Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 22:48   #22156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Common it cant even handle 1 HP . Had to get that out of my head. Its restricted to Verizon here in the US.

And verizon bloats their phone worse than Samsung. I am interested but i have to wait till April to change my carrier to Verizon and then get this phone so i can root it and remove the junks.
Old 28th October 2015, 23:49   #22157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Common it cant even handle 1 HP . Had to get that out of my head. Its restricted to Verizon here in the US.

And verizon bloats their phone worse than Samsung. I am interested but i have to wait till April to change my carrier to Verizon and then get this phone so i can root it and remove the junks.
It'll eventually make it to India. Rumored to be called the moto x force.
Old 29th October 2015, 02:14   #22158
Senior - BHPian

xperia z5 looks promising. What are the reviews saying for this phone?
Old 29th October 2015, 02:45   #22159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All reviews should be available online. If you are asking if any bhp users have this phone for a review, i doubt it.

Heard it has kick dash camera and a stunning display and a more functionally efficient way to use that display and thereby getting better battery life.

Again a great phone but bad marketing and launch and availability that kills it.

Only Samsung, Apple and to an extent Nexus are able to have the product available immediately after a launch while sony for some reason decided to keep it out of markets like US.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:17   #22160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
As I've written in the previous page as well, I do indeed own the Xperia Z5. So far its the usual Sony quality, battery life is about 3 days on average (my usage is very little) and that figure is bound to go up. The fingerprint sensor works fine but after a day or so I found even the split second time lag to analyse the finger irritating so I deactivated it. The phone is waterproof as claimed, believe me I checked - it got wet under the tap, in the rain yesterday and got submerged in a vessel.. works fine.

Camera is the usual Sony quality so those coming from a Z3/Z3 Compact will find little to no difference. I'd even say if you're hunting for a bargain the Z3 would be just as good (not Z3+). Of course if minor camera improvements like quick autofocus alongwith security measures like fingerprint reader are important then Z5 it is. The build quality is next to none that's for sure, Z5 will put to shame every phone out there on display.

Last edited by dark.knight : 29th October 2015 at 08:18.
Old 29th October 2015, 12:21   #22161
Distinguished - BHPian

Does a phone cover make a difference to the battery life? I am observing that after removing the third party cover on my nexus 4, the battery life has increased by 20-25%!
Old 29th October 2015, 12:35   #22162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Does a phone cover make a difference to the battery life? I am observing that after removing the third party cover on my nexus 4, the battery life has increased by 20-25%!
Depends - if your phone cover is acting as a antenna blocker - your phone would be working harder to locate network and hence consuming more battery. But it's the first time i am hearing cover's blocking cellular signal.
Old 29th October 2015, 12:44   #22163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
All reviews should be available online. If you are asking if any bhp users have this phone for a review, i doubt it.
it has kick dash camera and a stunning display and a more functionally efficient way to use that display and thereby getting better battery life.

Again a great phone but bad marketing and launch and availability that kills it.

Only Samsung, Apple and to an extent Nexus are able to have the product available immediately after a launch while sony for some reason decided to keep it out of markets like US.
Disagree slightly (in my limited knowledge). I think there's no reviewer for phones like say a teamBHP review which is incredibly detailed / unbiased. Users are not detail oriented enough to give actual useful feedback beyond the 2-3 things that either piss or please them most.

Worthwhile to reach out to real users and ask questions that matter to oneself!
Old 29th October 2015, 13:52   #22164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Depends - if your phone cover is acting as a antenna blocker - your phone would be working harder to locate network and hence consuming more battery. But it's the first time i am hearing cover's blocking cellular signal.
Mine is a third party plastic/rubber cover which covers the phone from back and sides completely .Maybe that caused the antenna to work harder. Not sure
Old 29th October 2015, 15:05   #22165
BHPian

OnePlus X gets launched at 16,999.
Good specs at a relatively low price, IMO. But, still has the dreaded invite system.

Old 29th October 2015, 15:11   #22166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Might be that it didn't allow heat dissipation causing phone to heat up and take more time to do things ( processor works for more time) which might increase battery consumption.

The cover will block radio signals only if its of metal.
Old 29th October 2015, 15:43   #22167
Senior - BHPian

My colleague's Redmi 1S is showing signs of a dying battery - charging to 100% really quickly, and running outta charge within 4-5 hours! The phone is only 11 months old and I feel that's too short a time for the battery to die! The Redmi has a non removable battery as far as I know.

Has any of Xiaomi users experienced premature battery death? Will it be possible to replace the battery under warranty?

Since I was the one who recommended the Xiaomi strongly when she was looking for a phone, I feel responsible and guilty to an extent!
Old 29th October 2015, 15:54   #22168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
The Redmi has a non removable battery as far as I know.

Has any of Xiaomi users experienced premature battery death? Will it be possible to replace the battery under warranty?
The Redmi 1S has a removable battery.
Xiaomi should replace the battery as it's under warranty but having experienced their after sales service, it might be a hassle.
To reduce the hassle a little bit, you could look at their Pick and Drop service.
Old 29th October 2015, 15:59   #22169
Distinguished - BHPian

I get only a day out of my m4i, and I hardly ever actually make/take calls!

Well, that is the way it is, I suppose, but when the time comes to replace that battery, I fear that the answer will be buy a new phone.

I do want to upgrade MIUI on my phone, but fear that the process, to be assured of a bootable working phone is going to be a bit tedious. roughly:

1. Back up all data and apps.
2. Have just flashed TWERP: go back to stock recovery.
3. Unroot existing MIUI.
4. Flash new MIUI using fastboot.
5. Hopefully... it works.
6. Root again.
7. Restore all.

Sheesh... I'm daunted, especially by the possibility of failure at any of those steps.

Any comments? Encouragement? Warnings?

NB... I do not have a Windows machine, but can use adb and fastboot from LInux.
Old 29th October 2015, 18:44   #22170
Senior - BHPian

OnePlus X looks promising. Cheap phones are getting good and Good phones are getting cheap...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks