Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 06:49   #4186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Goose - fresh for u

"@ibproud: RT @BriefMobile: Exclusive: #Atrix #4G Bootloader Unlocked with #Android 2.3 Update http://goo.gl/sNtLo"
Is this speculation or true. I bought an Atrix a month back and absolutely digging it. Custom ROMs will make this a super mobile.

just checked back on XDA. Awesome news for Moto. Thanks Moto for listening to us.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd June 2011 at 11:56. Reason: Merging back-toback posts. Please use Edit function if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 23rd June 2011, 07:40   #4187
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
That issue was sorted out before Jan 11 deliveries (i.e for pieces manufactured in dec or later, its not a problem). My 11 May delivered piece had a 'April 2011' manufacturing batch/date on it. You cannot get a newer piece in the market!!
I was planning to go to Croma in a day or two to have a feel of the handset. Another noob query, say the phone comes with 2.1 version android, can we upgrade to 2.3 straight away ? And if for some reason we want to downgrade to 2.1 / 2.2, would that be possible ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 07:43   #4188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I was planning to go to Croma in a day or two to have a feel of the handset. Another noob query, say the phone comes with 2.1 version android, can we upgrade to 2.3 straight away ? And if for some reason we want to downgrade to 2.1 / 2.2, would that be possible ?
There are lot of custom roms for Moto defy. You can flash any rom you want on the phone.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:27   #4189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Is that your first android / smart phone ? How does the phone feel ?
How much did you pay for it ? It seems the Defy was sold for 13.8k last week but this week prices have gone up again, with discount coupons the price comes to 14.6k. Any idea how letsbuy deals with warranty related requests ?
Yes, it is my first smart phone, and I find it awesome. I bought it for 16.2 K, but the price dropped to 13.8 K a week later.

The bill given by letsbuy has the IMEI number on it, and hence will be held valid in case of any claims. It is just like buying it from a store.
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:38   #4190
TOR
BHPian

The Defy is now one of the best VFM android buys out there.

The only problem is the insanely high SAR values when compared to the competition.
TOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:25   #4191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilSorot View Post
Hey Prashanth, can you please tell me some good stores around Bangalore to check out the phones. I am new to the city so could use with a bit of help.
univercell has a website, see which store is close to you, give a call and see the phones. Same holds good for Sangeeta mobiles as well
s.prashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:13   #4192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilSorot View Post
Hey Prashanth, can you please tell me some good stores around Bangalore to check out the phones. I am new to the city so could use with a bit of help.
If you live anywhere near Bellandur/Sarjapur Road then you can go to the newly opened Central on the Outer Ring Road (its close to the Outer Ring Road - Sarjapur Road junction). They have some of the high-end tounchscreen devices that you can play with.

Otherwise you can also visit any Croma nearby. The one on Outer Ring Road (near Marathalli) has some of these (and even an Iphone 4).

I played with the Iphone 4 and didnt like it much! It just felt too small! Sometime back I had tried the Galaxy SL (9003) at Central and liked it much more! Even the S-LCD screen looked superb! only deal breaker for that phone was lack of decent camera (that is one of my priorities for my present upgrade from HTC Touch Diamod).
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:33   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
univercell has a website, see which store is close to you, give a call and see the phones. Same holds good for Sangeeta mobiles as well
Thanks Prashanth, I will check them out for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
If you live anywhere near Bellandur/Sarjapur Road then you can go to the newly opened Central on the Outer Ring Road (its close to the Outer Ring Road - Sarjapur Road junction). They have some of the high-end tounchscreen devices that you can play with.

Otherwise you can also visit any Croma nearby. The one on Outer Ring Road (near Marathalli) has some of these (and even an Iphone 4).

I played with the Iphone 4 and didnt like it much! It just felt too small! Sometime back I had tried the Galaxy SL (9003) at Central and liked it much more! Even the S-LCD screen looked superb! only deal breaker for that phone was lack of decent camera (that is one of my priorities for my present upgrade from HTC Touch Diamod).
I stay at Banaswadi, so I would check out the Marathalli Croma, might even go to Sarjapur, as I have a friend who stays close by and I can meet up with him. He has a good eye for electronics. So that would be an added advantage. I would definitely like to play with them and get a feel as I need to be absolutely sure which one I would like and which not. Camera also being a major playing factor in this and Android is the 1st choice. Regardless, I will pick a phone on Sunday and post it in this forum.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:35   #4194
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone explain how to use Galaxy s2 as a modem to connect to the net through the Laptop ?
I suppose one required Samsung PCStudio 3.1 to do the same ?

Any help on this.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:10   #4195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible
Can anyone explain how to use Galaxy s2 as a modem to connect to the net through the Laptop ?
I suppose one required Samsung PCStudio 3.1 to do the same ?

Any help on this.
Turn your mobile into wifi access point and connect your laptop thru wifi.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:34   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Goose - fresh for u

"@ibproud: RT @BriefMobile: Exclusive: #Atrix #4G Bootloader Unlocked with #Android 2.3 Update http://goo.gl/sNtLo"
Damn it.. but i'm a principled lad [Evil Grin]...
I doubt the Milestone Bootloader will be unlocked soon...
I'm not going to buy a Motorola again for a long time...
if the Milestone 3 has an unlocked bootloader then i might consider it..
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:58   #4197
BHPian

VFM deal !!

any one looking for an entry level VFM android, rush to letsbuy.

Samsung Pop , white edition , on sale for Rs.4750, brand new with b & w .

Normally sells for 7.5 to 8 K .

have No idea how they can sell it so cheap!

Last edited by w 12 : 23rd June 2011 at 21:04.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:31   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
any one looking for an entry level VFM android, rush to letsbuy.

Samsung Pop , white edition , on sale for Rs.4750, brand new with b & w .

Normally sells for 7.5 to 8 K .

have No idea how they can sell it so cheap!
www.letsbuy.com/samsung-galaxy-pop-s5570-p-18536

Last edited by patron : 23rd June 2011 at 21:59.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:37   #4199
BHPian

^^ Buy Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 (Chic White) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Use RCOMLB1 coupon code.

But I'm a newbie, so by the time this post gets approved, the deal would be over :P
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:45   #4200
Senior - BHPian

Received my HTC Sensation this evening! Thanks Letsbuy for the very prompt service.

Played with it till battery dropped to 4%. Now have hooked it up for overnnight charging.

First impressions:
1. Device is mind-blowingly beautiful! It is the katrina Kaif of the mobile phone world!
2. Its incredibly slim but at the same time feels very well built!
3. The screen is just awesome! qHD resolution makes it possible to read even the smallest of letters! The colors too are pretty good. I just cant even imagine how good the sAMOLED+ of S2 must be, given that it is percieved to be better looking than S-LCD.
4. It is fast! And I mean it. i was up an running in 5 mins, and the phone set up all the wifi and network settings (I have a gprs connection) in no time. Browing on wifi was pure bliss.
5. Ran about 15-16 applications one after another. No problems there.
6. Found an annoying issue! Sometimes the phone shuts down after taking a picture! But holding off for now as it may be because battery was at low levels.
7. The infamous death grip is NOT there on my phone! Tried to replicate that but wifi holded very well.

In all, very happy today!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks