Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 23:32   #23566
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Had been trying to get a Mi5 for some time but not lucky enough to get through sale. Managed to get Zuk 1 today on Amazon flash sale! At the same time, a friend is offering his newly acquired Mi5.

Anyone interested in Zuk1, pl pm me!
Old 27th May 2016, 09:44   #23567
BHPian

I am considering to buy the Moto G4 Plus, but I see a lot of negative reviews about overheating on normal usage and lack of compass. While I don't care about compass, overheating is definitely a concern. Has anyone experienced any heating issues with their new Moto G4 Plus ?
Old 27th May 2016, 10:04   #23568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I am considering to buy the Moto G4 Plus, but I see a lot of negative reviews about overheating on normal usage and lack of compass. While I don't care about compass, overheating is definitely a concern. Has anyone experienced any heating issues with their new Moto G4 Plus ?
I have been using the Moto g4 plus for the past 1 week. No heating while using the phone. The phone heats only while charging. Do you use games a lot? If yes then any phone will heat while using games.
Old 27th May 2016, 10:24   #23569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
It's a wonderful phone no doubt. But the issue with overheating during extended camera use has been faced by me too. The camera just becomes unresponsive. Happens during camera application use only. So do keep that in mind. If you use camera for long recordings it would be an issue. Otherwise it's just a lovely phone. Lovely camera, very snappy, great to hold in hand, super light weight, superb fingerprint sensor. An update might solve the issue to an extent.
Old 27th May 2016, 10:45   #23570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
It's a wonderful phone no doubt. But the issue with overheating during extended camera use has been faced by me too. The camera just becomes unresponsive. Happens during camera application use only. So do keep that in mind. If you use camera for long recordings it would be an issue. Otherwise it's just a lovely phone. Lovely camera, very snappy, great to hold in hand, super light weight, superb fingerprint sensor. An update might solve the issue to an extent.

Agree with what you said. I went to Chickmagalur recently and I used camera for 30 mins continuously . It heated up. I just exited the camera and relaunched it after a minute. It was good. It's a wonderful phone especially for its camera.
Old 27th May 2016, 13:57   #23571
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news update on the OnePlus 2 Mini that started making rounds at the beginning of this year?
I badly need to change from my Moto G2 to a phone with 64 Bit SOC,3 Gig or above RAM, 5inch screen and a good battery. None of the phones in the market meet my requirements. Only OnePlus 2 mini did but unfortunately there is no news on it any further :(
Old 27th May 2016, 14:29   #23572
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has used Mokee's Experimental ROMs? I'm tempted to flash Android M for my Xiaomi Mi4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any news update on the OnePlus 2 Mini that started making rounds at the beginning of this year?
Never heard of the OnePlus 2 mini before. The project perhaps got shelved?

Try looking at a Nexus 5x for your requirement.

A (noob) question here: How does a 64 bit processor matter? I have one in my phone and haven't seen any exceptional performance. We don't have so many memory cells that we need 64 bit processors I think.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 27th May 2016 at 14:33.
Old 27th May 2016, 14:38   #23573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Never heard of the OnePlus 2 mini before. The project perhaps got shelved?

Try looking at a Nexus 5x for your requirement.

A (noob) question here: How does a 64 bit processor matter? I have one in my phone and haven't seen any exceptional performance. We don't have so many memory cells that we need 64 bit processors I think.
There were leaks of a roumored Oneplus 2 Mini at some benchmarking sites.

64 bit processor is for the OS developed to take advantage of the bigger address space provided by the 64 bit . Dont want to end up with a phone stuck with 32 bit Processor when the 64 bit OS have already come out. More so , since i am NOT someone who changes his phones frequently. I usually use them till they no longer can cope up with my type of usage or till they go kaput
Old 27th May 2016, 16:40   #23574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Anyone has used Mokee's Experimental ROMs? I'm tempted to flash Android M for my Xiaomi Mi4i
Mokee, like most other custom ROM's, is ultimately CM based. So your device is likely to have a CyanogenMod port as well. And this Mokee would most probably be based off that ROM. So performance and bugs would be just the same, maybe the new developer if not very good would have added another bug or two over CM.
For instance, say on the CM build the recent apps stutter and Snapchat crashes, on a Mokee ROM based on that build the recents would still stutter and Snapchat would still crash, but it may happen that even the flashlight would be laggy now.
But if the device has official release support on CM, then expect either ROM to be quite stable and clear of any serious issues.

Anyway, among the more feature-packed CM-based ROM's, Mokee is thankfully among the cleaner ones. Stay away from Bliss ROM's and Beanstalk ROM's, as both have gawdy designs and too much mention of the developer everywhere. Everything right from the boot animation to the settings menu to navigation buttons is ruined.
Old 27th May 2016, 16:46   #23575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
But if the device has official release support on CM, then expect either ROM to be quite stable and clear of any serious issues.
Suprising that my Mi 4i (ferrari ) doesn't have any official CM roms, but has a stable 5.1.1 based Mokee ROM which I'm using. Performance is terrific, battery life isn't stellar, it's on par with MIUI.

Ditched the idea as I'm leaving to the USA tomorrow. I'll flash it there if I have time.
Old 27th May 2016, 16:47   #23576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have been using the Moto g4 plus for the past 1 week. No heating while using the phone. The phone heats only while charging. Do you use games a lot? If yes then any phone will heat while using games.
Thanks for the confirmation @sairamboko. I don't play games on my phone. So, it would not be an issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Agree with what you said. I went to Chickmagalur recently and I used camera for 30 mins continuously . It heated up. I just exited the camera and relaunched it after a minute. It was good. It's a wonderful phone especially for its camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
I think heating during charging is okay, its got turbo charging. Any phone would heat. My only concern is the heating during camera app. I don't record videos using the phone. Does it heat even while taking pics ?
Old 27th May 2016, 16:51   #23577
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
I badly need to change from my Moto G2 to a phone with 64 Bit SOC,3 Gig or above RAM, 5inch screen and a good battery. None of the phones in the market meet my requirements. Only OnePlus 2 mini did but unfortunately there is no news on it any further :(
The Lenovo Zuk Z1 seems like a perfect fit except for the slightly larger screen. But I would say give it a shot. If you are fine with 5 inches, a 5.5 should not be causing any major inconvenience and you should be able to get used to it.

Else check the Lenovo Vibe S1. This comes without the fingerprint scanner though.
Old 27th May 2016, 17:26   #23578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The Lenovo Zuk Z1 seems like a perfect fit except for the slightly larger screen.
The Zuk is a good phone, but I've heard that it's pretty warm during normal usage. Why not the moto G Turbo or Moto X play?

Quote:
If you are fine with 5 inches, a 5.5 should not be causing any major inconvenience and you should be able to get used to it.
I completely disagree. It's down to personal preferences though.

My experience:
  • I had a Galaxy Grand (5") and was happy with the size
  • Redmi Note 4G (5.5",): The Phone was too big to comfortably carry in my pocket
  • When I exchanged phones with my mom and got the Mi4i(5"): I was darn pleased with the size

A well sized phone (Mi4i for example) with a 5" screen is a dream as I can reach all corners with one hand and the phone isn't bulky in the pocket.

Note: Compare the Mi4i's dimensions to the iPhone 6 and get shocked.
Old 27th May 2016, 18:32   #23579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Anyone having information on the Moto Razr relaunch further to that video?

V3i was a prized possession back in college. Had waited for long to get one ( V3 to V3i, 39,990 to 14,990)
I remember watching a movie called mere yaar ki shadi just to catch a glimpse of uday chopra using that phone ( wasn't launched in India then). Never got excited for a phone ever since.

Hoping its launched and is as beautiful as v3. Features wishlist: a hotspot and capability to sync google contacts is all I want to dump my 6s. Else will keep the iphone as backup to it
The leaks so far indicate that they are going to launch Moto Z devices which will have a modular design. You can snap on different modules, which they are counting on to be as cool as the Razr's flip display. A tweet from Moto says that "Snapping is the new flipping"

This is what the phones are expected to look like.
These are some of the modules.
Old 27th May 2016, 20:16   #23580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There were leaks of a roumored Oneplus 2 Mini at some benchmarking sites.

64 bit processor is for the OS developed to take advantage of the bigger address space provided by the 64 bit . Dont want to end up with a phone stuck with 32 bit Processor when the 64 bit OS have already come out. More so , since i am NOT someone who changes his phones frequently. I usually use them till they no longer can cope up with my type of usage or till they go kaput
The latest news is the One plus 3, which is launching on 3rd/7th June. Specs look good, it will be available on Amazon India site. Lets see what price it gets launched at!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks