Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2017, 19:51   #25306
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I don't know as to why they try to ape iOS platform and can't design something on their own?
Old 27th January 2017, 20:26   #25307
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a Mi5 from Flipkart @18k + 10% additional cashback + 10x reward points.

It was a May 2016 model running Mi UI7. However, MiUI8 download has failed couple of times saying 'could not verify the source of the update'. Any ideas? Phone is working fine and is stunning!
Old 27th January 2017, 20:29   #25308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
My S7 has suddenly seen a huge dip in the battery life. How's the latest update in terms of battery life on the latest update? Running the UK Nougat edition and wondering if it's worth switching to the India Nougat update.
I updated last night. I usually have about 30% battery left by this time every evening.
Today I have about 45%.
Too early to say with conviction.
Old 27th January 2017, 21:21   #25309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
.. size equivalent (4 inch) of Iphone SE.

Needs:
1. Size should be small ( I love the SE but too expensive and single sim)
2. Dual sim
3. Jio should work
Asus had launched zenphone GO 4.5 LTE in December, with Android Marshmallow. Not sure abt dual sim.
Old 28th January 2017, 09:49   #25310
Senior - BHPian

S7 Edge Nougat Update -

Standby time has improved drastically. All Notifications including Whatsapp etc. are now visible on 'Always On Display' unlike only phone and message notifications earlier. Phone is distinctly faster and smoother. Memory usage is lower and Free space has increased. Interface is cleaner.

Overall a much appreciated upgrade.

Cheers...
Old 28th January 2017, 10:27   #25311
Senior - BHPian

After being stuck at Android security patch dated december 2015, my moto x force finally got itself updated to the September 2016 patch.

Was actually surprised to see an update
Old 28th January 2017, 15:53   #25312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
An update with pictures of the redmi note 4. Got to say the quality of the phone is top notch. I haven't managed to use it too much yesterday.

One thing is out of the 3GB RAM 1.5 to 1.8GB RAM is always used up. Also out of the 32GB ROM 10GB is already used up but I am sure you can delete a few apps and free up the space.
Congratulations. I can see the speakers have been moved to a much nicer location. Why didn't you take the 4GB RAM / 64 GB ROM version?

Please give us your unbiased feedback esp on my key gripes. I personally think most phone reviewers on the net are outright fraud because they gloss over the real issues:
a. Horrible speaker output. You cannot take conference calls on this phone's speaker.
b. VGA level camera with pathetic quality of image while zooming in. Just about okay for facebook on phone.
c. Noticeable lag on MIUI8 (Android 6) while unlocking esp after rebooting (like an initial bootup on a slow windows computer!).

My otherwise happy experiences were documented here:
http://freerider.in/blog/three-month...-redmi-note-3/

Would be good to know your previous phone (an iPhone??) and your current take on the RN4, as well as how my above two gripes have been addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't know as to why they try to ape iOS platform and can't design something on their own?
Who?

Last edited by phamilyman : 28th January 2017 at 15:54.
Old 28th January 2017, 20:59   #25313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Who?
Android.

BTW, the update is a happy one, unlike the iOS 10 & later updates which has made the 5S and 6S slow/laggy.

Battery has improved for sure and phone is more snappy/feels optimum. Notifictaions etc are all nice, save for missed calls don't appear on your home screen or on the phone/call icon.
Old 28th January 2017, 23:29   #25314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. I can see the speakers have been moved to a much nicer location. Why didn't you take the 4GB RAM / 64 GB ROM version?

Please give us your unbiased feedback esp on my key gripes. I personally think most phone reviewers on the net are outright fraud because they gloss over the real issues:
a. Horrible speaker output. You cannot take conference calls on this phone's speaker.
b. VGA level camera with pathetic quality of image while zooming in. Just about okay for facebook on phone.
c. Noticeable lag on MIUI8 (Android 6) while unlocking esp after rebooting (like an initial bootup on a slow windows computer!).

My otherwise happy experiences were documented here:
http://freerider.in/blog/three-month...-redmi-note-3/

Who?
I usually like to go for the top most variant but in this case the phone would be my secondary phone so I did not need all that space although the miui interface is quite heavy on apps and at present I have 18 gigs left on the phone. I have 4 to 5 apps installed by me.

Please give me sometime till I spend some more time with the phone. I will put up a detailed review of the phone.

Initial thoughts: the phone is so well built. For a 9999 price the phone is exceptionally well built. And the battery; to give you an insight, I got the phone on 24 Jan and i full charged it on 25th (morning). With moderate usage I still have 10℅ charge left on 28th EOD.

P.S. iPhone 6 is my primary phone as there is no comparison of the camera. ��

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th January 2017 at 09:46. Reason: Words repeated consecutively, probably a typo. Excluded it
Old 28th January 2017, 23:41   #25315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Android.

BTW, the update is a happy one, unlike the iOS 10 & later updates which has made the 5S and 6S slow/laggy.

Battery has improved for sure and phone is more snappy/feels optimum. Notifictaions etc are all nice, save for missed calls don't appear on your home screen or on the phone/call icon.
Interesting. I/wife have recently used iphone 6 (for 15 days) and 6s (her phone for 2 months now) and the iOS update didn't have ANY impact. On the other hand, my MIUI8.1 (Android 6) update has noticeably hit the responsiveness of my Redmi Note 3 with a so-called mid-tier flagship processor.

Quote:
Please give me sometime till I spend some more time with the phone. I will put up a detailed review of the phone.
Sure sir - waiting!
Old 29th January 2017, 04:21   #25316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sure sir - waiting!
And thou shall not wait for long. I have made a video review of the phone. Will attach the link in the morning.
Old 29th January 2017, 08:41   #25317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. I/wife have recently used iphone 6 (for 15 days) and 6s (her phone for 2 months now) and the iOS update didn't have ANY impact. On the other hand, my MIUI8.1 (Android 6) update has noticeably hit the responsiveness of my Redmi Note 3 with a so-called mid-tier flagship processor.

Sure sir - waiting!

There you go guys. This is the link to my video review of the redmi note 4. I did this for the first time so pardon me if I made a fool of myself

Do let me know!
Old 29th January 2017, 10:29   #25318
Senior - BHPian

I got my Redmi Note 4 yesterday, after an agonising 6 days wait in Bangalore. While people who had ordered from Flipkart were able to get their phones within 28 hours, for many of us who ordered from the MI website, it took unbelievably long.

First look. The phone looks much more premium than its cost. Screen colours and contrasts are good, decent camera. I got the 4 GB RAM, 64GB ROM version in Gold colour. So it is as snappy as it can get.

Oh and the battery life is awesome. Almost 24 hours and it is still showing 48% battery. In between I had at least 5 hours of screentime as I was updating and transferring files.

Only two downsides that I can see. The back of the phone feels slippery because of the metal surface, and am not so confident holding it. My earlier OP1 had a matt back and felt nice to grip.Ill need to buy a back cover for the RN4. Second issue is the phone does not support quick charge. A full charge from 0 to 10 takes anywhere close to 2.5 hours it seems. This is another dampner IMHO.
But all in all, it is VFM and looks like this phone is another winner from MI's stable.

Last edited by hrman : 29th January 2017 at 10:30.
Old 29th January 2017, 19:47   #25319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I got my Redmi Note 4 yesterday, after an agonising 6 days wait in Bangalore. While people who had ordered from Flipkart were able to get their phones within 28 hours, for many of us who ordered from the MI website, it took unbelievably long.
Only two downsides that I can see. The back of the phone feels slippery because of the metal surface, and am not so confident holding it. My earlier OP1 had a matt back and felt nice to grip.Ill need to buy a back cover for the RN4. Second issue is the phone does not support quick charge. A full charge from 0 to 10 takes anywhere close to 2.5 hours it seems. This is another dampner IMHO.
But all in all, it is VFM and looks like this phone is another winner from MI's stable.

Yes I miss fast charging as well but then again this is a budget phone so I am okay to not have it. In fact USB charging on my laptop is pretty fast. Does the job.
Regarding the slippery back I bought a cover from the mi website. It's nice and gives descent grip.
Old 29th January 2017, 22:41   #25320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There you go guys. This is the link to my video review of the redmi note 4. I did this for the first time so pardon me if I made a fool of myself

Do let me know!
Nicely done. But you didn't say anything on the rear camera or the speaker phone quality (esp calls - not music, where it is acceptable).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks