Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 22:24   #22906
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Got the Galaxy S6 last week. I am some how disappointed with the battery performance. It is draining too fast even with out any 3G/4G connection or wifi. If left unused, it will last max. 12 Hrs. The android OS is taking 80% of battery life.
I am thinking about taking this to the samsung service centre. All other functions are top class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Yeah..I have been using an S6 for the last 4 months. The battery drains out fast but I think its okay with the fast charging.
Oh I was contemplating on buying a mobile and I was shifting my plan from a lumia to s6 edge. But the battery lasting just 12 hours without 3G/wifi/phone calls is just not acceptbale. My xperia zr lasts 1 day easily with a moderate use of internet and a min 1 - 2 hr call.

Is it an issue faced by all galaxy s6 users?
Old 22nd February 2016, 00:29   #22907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Got the Moto X play 2 days back. Thanks to bhpians for your feedback. Its really VFM device and the Marshmallow update makes it perfect
Nova launcher makes it even more perfect, and, should you choose to root the phone at some time, xposed framework adds some more interesting possibilities

But, the other day, my eye was caught by the Blisspop Rom. Sometime soon, I think I am going to have to give this a try.

Of course, I can't say I wasn't warned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
I intend to install TWRP and root the stock rom. For now, I am not intending to install any other rom.
STOP! This is a slippery slope and before you know it, there are different ROMs being installed.

In the name of the lord, why?

Is peace and stability and lag-free behavior not your priority? Let things be, no?
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:21   #22908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Nova launcher makes it even more perfect, and, should you choose to root the phone at some time, xposed framework adds some more interesting possibilities

But, the other day, my eye was caught by the Blisspop Rom. Sometime soon, I think I am going to have to give this a try.

Of course, I can't say I wasn't warned...

Bliss ROM's have a good feature set but the developers like to advertise their own selves everywhere. You have the developer's name or logo in the about device section, boot animations, etc.

Resurrection Remix has all the features of that ROM and more. And it is legitly designed as well. And the X Play (lux) has Resurrection Marshmallow builds up too.
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:55   #22909
Senior - BHPian

Folks need some help. I'm letting go of my iPhone 5c because I need a dual sim based phone that supports my office number as well as a 4G sim from Airtel. Also, I happen to work for Reliance so all probability that we will move to JIo in some months. So the need for the hour is a VOLTE enabled dual sim android phone. Now my requirement is simple, it's just for office emails and nothing else. I have a personal phone which is a iPhone 6, so all browsing and apps are primarily on this. Which would be a good android phone considering my requirement? I just a need a hassle free phone that doesn't crash or create issues for me. I have shortlisted the moto g 3rd gen since it seems to have fairly decent reviews except for the heating issues. Any feedback or suggestion would be welcome.
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:32   #22910
Senior - BHPian

@motorworks; I have a MotoX Style, it is dual SIM and also 4G with LTE. So I am waiting for a decent 4G to become available.
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:12   #22911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Oh I was contemplating on buying a mobile and I was shifting my plan from a lumia to s6 edge. But the battery lasting just 12 hours without 3G/wifi/phone calls is just not acceptbale. My xperia zr lasts 1 day easily with a moderate use of internet and a min 1 - 2 hr call.

I don't think that it is a common issue with all the s6 users. Some of my friends are claiming better battery power than what I am getting. Even some of our members here have also reported satisfaction on their battery usage. In my case, I am suspecting some software related bugs which is hidden somewhere and stealing my battery power.
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:50   #22912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post

I have been using S6 Edge for last 8 months and the battery is just great. With all sorts of usage patterns, the battery easily goes for more than 24 hours for me. With a conservative usage, I am sure it will last for 2 days. For instance, right now battery is at 84% capacity and the estimate says 22 h 39 m left and the usage since last charged is 5 h 52 m. Hope that helps.
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:27   #22913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Bliss ROM's have a good feature set but the developers like to advertise their own selves everywhere. You have the developer's name or logo in the about device section, boot animations, etc.
That much I can live with: I don't have to look at those things very often. Have to live with the Motorola boot animation anyway, although I do admit that it is actually well done, pretty, and quite entertaining! (The bootloader-unlocked warning is ugly and tedious; I have the instructions to reflash the M logo to replace, but haven't got around to it)
Quote:
Resurrection Remix has all the features of that ROM and more. And it is legitly designed as well. And the X Play (lux) has Resurrection Marshmallow builds up too.
Will take a look at that too. Thanks for the recommendation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@motorworks; I have a MotoX Style, it is dual SIM and also 4G with LTE. So I am waiting for a decent 4G to become available.
How do you define "decent?" I am afraid that the operators define 4G as "anything faster than 3G," however small the difference. Are any of them even trying to give us the actually-very-high possible 4G speeds?

("any of them," as far as I know, at this time, means Airtel, with a couple of others maybe dragging their feet behind them?)

As Airtel are, at least for now, charging the same for 3G/4G, then whatever we get extra is bonus.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 22nd February 2016 at 13:29.
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:28   #22914
Senior - BHPian

I am on Vodafone and 4G is still to be launched in UP (E) so I cannot have any first hand experience. I will given them three month before getting harsh. I must on 3G I am getting far better then the 2Mbps (actual about 2.3), I have contracted for on my land net connection.
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:50   #22915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am not going to root it for sometime now. For now greenify and doze is keeping me happy I am pretty happy with the google now launcher , will give the Nova launcher a try later.
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:39   #22916
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here using an Android app to control Bluetooth enabled car music system? The mahindra app which I can use is pathetic and the unit does not have a remote control. It's a Nippon HU. Looking for recommendations for free/paid app that allows easy access across folders
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:05   #22917
Senior - BHPian

Bought the moto G3 for my mom. Thanks to all TBHPians who advised me.

Initial impressions are that the phone is blazing fast and snappy.

Original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Just wanted to know how good are the current Lenovo phones(at around 10k)? Are they better than their cousin: the moto G3?
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:07   #22918
BHPian

Moto X play users - do you experience heating issue? Whenever i play games for 5mins or browse for 5 mins, it gets heated and its difficult to hold the phone. Also can you please share some battery tips? I have tried the regular ones like disabling scanning, adaptive brightness turned off, etc.
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:47   #22919
BHPian

I too use Moto Play X, but don't have heating issue. I don't do gaming, but do prolonged browsing.
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:51   #22920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

Thanks sir for your reply, the only negative reviews I keep hearing about all moto phones is the heating issue else they seem to be the best bet in the 10-15k segment. Also, moto x style is not listed to be "VoLTE" enabled. Any feedback on this?
On 4G, I think you should wait for Jio, I work for the same organisation although in a different vertical, but many of the employees have free trials and the feedback seems to be very good in terms of data speed, not sure about the quality of voice calls though. But I think it would any day be better than the current airtel situation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks