Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2016, 18:24   #23911
BHPian

Hi all,

I got my G4 Plus. First impressions are really positive. The icing on the cake is that I got one from the older lot of devices, which means it shipped with the TurboPower 25 charger with the undetachable cable (not USB). I will be sharing a review very soon!

Neel
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:00   #23912
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
If you have restored your SMSs, uninstall "Easy Backup and Restore". Then your default SMS app will change to system SMS app. Simple.
First thing I tried ! Since it didnt work, I am asking here. The SMSes are not to be seen anywhere ..
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:12   #23913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi all,

I got my G4 Plus. First impressions are really positive. The icing on the cake is that I got one from the older lot of devices, which means it shipped with the TurboPower 25 charger with the undetachable cable (not USB). I will be sharing a review very soon!

Neel
Congrats!

I had a couple of questions,

1) As per my knowledge this phone misses out on compass functionality (i suppose its called Gyrometer). Does it affect the accuracy of the GPS navigation?

2) Please explain the TurboPower 25 part. How are the newer lots different?

thanks!
Old 4th July 2016, 00:35   #23914
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
I got my G4 Plus.
Shot indoor with g4plus
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1467572736010.jpg  

Old 4th July 2016, 00:44   #23915
Team-BHP Support

Anyone knew OnePlus, Oppo and Vivo are the same company? ��

I knew about Oppo and Vivo. Never expected OnePlus is also theirs. Looks like a double edged sword attack. They are conquering normal shops with Oppo and Vivo, while taking online market by storm with OnePlus.
Old 4th July 2016, 01:20   #23916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
1) As per my knowledge this phone misses out on compass functionality (i suppose its called Gyrometer). Does it affect the accuracy of the GPS navigation?
No, GPS and navigation will work like any other device having the same GPS hardware, you will only loose the compass mean no north direction and most probably VR apps will also won't work like a device having Gyroscope. Also you won't be able to click photo spheres using Google Camera or any other similar apps.

Quote:
I don't have the G4 Plus, but according to the relatives who got it, the turbo charger fully charges the phone within one hour where bigger portion of the battery is charged at much quicker rate afterwards the charging becomes slower reduce the risk of battery damage.

But I would recommend to get a good quality one ampere charger for regular charging and use the turbo charge only in emergency situations if you plan to retain the phone for couple of years or more with a healthy battery.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 4th July 2016 at 01:21.
Old 4th July 2016, 06:26   #23917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I knew about Oppo and Vivo.
I knew that OnePlus used Oppo's manufacturing facility. I'm a little surprised that they are one single company.

Till a few years back, Oppo and ZTE were the only Chinese brands which had originality in design and produced good phones.

Quote:
Hi all,

I got my G4 Plus.
Neel
Congrats Neel! Hope to see a review soon.
Old 4th July 2016, 09:31   #23918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Has anyone tried clip-on lenses?

I'm thinking of getting one of these Aukey telephoto lenses. It helps that the price has dropped since I last looked too.

Aukey make good chargers and cables ...but, lenses?
I haven't used them but some feedback is available here. You may want to check before taking the plunge. Also the prices in this site is cheaper to what you have mentioned but the package takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks to arrive.
Old 4th July 2016, 10:25   #23919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
No, GPS and navigation will work like any other device having the same GPS hardware, you will only loose the compass mean no north direction and most probably VR apps will also won't work like a device having Gyroscope. Also you won't be able to click photo spheres using Google Camera or any other similar apps.
Actually, it does have gyroscope so you will be able to use it for photospheres and other applications that require gyroscope. Only the compass is missing so it won't show the directions, as you said.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:13   #23920
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyone knew OnePlus, Oppo and Vivo are the same company? ��

I knew about Oppo and Vivo. Never expected OnePlus is also theirs. Looks like a double edged sword attack. They are conquering normal shops with Oppo and Vivo, while taking online market by storm with OnePlus.
Oneplus was started by a ex oppo employee. They use the oppo manufacturing units and oppo is also an invester in oneplus.
Old 4th July 2016, 11:24   #23921
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Till a few years back, Oppo and ZTE were the only Chinese brands which had originality in design and produced good phones.
Oppo currently looks to be targeting iPhone squarely with their ColorOS though. F1 plus is almost iPhone 6S. Although the hardware and software quality is very good and works seamlessly, would have liked more originality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Oneplus was started by a ex oppo employee. They use the oppo manufacturing units and oppo is also an invester in oneplus.
Wiki says it was a cover-up and OnePlus is also a fully owned subsidiary of BBK electronics that covers Oppo and Vivo brands as well.

Quote:
OnePlus was founded on 16 December 2013 by former Oppo vice president Pete Lau (刘作虎) and Carl Pei.[3] According to the Chinese government's documentation, the only institutional stockholder in OnePlus is Oppo.[4] Although Lau initially denied that OnePlus was a wholly owned subsidiary of Oppo, upon release of the regulatory filings they admitted that they are owned by Oppo and are "in talks with other investors" (although nothing has been announced to date)
Old 4th July 2016, 13:05   #23922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

thanks!
1) It does not affect the accuracy of the GPS navigation as such. However, I was trying to navigate in crowded alley ways on Saturday on foot, and fired up the navigation. Assuming the pointer was where I was facing and was supposed to head, I merrily carried on thinking I was headed to my destination. Even the GPS seamlessly kept redirecting me as soon as it detected I was not facing the direction it intended to. Result ? Wild goose chase for me and I ended up not finding my destination at all.
In vehicle navigation works fine though.
2) Mine came with a detachable USB cable type charger. It was not a 25W Turbocharger that original MotoGs used to ship with. It is a June-2016 Manufactured unit (surprisingly, says Made in India on the battery). It is however, some sort of a fast charger.
Old 4th July 2016, 20:59   #23923
Senior - BHPian

Enjoying my MotoG4. Initial charges were done using other chargers and from a PC. Those took 3 hrs+. But the phone itself was cool as a cup of ice cream. :-)

one such charge took nearly 7 hrs. Now, I started using the charger which came with the phone. This Takes less than 1.5 hr frorn single digit to fully charged battery. But phone gets warm in initial few mins.

Fast, lightweight and huge. I do miss a handle to use the plane as a fan during the long power cuts. lol. Just joking.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 4th July 2016 at 21:00.
Old 4th July 2016, 21:17   #23924
Senior - BHPian

Hello to all Geeks here !
Is there any good smartphone with Qwerty keypad ?

Requirement is for a senior citizen with shaky hands.
Main usage would be for calling and whatsapp.

Budget 20 ~25k max.
Old 4th July 2016, 22:14   #23925
Senior - BHPian

^^
Dear kpzen,
Does the user need all functions of a smartphone like sync for mail & contacts, some particular apps like ola/uber, facebook etc ?

If yes, there are Blackberry options- Q10 (16k) and Passport(27k). I've personally heard good reviews for the passport, but don't know anyone using the Q10.

If no, there are some basic Nokia models with Qwerty keypad and have WhatsApp. You'll have to search in brick and mortar stores for these as they're not available for flipkart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks