Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2024, 09:12   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
You will need a hdmi audio extractor.
There are various options available on Amazon starting from Rs750 or less I am also looking at a reliable one albeit for different reasons.
If you do go this route please let me know which one you finalised and if you were happy with the quality.
Thanks, the given link is not opening, however I got it from Amazon. Will definitely share my experience with you, If I buy any such device.

In the meantime, I have seen one YouTube video wherein they say that connecting optical cable between DVD/Home theatre to Jio STB will get all 5.1 channel works fine. But unfortunately, the STB supplied to me by Jio does not have an optical cable port.

I still confused on what Samsung's solution to get all 6 channels working, i.e. ''connect the Digital Audio out (optical) jack on the DVD directly to the amplifier or Home theatre, not the TV''. In my case, the DVD and 5.1 Home theatre are the same (the DVD itself has an inbuilt amplifier)?. As such, where do I connect the other end of optical cable?

May be what they mean is that it has to be connected to the STB which is not possible in my case.
Old 21st August 2024, 15:09   #3872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I own the JBL Bar 9.1 ( Now discontinued)
It is still listed on JBL's website and amazon and FK still offer them. Was wondering if they are worth the money.
Old 21st August 2024, 16:28   #3873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
It is still listed on JBL's website and amazon and FK still offer them. Was wondering if they are worth the money.
If you don’t have any budget constraints , I’d recommend the newer model that has built-in EQ tuning. Before buying, I tried out Bose, Sony, Samsung, and Sonos. JBL totally blew them away, especially when it came to playing movies with True HD DTS audio. Samsung was pretty close, but I got a good deal back then, so JBL was 30% cheaper than Samsung. It’s been almost two years now, and the soundbar is always on for everything.

I suggest you take an audition, but don’t use the store demo files. If you don’t have any reference files, you can watch the Interstellar Docking sequence on YouTube. You can play it at full volume without any distortion, which should help you decide.

I got all the auditions at Croma store, and I brought my own Blu-ray player and disc player.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 12:20   #3874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
If you don’t have any budget constraints , I’d recommend the newer model that has built-in EQ tuning. Before buying, I tried out Bose, Sony, Samsung, and Sonos. JBL totally blew them away, especially when it came to playing movies with True HD DTS audio. Samsung was pretty close, but I got a good deal back then, so JBL was 30% cheaper than Samsung. It’s been almost two years now, and the soundbar is always on for everything.
So, you mean there is no way to adjust bass, treble on the soundbar 9.1 and the newer model bar 800 has that feature?
Or it can be controlled from app or remote?
Old 22nd August 2024, 16:06   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
So, you mean there is no way to adjust bass, treble on the soundbar 9.1 and the newer model bar 800 has that feature?
Or it can be controlled from app or remote?
You can adjust the Bass / Subwoofer but given a choice I would love to have more detailed option to tune the EQ.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 22:11   #3876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Was at Palladium Ahmedabad last weekend and casually dropped by the JBL store to see their setups. They have a demo room too.
Nice to know that JBL has finally jumped on to the "Soundbar" band wagon as now the race globally is to create better and better sound quality "wirelessly" and provide a one-company audio experience system.

JBL always stuck to portable bluetooth but, this is a good move.

Did you also try the HARMAN soundbars? They are a level above JBL.

And, of course their top of the range is Bang & Olufsen which is delicious sound stage from all perspective.

For the amateur audiophiles, my suggestion is to give a listen to the full SONOS experience. It blew my brains and I'm now invested in it for life as I plan to build many things around this company products.

I would love to know from experts here if there is any other system out there which is completely WIRELESS that sounds better than SONOS?
Old 25th August 2024, 23:53   #3877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I would love to know from experts here if there is any other system out there which is completely WIRELESS that sounds better than SONOS?
I have been using Sony A9 with SW5 from two years - I find it way better than Sonos Arc which a close friend of mine is using. Sound separation & sound stage is way different - especially on Atmos titles.
Old 26th August 2024, 13:21   #3878
Senior - BHPian

JBL was one of the 'first movers' in this space
Quote:
Nice to know that JBL has finally jumped on to the "Soundbar" band wagon
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2024, 02:23   #3879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
I have been using Sony A9 with SW5 from two years - I find it way better than Sonos Arc which a close friend of mine is using. Sound separation & sound stage is way different - especially on Atmos titles.
Interesting.

I never even considered Sony as a brand as they never stood out in the wireless HT space (I have their headphones which are awesome).

Is it a complete system? Like a Soundbar, Rear Speakers and Sub-Woofer?

Your friend who owns the Sonos, does he have a full system (latest one) or just part of the system?

I have listed to Bose, Samsung, Polk, LG and so forth and they were absolutely lackluster and when I listened to Sonos, I immediately decided and super happy with how powerful, punchy (Gen3 Sub) and crystal clear clarity sound this system provides.

Btw, I have a pretty large living room with 35 feet X 30 Feet dimensions and I am able to fence the music to the area that we generally use the most to get an astonishingly immersive music experience and most of our content is via. 4K HD Apple TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
JBL was one of the 'first movers' in this space
Darn.

I never knew that JBL has "wireless full HT systems". I'm assuming they have the soundbar, speakers and sub-woofers in wireless fashion?

I see only their bluetooth products everywhere.
Old 31st August 2024, 23:01   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a complete system? Like a Soundbar, Rear Speakers and Sub-Woofer?

Your friend who owns the Sonos, does he have a full system (latest one) or just part of the system?
Yeah, it's a complete system with rear surrounds + sub - so with my Sonos friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks