Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 23:22   #4546
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
18.5k It was launched at that price. Its selling for a lot lower now. 15.7k is at the univercell store or their online price ? Have you considered Desire and Spice Mi 410 as well ?
i'll try Sangeetha in Maleswaram tommorow and see if they have either the Defy or Desire. Failing this, i'll prolly have to go back to the Axis PDA shop or Croma here on BEL road and get the Defy.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:50   #4547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile

Mine is on the way from US. We are a closed user group who will be using it on Reliance CDMA. 2 Phones of my friends (Nasik and Delhi) reached today and activated on Reliance. They will be loading photos shortly after they get time away from watching Green Hornet in 3D on its awesome screen... lolz .. will be posting here soon...
Congrats! A new trend begins in smartphones- that 3D. Eagerly waiting for more information and reviews from you, specially on how effective the display is. I guess it also allows 3D video recording?
Old 5th July 2011, 23:54   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I'm trying to configure Yahoo emails in the email application provided in Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGS2). After providing the Yahoo.com user id and the password and clicking Next, it processes and says that the user id and/or password is wrong. Infact, I'm able to access yahoo mails in the laptop with the same id and password. Am I doing any thing wrong. Is there any other way to configure yahoo emails? Please advice. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Even i face the same issue on my P500. For some reason, it is not going through. Has anyone here got success with the email app on P500? Please advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Yahoo Mail is not supported on the Froyo native email app. You have to either use Yahoo mail app (get it from the market) or another Email client like K9 Mail.
This is how I did it on my Spica and Nexus S:

In the stock e-mail client:

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Type in your e-mail Id and Pwd and voila !!

Nice and Easy.

Regards;
-Rohit
mrohit17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 00:01   #4549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats! A new trend begins in smartphones- that 3D. Eagerly waiting for more information and reviews from you, specially on how effective the display is. I guess it also allows 3D video recording?
Well Gameloft already has a line up of 3D games in place. 3D is the next in thing. Just see the 3D functionality in Map app. Super cool.
Old 6th July 2011, 00:16   #4550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
well the phone is connected to the laptop in between. I haven't measured exact battery life so far.

Got mine in Jayanagar 9th block.
If you are serious about the purchase, PM your no to me.
I'll talk to that guy.
Your PM is disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
i'll try Sangeetha in Maleswaram tommorow and see if they have either the Defy or Desire. Failing this, i'll prolly have to go back to the Axis PDA shop or Croma here on BEL road and get the Defy.
I think Spice is the only store that is selling Desire for a low price. In all other places its pretty steep at around 20k. Am not sure why though. If both are in the same price range then you can consider Desire as well along with Defy.
Old 6th July 2011, 00:20   #4551

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
Its not easy for the "general" public to get it's MEID registered on reliance. You need special sources and programming skills...
yeah that's what i was asking about, are you working with reliance? i want it badly.....
Old 6th July 2011, 00:28   #4552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Your PM is disabled

I think Spice is the only store that is selling Desire for a low price. In all other places its pretty steep at around 20k. Am not sure why though. If both are in the same price range then you can consider Desire as well along with Defy.
Thats what doesnt make any sense. Yeah im really considering the Desire now as well. I know Sangeetha is selling the Desire S at 22k though.
Old 6th July 2011, 01:25   #4553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
This is how I did it on my Spica and Nexus S:

In the stock e-mail client:

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Type in your e-mail Id and Pwd and voila !!

Nice and Easy.

Regards;
-Rohit
Wow! This works! Thanks a ton!
Old 6th July 2011, 08:34   #4554
BHPian

Hi guys,
I have a i9003 Galaxy SL on stock KB2 firmware. I have rooted my phone. Now it is expected that the official Gingerbread update for this phone will release in a couple of days. If i want to update via KIES, do i have to unroot the phone and then update ? Will it cause any issues if i update without rooting ?
Old 6th July 2011, 09:05   #4555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yes, It has dual cameras with Dual Flash on the back to shoot photos and videos both in 3D; It also has a Front facing camera for actual working Video Conferencing by Qik;
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijeeshvs View Post
yeah that's what i was asking about, are you working with reliance? i want it badly.....
I'm not working with Reliance. We are a enthusiast group who like to take on such challenges. PM me for details as to how to go about it. Programming part will be difficult for you. Best would be to contact some one who can get it done for you on a nominal charge. I can just show you the path, rest you have to decide.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:32   #4556
Senior - BHPian

@bijeeshvs; Take a look at rimweb.in (a forum dedicated to Reliance) and you will learn about MEID registration and the lot. I see you are neither accepting PMs nor e-mails hence I am posting here. dkaile is a Reliance CDMA guru and we all respect his opinions.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:03   #4557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Its not easy for the "general" public to get it's MEID registered on reliance. You need special sources and programming skills...
There are shops who get MEID ESN register done on Tata and Reliance, charges 1000-1500/- for handsets migrating from verizon, sprint, pageplus etc.

Last edited by xotiq : 6th July 2011 at 10:04.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:05   #4558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Best would be to contact some one who can get it done for you on a nominal charge. I can just show you the path
Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
There are shops who get MEID ESN register done on Tata and Reliance, charges 1000-1500/- for handsets migrating from verizon, sprint, pageplus etc.
Isn't that what I just mentioned? But I have hardly seen any shops doing that. Be free to share their addresses with us for benefit of all.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:10   #4559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
PM your no to me.
I'll talk to that guy.
I am not able to reply to your PM either. Its disabled.
Old 6th July 2011, 10:25   #4560
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't that what I just mentioned? But I have hardly seen any shops doing that. Be free to share their addresses with us for benefit of all.
I would not endorse any of them on a forum. You just need to talk to the right people in mobile retail/repair, i am sure they can give you contacts in lajpat nagar in delhi, or near national market in bangalore.

If someone has the patience to understand the whole migration process, please refer to this whitepaper-
http://www.cdg.org/resources/white_p..._Nov07.pdf.pdf

And for a screenshot of some the changes required-
http://cdmatool.com/Screenshot.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks