Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 19:16   #4891
BANNED

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Thanks h@r$h@l.
My use is general. I need to do a little browsing. I need my e-mail and phone calls the most. I'm leaning to HTC but there are too many models with small differences in price and features. Confused between the Sensation, Desire HD, Incredible S, Desire S. Did not like the SGS2 back panel. Preferred the LG Optimus 2X and Nexus S to it (looks wise).
Old 18th July 2011, 19:32   #4892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
On my SGS2, to charge to 100% from 10-15% charge remaining, the phone is taking 3.5 to 4 hours. Is this common with all SGS2 phone? I'm generally charging only when the charge falls below 15%.
3+ hours seem to be the norm for my SGS2 as well.

Running 3G all day, i get max 11 to 12 hrs of usage. [2hrs of calls, 9hrs (1030-1930) auto sync for 3 mail accounts, 10-15 SMS, 15mts of browsing, and the occasional 5mts of video call.]

Changing to EDGE easily gives 16-18hrs.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 19:36   #4893

I am planning to purchase an SGS2, so, if SGS2 users could help me with a few queries:

1. How is the GPS Receiver, any problems regarding lock-in and what offline apps are available for navigation?
2. I have read about the phone overheating after an hour or so of usage of GPS, videos etc any first hand experience regarding the same?

Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 19:37   #4894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Thanks h@r$h@l.
My use is general. I need to do a little browsing. I need my e-mail and phone calls the most. I'm leaning to HTC but there are too many models with small differences in price and features. Confused between the Sensation, Desire HD, Incredible S, Desire S. Did not like the SGS2 back panel. Preferred the LG Optimus 2X and Nexus S to it (looks wise).
If u looking at basic browsing and calls and emails I would recon going for Nexus S. It has everything that you would need + a lot more. There are a few Nexus S users here on tbhp and you may contact them and get their feedback on the same. You can grab a Nexus S on letsbuy for about 18900/-
Old 18th July 2011, 19:43   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
If u looking at basic browsing and calls and emails I would recon going for Nexus S. It has everything that you would need + a lot more. There are a few Nexus S users here on tbhp and you may contact them and get their feedback on the same. You can grab a Nexus S on letsbuy for about 18900/-
If you get the 10% voucher, the price drops to just 18000/-
Old 18th July 2011, 19:49   #4896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did not like the SGS2 back panel
That would be my last reason after all logically listed reasons to reject a S2. The back cover should never be the deal breaker.

Just my impression. If you had played the old NFS 2 and you were driving all cars all day, all week and suddenly your friend gave you a cheat code when you unlocked the FZR 2000. Did you wear a big smirk on your face??? I personally did while driving the FZR 2000 on that old CRT monitor. Became a sensation in a weeks time and all were hooked on it.

The speed of S2 is simply comparable to that experience. I had a big smile/smirk that i still can wipe of while using this phone.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:56   #4897
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
That would be my last reason after all logically listed reasons to reject a S2. The back cover should never be the deal breaker.
That's not the reason I'm rejecting it. If the competition is evenly matched, then I'd reject the S2 based on the cover. Looks aside it seems to be neck and neck with the Sensation.
BTW my original choice was the Desire but it's not available on Flipkart.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:05   #4898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster
Here are some pics of the Samsung Galaxy S2 Vehicle Dock. I bought is from FlipKart (from the link given in this thread a few pages back). Spent 1689/- with COD and it was delivered today.

I am yet to fix it in the Car, but the initial impressions are as follows:

-Solid Build Quality of all components.
-Fits the SGS2 Very well.
-Works both in Landscape and Portrait mode (Good for GPS use)
-As soon as the SGS2 is docked, the "Driving Mode" is activated automatically.
-As can be seen below, the dock has the charging port and AUX port. Hence no hassles of connecting and disconnecting the cables.
1. does the dock fit easily if a case/skin is fixed on s2?

2. can those clasps damage edges of the phone?

3. how is the dock when car is on bad roads? vibrations?

Please reply
Old 18th July 2011, 22:05   #4899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
That's not the reason I'm rejecting it. If the competition is evenly matched, then I'd reject the S2 based on the cover. Looks aside it seems to be neck and neck with the Sensation.
you should check this video.

And this URL: HTC Sensation vs HTC Evo 3D - Comparisons - Know Your Mobile
Old 18th July 2011, 22:31   #4900
Senior - BHPian

@F150 - but when you compare our landing price - 19.5K to 29K, is their really any competition... (no clarifications please)
Old 18th July 2011, 22:34   #4901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
@F150 - but when you compare our landing price - 19.5K to 29K, is their really any competition... (no clarifications please)
dkaile ji,

I am not sure where the pricing point of view came in to the picture, I was only responding to livetojive's post where he said S2 and Sensation are neck to neck.
I couldnt find a video comparing S2 and Sensation, hence adopted the typical mathematical proof approach and have shown him that.

If S2 > Evo 3D and If Evo 3D > Sensation, then S2 > Sensation. ">" stands for "greater than" here.

Of your 110 posts, you have been thanked 50 times. Wow dkaile ji.

Last edited by F150 : 18th July 2011 at 22:43.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:38   #4902
Senior - BHPian

@F150 - oh, ok; just got confused by your posted link of S2 vs Evo3D; S2 is definitely a fine piece of hardware comparable to the best as on date, but when a 1/3 price difference comes in, the picture changes completely... btw - cdma S2 coming in next month and I will be trying that out too... Also there are many things a biased reviewer will never properly explain while deciphering the benchmark tests. Sense 3.0 is definitely heavier on the RAM and also there is the 3D hardware that eats up a bit of the benchmarking scores, but then Sense is any day preferred over the bland Sammy interface (where most people are forced to go in for customisations) and also lets not forget you get the added capability of 3D hardware (Watch a 3D movie or play a good 3d game and the added capabilities wow factor is definitely a plus). In the end I would say both are 2 of the world's best hardware as on date...

Last edited by dkaile : 18th July 2011 at 22:49.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:04   #4903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
1. does the dock fit easily if a case/skin is fixed on s2?

2. can those clasps damage edges of the phone?

3. how is the dock when car is on bad roads? vibrations?

Please reply
Hey Viju,

1. Nope the Skin/Case needs to be removed before its docked.
2. The Clasps are all hard Plastic and I dont think it will damage anything.
3. I have still to mount the dock in the car, will do it over the weekend and report back. I'm goin Green, I don't drive to work everyday

Hope this helps.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:17   #4904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. How is the GPS Receiver, any problems regarding lock-in and what offline apps are available for navigation?
2. I have read about the phone overheating after an hour or so of usage of GPS, videos etc any first hand experience regarding the same?
- one of the fastest to lock your location. Even without gps enabled the phone locks location using the towers much faster than the previous generation.
- Phone over heats on prolonged usage. The back cover is a simple plastic. I have a case mate case. After having this case i did not feel any heat problem.
- Any phone with Super Amoled screen will heat up while its being used. SGS2 does over heat. BUt i have not had instance of getting burned like some reported.

There are no navigation application available in market. By rooting and adding your own ROM one can get navigation feature.
Old 19th July 2011, 09:22   #4905
Senior - BHPian

^
There is no need for either rooting or a custom rom to get the navigation feature. Links to softwares have been given by me before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks