Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 04:35   #691
Senior - BHPian

I tried to compare Xperia X10 and iPhone 3GS a while back, if someone wants to check it out too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2066881
Old 18th November 2010, 07:56   #692
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone looked at Samsung Continuum?

Samsung Continuum? Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile
Old 18th November 2010, 10:07   #693
Senior - BHPian

Feeling great..... i have updated my Xperia X10i to the latest version 2.1-update1
this looks really nice and cool..
Old 18th November 2010, 19:13   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I too ordered the galaxy 3 after much deliberation, from futurebazaar yesterday, moments before i read the post here by GHPK. :(

Just enquired through their customer care and asked specifically if the item is in stock. He said yes, and it will reach me within 7 working days.

BTW in the website, the Belkin charger status is "shipped" and Mobile status is "In progress".
Did you got the phone OR a refund ?

I just enquired on live chat about status and they say 15 days,
its already 8th day today, now 15 more days, thats plain B**S***

I even asked are you guys seriously looking for second handsets which you want to ship to battleground customers ?

I've requested their sales supervisor to contact me asap with confirmation of refund, ofcourse i am not expecting money for that belkin charger, deduct its cost sent to me in printed invoice, else I am not only doing a charge-back, also pressing charges for mental harassment on their entire sales team.

Had it been so transparent they should have written SOLD OUT, instead of ripping money from people and then giving Tareekh pe Tareekh
Old 18th November 2010, 20:02   #695
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

My belkin charger has the status shipped with AWB number mentioned. The phone status is now changed to "ready to ship". I still have 4 days to go before the promised delivery, so don't have much option but to wait till Monday.

P.S. What's "charge back"?

Last edited by DCEite : 18th November 2010 at 20:03.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:05   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I just enquired on live chat about status and they say 15 days, its already 8th day today, now 15 more days, thats plain B**S***
Ok looks like I'm in worse situation. He couldn't clearly say if it is in stock. He said a canned answer we'll send you an SMS when it is shipped. But the actual 'when' is vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I've requested their sales supervisor to contact me asap with confirmation of refund, ofcourse i am not expecting money for that belkin charger, deduct its cost sent to me in printed invoice
If that happens to all of us, they managed to sell an useless charger to all of us which probably none wanted! Never been conned like this.

The battle is not over yet. Maybe we can make enough noise to warn their potential LCD customers. Should we create a thread exclusively for this?
Old 18th November 2010, 22:43   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

P.S. What's "charge back"?
when you dispute the charges that has been made on your card, the bank withdraws the money from the sellers account and puts it back in your card. however, both the seller and the card will be blacklisted against each other. This is known as a charge back.
Old 18th November 2010, 23:51   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

@ghpk: start off a thread here itself buddy, mods can move the related posts there. Plus we can share the link over facebook, twitter (like you had planned), additionally you can post the link on their facebook page too!

It would do them much more harm than a legal battle. Might even make them sit up and deliver the phone to you soon enough!

All the best mate!
Old 19th November 2010, 12:56   #699
BHPian

Yesterday I bought Motorola Quench XT3(Android 2.1) @ Rs.12400/- with Adidas Jacket and PVR Cinema tickets free(both things yet to receive after few days). I also got a small bag from Motorola.
I feel the phone is fantastic value for money with solid build quality.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:33   #700
Senior - BHPian

^^^Congrats! Did yours come with 2.1 preinstalled too? Do let us know of your experiences, esp. battery life, touch screen response, cam quality, etc.

How come you didn't get the jacket and tickets along with the phone? Is it like they send courier it later??
Old 19th November 2010, 15:48   #701
BHPian

Thanks Raccoon, well today is my first day with this mobile and the experiences are superb up till now. Touch screen response is quite satisfactory comparable to some high end phones.
But I felt battery is small as it comes some 1200mAm or whatsoever, I started Wi-fi and downloaded some twelve to fifteen applications and battery is almost half marked right now, as it was fully charged today morning. But overall nothing to complain about.
Old 19th November 2010, 16:17   #702
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes, it has a 1270 mAh battery. But you can't directly co-relate battery capacity to actual battery life that you get on a particular handset as there are too other variables involved. So what you get in real is what ultimately matters. Anyway, you can make a more accurate comment about battery life only after it has been cycled 3 - 4 times. So looking forward to your comments about battery after that.
Old 19th November 2010, 17:29   #703
Senior - BHPian

People planning to have applications (mostly games) installed on their Androids may have to think on which model they choose.
Angry Birds game is not officially supported on close to 20 Android phones due to varying specifications in hardware.
Buying high end ones with newer OS versions might be alright.
Old 19th November 2010, 21:06   #704
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Thanks Raccoon, well today is my first day with this mobile and the experiences are superb up till now. Touch screen response is quite satisfactory comparable to some high end phones.
But I felt battery is small as it comes some 1200mAm or whatsoever, I started Wi-fi and downloaded some twelve to fifteen applications and battery is almost half marked right now, as it was fully charged today morning. But overall nothing to complain about.
Check your Auto-Sync option. If that's on, it drastically reduces battery life. Also you may want to bump down the brightness levels. I find that battery drains faster with gprs than wifi in my xperia mini pro!
Old 20th November 2010, 11:27   #705
BHPian

Thanks MX6 for suggesting Auto sync option, I have disabled this feature but some applications need that sync.
Though I think battery is the weakest point for this phone as yesterday I charged it twice and it was in red position early morning, it took almost one and half hour or more to charge fully. And at 11 AM it shows only 70% of it with use of Wi-fi for 15min only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks