green ones) continues to show the lock or main wallpaper screen with phone ringing and no options to do anything with the call.

I just had to let it ring, once that was over, go to call logs to see who called and call him back. Is this a known issue, any idea someone?
Old 20th April 2012, 15:54   #8694
BHPian

Mayank there is an option in call settings.I dont remember exactly,but it will solve your problem
Old 20th April 2012, 18:26   #8695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Mayank there is an option in call settings.I dont remember exactly,but it will solve your problem
Programs - call settings - answer settings - Enforce Proximity settings - OFF
Old 20th April 2012, 19:20   #8696
BHPian

Guys any suggestions for a good custom ROM for the Galaxy Note? I was thinking Cyanogen Mod 9. Is there anything better for the G-Note? Currently running stock rooted DDLB2 2.3.6

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 20th April 2012, 19:29   #8697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
Upgraded my Galaxy S i9003 to 2.3 Gingerbread last week and since then i am noticing the battery isnt lasting as long. Also saw one serious problem with the version, Sometimes when a call comes the phone rather than showing the call accept/reject buttons (the red and green ones) continues to show the lock or main wallpaper screen with phone ringing and no options to do anything with the call.

I just had to let it ring, once that was over, go to call logs to see who called and call him back. Is this a known issue, any idea someone?
Well I would suggest you to take backup of your existing apps , contacts & then do a full data & cache wipe from boot loader menu. It solved my issue. At least try with cache clear.
Old 21st April 2012, 10:03   #8698
BHPian

Samsung Galaxy S3 available for pre-order on Amazon.de

Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone 4,7 Zoll schwarz: Amazon.de: Elektronik

Decent specs-
4.7-inch Super AMOLED display
12-megapixel camera
Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
16GB of internal memory, expandable to 32GB with microSDHC
Old 21st April 2012, 11:33   #8699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666
Guys any suggestions for a good custom ROM for the Galaxy Note? I was thinking Cyanogen Mod 9. Is there anything better for the G-Note? Currently running stock rooted DDLB2 2.3.6

Cheers,
Kaushik
You could consider checkrom, its stable, all functions working, lots of features, good battery life. Though working on gingerbread.
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:46   #8700
BHPian

Went to check out the HTC One X as well as the SG Note today once again. Even though the One X is better processor wise and with ICS, i'm still leaning towards the Note for one simple reason. The service network. Have given my Mom's Desire S for repair since 3 weeks & the HTC guys told me that the motherboard will have to be replaced, but is not it stock. Till now, they haven't been able to give me a fixed date on when i'll get the phone back. That's putting me off & am tilting myself towards Samsung. I don't want to buy something & regret later. Also ICS will eventually make it to the Note sooner or later. Giving myself 2 weeks max, will get one soon. Also, will be retaining the Blackberry 9780 as i have a lot of clients on BBM.

Am a total noob, but what mods could i do without affecting the warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks