Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 19:02   #27016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Step 1 Turn OFF your phone ..
I restarted the phone and the problem got solved. Hurray!! Thanks a lot.

Last edited by ampere : 12th February 2018 at 11:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 10th February 2018, 19:55   #27017
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, but how do you stop your searches done on the pc showing up on the phone?

And for the past few days, some contacts are showing up only as numbers when they call even though i have their numbers saved. What could be the problem?
Old 10th February 2018, 20:57   #27018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, but how do you stop your searches done on the pc showing up on the phone?

And for the past few days, some contacts are showing up only as numbers when they call even though i have their numbers saved. What could be the problem?

If you have logged in using the same google account on your phone and pc, the searches will show up. Log out from your Google account on your PC to stop the searches showing up on the phone.

May i know which phone you are using Sir?
Old 10th February 2018, 21:11   #27019
Senior - BHPian

LG v20.

I want the chrome bookmarks and all to sync with all my accounts [Home PC, Office PC and Phone]. Just don't want the searches to show up
Old 11th February 2018, 08:39   #27020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want the chrome bookmarks and all to sync with all my accounts [Home PC, Office PC and Phone]. Just don't want the searches to show up
See if turning of Search History in your Google account settings does what you want or not. But this will completely turn off history (D-uh) including on the device the search was done.

Another thing to try is to turn off Chrome sync on the Android side and use a different bookmarking system (Pocket is supposed to be good; but I don't like their idea of locally mirroring all the stuff I have bookmarked).
Old 11th February 2018, 15:31   #27021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Thank you for the heads up about LG Q6 - looks interesting.
I am using LG Q6 model from past 6 months. So far so good. I am a average mobile user and I am quite happy with this. FB, GMAIL, VoiceCall, WA etc all work smoothly. You can also look for Q6+.

Last edited by ampere : 12th February 2018 at 11:19. Reason: Content updated; trimmed quoted post
Old 11th February 2018, 16:09   #27022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You probably have multiple contacts with the same phone number possibly due to more than one contact lists being synced with your phone contacts. Check and delete duplicates and also check your contact sync settings.
Old 11th February 2018, 19:47   #27023
BHPian

Guys, I have been using the Moto X4 since last two months. Since this phone has turbo charging, I charge it using the given power adapter only at home since I have not been travelling out much. The phone has a 3000 mAh battery. The turbo charger is a 5V/3A or 9V/1.8A or 12V/1.2A unit.
Now I have a Mi 20000mAh power bank. Can the phone be charged using the powerbank without any harmful consequences to the battery?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11th February 2018, 21:39   #27024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, I have been using the Moto X4 since last two months.
There will be no problem. In fact if you have one of the newer Mi powerbanks, then those would charge it fast too.

Last edited by ampere : 12th February 2018 at 11:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 12th February 2018, 09:48   #27025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
You probably have multiple contacts with the same phone number possibly due to more than one contact lists being synced with your phone contacts. Check and delete duplicates and also check your contact sync settings.
Duplicates, not really. And the issue just started happening a few days ago, been using the phone for a year now.

Shall check the sync issues if any and update.
Old 12th February 2018, 11:00   #27026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I am using LG Q6 model from past 6 months. So far so good. I am a average mobile user and I am quite happy with this. FB, GMAIL, VoiceCall, WA etc all work smoothly. You can also look for Q6+.
Thank you. How is the LG UI? Is it something like Samsung bloatware UI or cleaner like MI/OnePlus?

I have decided to wait till Feb 14th to see the new offering from Mi before making the purchase.

--Anoop
Old 12th February 2018, 11:58   #27027
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Thank you. How is the LG UI? Is it something like Samsung bloatware UI or cleaner like MI/OnePlus?
If you are someone who like minimalistic Android alterations, then don’t go for LG. I have used three LG, their take is not a good one. I like Moto and One Plus one versions better. Mi too has bloatware and unnecessary stuff. But Mi is far better than LG in terms of call clarity , reception and value for money.
Old 12th February 2018, 12:08   #27028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
If you are someone who like minimalistic Android alterations, then don’t go for LG. I have used three LG, their take is not a good one. I like Moto and One Plus one versions better. Mi too has bloatware and unnecessary stuff. But Mi is far better than LG in terms of call clarity , reception and value for money.
Thank you. Yes, I value clean UI a lot and like the One Plus UI and the Mi UI with a Nova skin. Mi have lot of nifty inbuilt hacks and with some customization I have found it very much livable with. So, my preference will be something like the Moto\OnePlus\Mi in terms of UI.

--Anoop
Old 12th February 2018, 17:28   #27029
Distinguished - BHPian

Lenovo Tab 4 plus 8

It's a buggy thing. Two major problems:

1. Headphone/speaker activation/deactivation does not work properly.

2. Really bad: it corrupts its own SDcard on bootup!

So, if anyone is attracted to this rather nice-looking, decent-spec tab, think twice!

It has 64 Gb of internal storage, so the need for any sdcard is moot anyway (but my wife likes to keep a lot of rubbish! Hey, one person's rubbish is another's valued data ) and it seems that this one is fixed.

Searching the net gave me the solution from the Lenovo support forum. First, a hidden-menu (how on earth do people even discover these things!) config change, and second, Lenovo seem to have fixed it in a system update.

I had to apply three or four system updates! Tedious.

The headphone/speaker switching can be reset with a reboot. Which, as it no longer corrupts the sdcard, my wife seems to be living with.

As birthday presents go... well, she loves it. But she could certainly have loved it more!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 12th February 2018 at 17:40.
Old 13th February 2018, 14:00   #27030
Senior - BHPian

Got the S8 version of the Oreo OS. The download was 1.44GB. I did a manual download and did not wait for the automatic download. OS looks smooth, but it will take some time to tell, if there are any bugs/gremlins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks