Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-98.html)

How old has your system been? How much do you work on a laptop on battery power?

is it total shutdown? you may need a new battery.
Is is hibernation and shutdown? you may need to calibrate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 1149808)
I got Acer Aspire One on 20th of this month after going through all the reviews for almost 5 days in a row before deiciding. Considering my daily need and the applications, cost factor etc. I could not find anything else other than aspire one. It looks too good and a real VFM by all means !

HI,
Could you tell me the config of your system and how much did it cost you?

has any body got the price of

1. Dell Mini 12
2. Asus EEEPC 1000H with 160gig

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1151630)

1. Dell Mini 12
2. Asus EEEPC 1000H with 160gig

Dell Mini 12 is available for $399 in US so should be near abouts here as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1151630)

1. Dell Mini 12

Refer: Tech2.com India > Dell Launches Inspiron Mini 12 in India > News on Netbooks PCs & Laptops

Price is ~ 31k.

ASUS 1000H 160 GB ~ 24K

for netbooks, Asus it is unless some other netbook meets your requiremens better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1151716)
Dell Mini 12 is available for $399 in US so should be near abouts here as well.

Damn! we are being ripped here!!

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1151590)
How old has your system been? How much do you work on a laptop on battery power?

The system has 49 days more of its year long warranty!

Very less use on battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1151590)
is it total shutdown? you may need a new battery.
Is is hibernation and shutdown? you may need to calibrate.

It is a total switching off.

The taskbar indicator cannot recognise the battery.

Dell has responded after 48 hours asking me to check things and respond and I have done it. Now somebody would come say by Wednesday / thursday to attend it.

45 days back it was a heating problem. Then the email was got in 24 hours, a phone call a day later and the person to do the job on the sixth day.

Even the Sahara notebook that is used in one of my shops never needed any attention.

@SirAlec, do take a look at indian ebay. Havent seen Dell Mini12, but the eee pc 10" was listed for about 21K.
Acer Aspire One for about 15K

As I have said in the previous posts Netbook is a forte of Asus.

trrk, let dell do their job. Did you by any chance update your BIOS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 1152240)
Damn! we are being ripped here!!

Yes, laptops are still expensive in India compared to USA.

eBay India: ASUS Eee PC 1000H 10" portable laptop New + warranty (item 180324464812 end time 05-Feb-2009 09:58:27 IST)

i found but its a 80gig model.

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1152841)
trrk, let dell do their job. Did you by any chance update your BIOS?

Yes, they did send an email 48 hours after my complaint, to check on certain things and to have the part number of the AC Adapter. I have responded to it.

The updation of the BIOS was part of the problem solving during the overheating episode 45 days back.

I think the BIOS is mostly the culprit. I had updated my BIOS and the battery died in a week.

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1153662)
I think the BIOS is mostly the culprit. I had updated my BIOS and the battery died in a week.

This took 40 days if it is indeed that. Why would Dell want to kill its own laptop battery?

About ten days back I did an update of the Vista as suggested and the whole system went for a toss. It got alright only after I undid the update by restoring the system to a prior date.

No repsonse for my email so far from Dell.

Hello Guys,

I am planning to order a Dell Studio 15 notebook (here in Germany). Please have a look and let me know if this configuration is good enough.

Costs 822,00€ here (roughly Rs.51,000)

Thanks in advance
Nirmal