Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-83.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 917189)
How many 1330 owners on this forum?

We should make an exclusive TBHP XPS Club :) Just kidding!

Count me in! stupid:

should i wait for the new centrino 2 chips or get a laptop today ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhilr87 (Post 916905)
@iraghava..
I checked out the XPS 1530 in pune a few days back.. the black one looks awesome!! i've made my decision now, i'm definately gonna buy the 1530!! and most probably with the same config as yours!
thanks for your help buddy!

Congratulations Nikhil! I've been usinh mine for over a month now & full marks to the product! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 917189)
We should make an exclusive TBHP XPS Club :) Just kidding!

I hereby elect myself the Chairman for Life*!!!

* Calvin & Hobbes

My friend bought a Dell 1200 at 38 K ...worth?

Hi, Im getting the following acer laptop from a dealer:
C2D, T 7200, 2.2 GHZ
4MB L2 CACHE
2GB RAM
120 GB HDD
15.4' SCREEN
CAMERA, bluetooth, wifi, etc.
8 CELL battery , 3 yrs. warranty
DOS

price- 39000/-
Is this a good buy, how is it in comparison to DELL?
How is acer as a company & how is its after sales service?

Hi bhp1,
The deal is good. The only thing you have to worry bout is the body.
Get the top and area around keypad laminated.
Never ever do that to the underside or heat may get trapped spoiling the laptop.

All the best. With 3 year warranty you don't to worry bout anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp1 (Post 917983)
Hi, Im getting the following acer laptop from a dealer:
C2D, T 7200, 2.2 GHZ
4MB L2 CACHE
2GB RAM
120 GB HDD
15.4' SCREEN
CAMERA, bluetooth, wifi, etc.
8 CELL battery , 3 yrs. warranty
DOS

price- 39000/-
Is this a good buy, how is it in comparison to DELL?
How is acer as a company & how is its after sales service?

which model is this ?

Ppl, this might interest you. Take care of the graphics card you buy.

NVIDIA GPU Update for Dell Laptop Owners - Direct2Dell?The Official Dell blog

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_V (Post 918702)
Ppl, this might interest you. Take care of the graphics card you buy.

NVIDIA GPU Update for Dell Laptop Owners - Direct2Dell?The Official Dell blog

thanks for the link Blue_V...!!

@iraghava..
since ur the only person i know in this forum who owns a 1530, have you experienced any of the symptoms mentioned in the above blog??

btw, i'm in for the 'xps club' guys! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorheadinc (Post 918029)
Hi bhp1,
The deal is good.
All the best. With 3 year warranty you don't to worry bout anything else.

Thanks, I shall keep in mind the body aspect. But how is Acer otherwise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 918121)
which model is this ?

Well I dont know the specific model , as its not mentioned on the leaflet given to me by the dealer. There are 2 models, 1 costs - 34000/- & has 6 cell battery, the other 1 , costs- 39000/- & is the one in the preceeding post.

Blue_V, thanks for the link. Let me check when I get back home today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhilr87 (Post 918887)
...@iraghava..since ur the only person i know in this forum who owns a 1530, have you experienced any of the symptoms mentioned in the above blog??

btw, i'm in for the 'xps club' guys! :D

Count me in! I own a 1530; got it 3 weeks back.

And I just finished reading the blog. Now this has got me into a fix!!! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp1 (Post 919074)
Thanks, I shall keep in mind the body aspect. But how is Acer otherwise?

Well I dont know the specific model , as its not mentioned on the leaflet given to me by the dealer. There are 2 models, 1 costs - 34000/- & has 6 cell battery, the other 1 , costs- 39000/- & is the one in the preceeding post.

Rs 5000 for just an upgrade from 6 cell to 8 cell battery:Shockked:
Thats daylight robbery.
Please ensure that there are no differences other than that.
If you can live with 2.5 hrs of battery life instead of 3.5 or so get the one at 34k if the features are same.

Also remember that in most cases the warranty included all except battery. So spending 5k for a battery that comes with just an year of warranty doesnt seem logical to me.

Make sure to double check and cross check all specs on both models.

Even at 39k (i hope its all inclusive) what you are getting is a great product.

Acers are good laptops. I have owned one previously which is lying unused at home and I am currently using the Dell Lattitude D 620 presently which is provided by my firm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhilr87 (Post 918887)
@iraghava..
since ur the only person i know in this forum who owns a 1530, have you experienced any of the symptoms mentioned in the above blog??

Mine was delivered June 16th & have been playing Unreal Tournament & Assassin's Creed on it from day 1!! No problems at all till now, have not witnessed any symptoms mentioned in the blog. And in any case, if there is a failure what's the problem? Dell will replace it for you under warranty *shrug*.

Hi Gurus,

Am looking to get a new laptop. I will be using it mainly for photoediting with Photoshop CS3 and for gaming (race simulation).

I am kind confused by the range and options of the processors from AMD and Intel.

Heard that AMD's are more efficient. I dun want the one that I am gonna get to become obsolete at least for 6 months special when it comes to gaming.

Thanks in Advance.

Guys,

I am in a hunt for laptop to a range of Rs40000. Shorlty one of my cousins is flying from Dubai, he's advised me to visit Jumbo Electronics Company Dubai UAE - the largest distributor of consumer electronics and technology products in Dubai and in all over UAE ( United Arab Emirates ) however I found these prices way higher than India. Do you think having it from Dubai will be cheaper and of better quality, if yes, is there any other site which has the best rates from Dubai ?

Pls. advise urgently

Thanks,
Tarun.

P.S. In India, I had shortlisted Dell Inspiron 1525 : 2.0 Ghz Processor, gb RAM, 160 HDD with approx.39000/-

Also similar for Camera, but will post in camera section.