Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 14:57   #2101
BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
how do you connect it to the ECU ? Bluetooth ? i remember reading something like that but where can i find it ?
You can buy a EcoRoute module from Garmin (https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354) and it can interface with android apps like Garmin Mechanic (http://www.appbrain.com/app/garmin-m...roid.apps.mech) or a Garmin Nuvi over bluetooth. Actually I am looking to borrow an Ecoroute module (if anyone in Bangalore has one) to make sure it works for my car (I heard Toyota doesn't implement OBD-II standard correctly).
Old 1st March 2011, 18:10   #2102
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hello all

Went to Samsung service center told them that cell hanged up and was stuck on the I5800 screen (didnt tell them the actual drama that had happen)
well they just did everything in warranty and reloaded 2.1 Eclair and now my G3 is absolutely perfect.

After sales service is nice of samsung.
Old 1st March 2011, 20:08   #2103
BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
SGoose, Backseatdriver and sheetumanu,

Thanks guys,

Will go through the recommendations and update this thread.
Came across this package called "Documents To Go", currently in version 3.0. Looks promising based on reviews.

K
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:00   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Switched to Go Launcher UI as I was getting bored with HTC Sense and ADW.. This is much similar to ADW but has more smooth transition effects and better overall feel IMO.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-device.png
Name:  device3.png
Views: 873
Size:  165.0 KB

Last edited by clevermax : 2nd March 2011 at 09:02.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:02   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Updated my Nexus S to 2.3.3 from 2.3.2 by flashing via USB. Guess I was too eager to wait for the OTA update to arrive.
I am most interested to check out how the NFC tag sharing happens - apparently one can now share contacts, links or text via NFC. Have to check out with a colleague who's got the same phone.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:14   #2106
Senior - BHPian

^^ Clevermax,
In the third photo, which is this "Mileage" app?
where do you get it ? is it free ? how good it is ?
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:31   #2107
Senior - BHPian

@Clever, thats a super looking launcher. I have installed and by mistake I have clicked on "HTC Sense" as my default home.

How do I clear the default launcher option? Tried searching in Settings->Application but could not find anything there.

Any help please?

Regards
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:40   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^ Clevermax,
In the third photo, which is this "Mileage" app?
where do you get it ? is it free ? how good it is ?
You can get that app from the market, yes it is free! It is a decent app, I switched to this app after running two more as a trial for some time.
I am using that to keep track of my fueling expenses and FE of the car. I have so far refueled 6 times since I started using that app. It has several charts to show mileage, distance between fill ups, cost of fuel etc.

So the actual mileage of my 5 year old Palio 1.2 ELX stands at 13 kmpl as indicated by this app This will see a bit more improvement because the first two fill ups made the app to think that that FE is only 9 kmpl because of less very less distance between those fill ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
@Clever, thats a super looking launcher. I have installed and by mistake I have clicked on "HTC Sense" as my default home.

How do I clear the default launcher option? Tried searching in Settings->Application but could not find anything there.

Any help please?

Regards
I get what you are saying: You selected Sense as default UI and don't see an option to invoke Go launcher. Now to get back GO as the default UI, goto Applications, tap on HTC Sense, scroll down, and click on the button 'Clear Defaults'. Now press home button again and make GO the default launcher.

Last edited by clevermax : 2nd March 2011 at 13:46.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:53   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I get what you are saying: You selected Sense as default UI and don't see an option to invoke Go launcher. Now to get back GO as the default UI, goto Applications, tap on HTC Sense, scroll down, and click on the button 'Clear Defaults'. Now press home button again and make GO the default launcher.
Yikes, it was that easy!

Thanks buddy!
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:43   #2110
BHPian

Hi,

I am calling for an android phone from the UK, and have the option of choosing between the following:

1) Orange Sanfrancisco @ 80 GBP
2) SE Xperia X10 Mini @ 110 GBP
3) SE Xperia X8 @ 110 GBP

Which one amongst the three is a good VFM buy which I would enjoy owning and using with comfort and ease.

Looking forward to your suggestions

sparkglow
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:55   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hi,

sparkglow
Avoid the Sonys. There are extreme limitations on the current Xperias. Do you have the Samsung Galaxy Ace over there? It is value for money though it looks a lot like the iPhone 4.
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:13   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Switched to Go Launcher UI as I was getting bored with HTC Sense and ADW.. This is much similar to ADW but has more smooth transition effects and better overall feel IMO.
Guys, switched back to ADW launcher. Reason: GO Launcher drains the battery.
ADW is very impressive when it comes to battery usage. I had a record of 38.5 hours on a single charge while using ADW launcher.

I have the same UI layout in ADW now, only thing I am missing is the cool desktop transition effects that GO launcher had.

Checked out Zeam launcher which is supposed to be lightweight and good. First impression is that it is a very good launcher but still needs to test for battery life and all.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd March 2011 at 16:15.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:24   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked out Zeam launcher which is supposed to be lightweight and good. First impression is that it is a very good launcher but still needs to test for battery life and all.
Hey, Clever thanks man!! for your constant update about the different apps and UI that you have been trying.
Will wait for your update about the Zeam launcher and then probably decide between ADW and Zeam.
Waiting here for you to come back with your review. Meanwhile, I am going to install the "Mileage" app today.
Also my last charge, kept the my wildfire phone alive for approx. 52 hours,but i let the phone with the drained battery through the night. Amazingly it always last through the night and still wakes me up with the alarm and that is when I put it to charge. It takes around 1hr 40 minutes for a complete charge and last approx. 3 days, with general usage. I have cut down a little on GPS, but wifi is being used for good time.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:42   #2114
BHPian

Flipkart lists Xperia Arc and Xperia Neo for preorder. Xperia is priced at 28,999 and Neo at 24,999. Anybody interested?

I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy S 2!
Old 3rd March 2011, 18:07   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hi,

I am calling for an android phone from the UK, and have the option of choosing between the following:

1) Orange Sanfrancisco @ 80 GBP
2) SE Xperia X10 Mini @ 110 GBP
3) SE Xperia X8 @ 110 GBP

Which one amongst the three is a good VFM buy which I would enjoy owning and using with comfort and ease.

Looking forward to your suggestions

sparkglow
Orange Sanfrancisco anyday if you are willing to root it and install custom firmware. 2.3 is already out and I'm just waiting for a newer more stable build to arrive. The 2.2 builds are rock stable and the phone works really well. The screen is a treat for the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks