Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:35   #7216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh
Has anybody here faced issues while connecting your samsung phone to Kies? I am trying to connect my S2 to Kies but its fails to connect. It connected once but after that, it disconnects and does not connect again. Windows keeps detecting the device and again looses connection to the device. Is there any solution to this? For the brief moment that the phone was connected, i was prompted to upgrade the device firmware but could not complete the process.
Ditto with me.While you were typing this,i was facing exactly the same issue.I could not upgrade the firmware.It said that something has gone wrong and upgrade has stopped.Will try again later.
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:59   #7217
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Considering that 2 of my android devices, tablet and smartphone, face a similar issue with varying seriousness, I can confidently say that the problem is with the device and not the laptop or its USB port.
Not getting the logic here, if two of the devices face the issue, it can be something else also right? If only one device face the issue, then in it can be device specific.. :/

Going back to my train power socket experience, I had also used a lenovo and an HP laptop in the same train, all had this erratic touchpad issue with varying seriousness.
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:15   #7218
BHPian

Guys which is best android phone in the 15 - 20 k range?
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:32   #7219
BHPian

Re: LG-P500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
This exact thing used to happen to my o1 when I used a faulty after market charger. The fault is in the charger my friend.
Quote:
i9000 with vendor supplied charger here. Mine doesn't quite misbehave as much, although the screen does not recognise touch as good as it does when it isn't charging.

My iberry BT10 tablet behaves exactly like your LG does when it is being charged, almost uncontrollable if you ask me. I'm starting to think that this problem is limited to android devices.
All along, i have been using the same original charger which came with the phone. I am facing this issue, here in US. In India there was no issues with the same charger.
Old 3rd January 2012, 23:44   #7220
BHPian

Guys, I have ordered Samsung galaxy R from sulekha on 1st jan and I am expecting its delivery within the next couple of days. Now I want to know whether there is any way in android/samsung phones to check if the phone is brand new and not a used one, other than checking the seal. Like in symbian there are centain numbers one can press to check its usage and other details, eg *#0000# displays system info.

I am new to android and this will be my first handset based on android, also I am not so sure about the quality of products delivered by sulekha. Wanted to order from flipkart but sulekha was providing the handset for 2k less. So, android gurus please let me know is there any other way to check the authenticity of the phone.
Old 4th January 2012, 00:15   #7221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23
Guys, I have ordered Samsung galaxy R from sulekha on 1st jan and I am expecting its delivery within the next couple of days. Now I want to know whether there is any way in android/samsung phones to check if the phone is brand new and not a used one, other than checking the seal. Like in symbian there are centain numbers one can press to check its usage and other details, eg *#0000# displays system info.

I am new to android and this will be my first handset based on android, also I am not so sure about the quality of products delivered by sulekha. Wanted to order from flipkart but sulekha was providing the handset for 2k less. So, android gurus please let me know is there any other way to check the authenticity of the phone.
*#*#info#*#*

But a factory reset wipes most information, so there's no way to tell really.
Old 4th January 2012, 00:51   #7222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
LG Optimus 2X or samsung Galaxy R !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23 View Post
1)I want to know whether there is any way in android/samsung phones to check if the phone is brand new and not a used one

2) check the authenticity of the phone.
Settings-->About Phone-->Status-->Uptime
shows the hours used on the phone!!

authenticity can be checked by IMEI number and details given on the label behind battery.
can be done online or at samsung service centre!
Old 4th January 2012, 02:52   #7223
BHPian

Thanks for your replies, athani and ariendj

As mentioned by athani, will a factory reset erase the uptime too? Otherwise it wont be possible to check whether it is used or not.

The thing that I fear is that vendors like sulekha/flipkart etc may be again sending handsets{after repairing/refurbishing} which were returned back by customers due to defects. Is that possible? Also returned handsets will have broken seals in the package, is it possible to attach fresh manufacturer's seal again in the box. It is the first time that I have ordered something costly over internet, so I am being a little more skeptical
Old 4th January 2012, 05:04   #7224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23 View Post
Thanks for your replies, athani and ariendj

As mentioned by athani, will a factory reset erase the uptime too? Otherwise it wont be possible to check whether it is used or not.

The thing that I fear is that vendors like sulekha/flipkart etc may be again sending handsets{after repairing/refurbishing} which were returned back by customers due to defects. Is that possible? Also returned handsets will have broken seals in the package, is it possible to attach fresh manufacturer's seal again in the box. It is the first time that I have ordered something costly over internet, so I am being a little more skeptical
Actually, uptime is the time since you last switched on your device. Its not a total usage counter anyway. It will only show a minute or 2 when you check after turning it on.

Look at it this way - you can return the handset too! Note down the IMEI to be sure that they don't send you the same piece again. Flipkart has a 30-day replacement scheme, no idea about Sulekha though.

Don't worry, it'll work out fine.
Old 4th January 2012, 06:36   #7225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax

Not getting the logic here, if two of the devices face the issue, it can be something else also right? If only one device face the issue, then in it can be device specific.. :/

Going back to my train power socket experience, I had also used a lenovo and an HP laptop in the same train, all had this erratic touchpad issue with varying seriousness.
I'm confused.

From the experiences of Jmaruru's (2 posts under), yours and mine it would be safe to conclude and say that this nothing to do with power stability. We can also say that Android is not the trouble maker here because of your notebook experience.

I'm tempted to say that this is a manufacturing defect.
Old 4th January 2012, 08:29   #7226

Although i didn't get any response to my request for help, i did go ahead and read things through and when i was sure i was doing the right thing, i flashed a Frankestien 2.3.6 onto my phone.

How wrong i was! My phone is now on 2.3.6 however i have lost my IMEI and baseband version. I am yet to root the phone.

Any help is appreciated guys and is definitely needed now!
Old 4th January 2012, 09:15   #7227
BHPian

My GT-i9000's battery died and I'm after a new one. Would any of you know the cost of it ?

I bought one off E-bay for Rs. 530. Won't make that mistake again. The good folks at the Samsung service centre quoted Rs. 800 and I should have it by tomorrow.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:21   #7228
BHPian

Nexus One users, Anyone rooted to ICS port?
Old 4th January 2012, 11:38   #7229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
I would suggest Optimus 2X for the hardware spec. Dual core and 8MP cam. Its selling around 20K. Also, supposed to get ICS update.
Galaxy R is the closest in hardware spec selling around 19.5K. Dual core and 5MP cam.
Any of the above will satisfy the enthusiast in you.

To be frank, I am not with the "flat" look of both these. For those curvy designs, SE still leads When I was running around finding my android I shortlisted Galaxy R and SE Xperia Neo. For me the looks, cam and notification LED (a must for me) was the deal breaker and gifted myself a Xperia Neo for 17K. Its a 1GHz single core and 8MP.

No where near the above ones in hardware spec, but if you're looking at a rugged built have a look at Defy Plus. Its selling around 17K
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 11:46   #7230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm confused.

From the experiences of Jmaruru's (2 posts under), yours and mine it would be safe to conclude and say that this nothing to do with power stability. We can also say that Android is not the trouble maker here because of your notebook experience.
I'm tempted to say that this is a manufacturing defect.
The notebook issues in the train were 100% due to the power source. I think it was a bad square wave or a sine wave with unwanted harmonics; or even a neutral voltage. 3 different laptops from 3 makers had shown the issue. These laptops behaved without any issues while connected to a socket at home or office. In one case, Lenovo's adapter heated up while plugged in on the train and faced a thermal cut off.

If I had two phones and both of them showed similar issues while connected to a socket / USB for charging, I'd first check for problems in the power source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My LG O1 - P500 does some weird things when kept for charging. It just stops responding to our inputs, and also the screen acts as if it has a mind of its own like pressing itself, which i can only watch. This stops once, the phone is off the charge.
I am on Android 2.3.3 and Software Version LG-P500-V20C.
Please advice.
Does the issue happen when you plug it in for charging elsewhere? (Another house not near your area, office)
If it happens everywhere, it could be your charger.

If it only happens in your home area, then there is something wrong with the power. (Assuming you are in the US, this is unlikely)

Last edited by clevermax : 4th January 2012 at 12:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks