Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 23:52   #61
BHPian

Best outdoor torchlight / flashlight / torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I own a lot of these ultrafire/Trustfire/Surefire stuff.

Decided to get a nice EDC which can take AA batteries

So sunwayman is the answer. It gets higher reviews than the TinyMonster
Thanks Tanveer and sgiitk, I too have some of these but am quite interested to buy the LED Lenser P7.2 due to the small size and brilliant light. I recently used someone's LeD L in Sigdi on a night drive and was amazed at the result. It is 1/3rd of my 2D maglite and produced better results. I also have a 6D maglite but it's just too difficult to lug around.

Note from Support - Kindly avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th July 2014 at 11:58.
Old 17th July 2014, 00:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys I want to buy a LED LENSER P7.2 but don't know if the original ones are available in India. Anyone who has bought can please guide me. Thanks.

I got interested on the lights looking at the conversation. Googled on P7.2. Landed on Lenser site and found India seller.

It's a Pune based company. Extreme Adventure Sports. Here's the link : http://www.exadsports.com/pages/LED-...id-468991.aspx

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 17th July 2014, 09:05   #63
Team-BHP Support

Re: Best outdoor torchlight / flashlight / torch

Quote:
Thanks Tanveer and sgiitk, I too have some of these but am quite interested to buy the LED Lenser P7.2 due to the small size and brilliant light. I recently used someone's LeD L in Sigdi on a night drive and was amazed at the result. It is 1/3rd of my 2D maglite and produced better results. I also have a 6D maglite but it's just too difficult to lug around.
Yes, Lenser is good. But you have to understand its a lower end model than sunwayman which is a 60$ flashlight after discounts.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Lenser is good. But you have to understand its a lower end model than sunwayman which is a 60$ flashlight after discounts.

Thanks. Have done a comparison and agree it's better. However I checked the price and it's going for £78$. Where did you find it for 60?
Old 17th July 2014, 10:57   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. Have done a comparison and agree it's better. However I checked the price and it's going for £78$. Where did you find it for 60?
Amazon.com had a deal on edisonbright with free batteries thrown in.
Deals keep coming and going for even Tiny Monster etc., where you can get it for 60 odd $
Old 18th July 2014, 10:48   #66
BHPian

What are your thoughts on the Nitecore SRT7? It's costing roughly 11K including batteries and charger. Do you think I should take the plunge? My need is specific to trekking and camping as well as to use on cycling at nights!
Old 25th July 2014, 11:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Decided to get a nice EDC which can take AA batteries So sunwayman is the answer.
It gets higher reviews than the TinyMonster,
http://www.sunwayman-usa.com/sunwayman-d40a-xml2.html

tested it out at Manali. Simple phone pics. The light is truly outstanding, and output is equal to <insertyourfavoritehere>fire with 3 LEDs
I have the Sunwayman D40A (neutral tint) too, and it is truly an amazing flashlight. I use it when I have somewhere to put it; a backpack, the car, etc. However, I wouldn't call it an EDC; too bulky for that.

My EDC is a Zebralight SC52w (neutral tint). Single AA, awesomely bright, optimum combination of throw and flood, barely bigger than a single AA battery. Easily fits in a pant pocket. Though I say EDC, I don't carry it everyday (though I could) - see next line.

My keychain flashlight is a Fenix LD01; single AAA.

All these are best used with rechargeable NiMH batteries like Eneloops.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 25th July 2014 at 11:29.
Old 27th August 2014, 18:15   #68
BHPian

Recently bought the Nitecore SRT7 and am loving it. At a throw of a little over 300 yards and brightness close to max 960 lumens, it is turning out to be a great investment. The only concern I have is that it gets uncomfortably hot if used for more than 2 or 3 mins in turbo mode? Can this have something to do with using a 6000mah 18650 battery?
Old 28th August 2014, 21:16   #69
BHPian

Almost all flashlights get hot at max brightness; some manufacturers will tell you upfront that after 1 or 2 or 3 minutes the flashlight will automatically step down to the next lower level (usually around 80%) of the brightness of the max level in order to cool the head down.

The turbo or max mode is usually intended to be used for a couple of minutes only, with the next level down to be used as the continuous mode.
Old 28th August 2014, 22:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

I picked couple of Ultrafire XML-T6 torches from Aliexpress recently. One was the 18650 version and other was 26650.

Primary purpose was to keep it in the car; I'm more than happy with the light output of both these torches. Money well spent!
Old 29th August 2014, 11:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I picked couple of Ultrafire XML-T6 torches from Aliexpress recently. One was the 18650 version and other was 26650.
How much did you pay for these? I had picked ultra-fire's from ebay uk but am not happy with the output. They are clearly fake.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st August 2014 at 21:07. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 29th August 2014, 12:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did you pay for these? I had picked ultra-fire's from ebay uk but am not happy with the output. They are clearly fake.
16$ for the 26650 and 12$ for 18650. Both came with battery and charger. Light output from both is the same and I got both from different sellers

It easily lights up far away tree tops when focussed. Very happy with them torches

26650 on the left and 18650 on the right

Best outdoor torchlight / flashlight / torch-img20140819wa0003.jpg
Old 31st August 2014, 21:09   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had picked ultra-fire's from ebay uk but am not happy with the output. They are clearly fake.
Check if your flashlight has multiple "modes".

Sometimes this is vaguely mentioned in the item description with no further instructions.

Eg. on some flashlights, half-pressing the button whilst its on will cycle through low/med/high brightness modes.

cya
R
Old 25th September 2014, 03:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Recently bought the Nitecore SRT7 and am loving it. At a throw of a little over 300 yards and brightness close to max 960 lumens, it is turning out to be a great investment. The only concern I have is that it gets uncomfortably hot if used for more than 2 or 3 mins in turbo mode? Can this have something to do with using a 6000mah 18650 battery?
Hi Strome, this is Vamsi from Lightorati.
Mate the SRT7 is the best light in its class and because of its bigger head the heat dissipation is very good. Never heard of it heating it so soon. Usually the lights with smaller heads heat faster. The reason I stopped by after seeing your post is that you have got a fake battery for sure. 6000mah does not exist in the battery market. Max capacity is 3400 99% and very few make 3500. But that's it. So you might want to check your battery. Post a picture here and get a good one. The light deserves better. A good battery might just save the life of your flashlight. Good Day.
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:35   #75
BHPian

Thanks Vamsi. I have got a fake battery for sure. Wil be ordering one from your website soon and will let you know the difference in the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks