Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 13:09   #1171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Online Coupons | Cash Back is another superb deal / discount / coupon sight.

I have gotten some suppppper deals via fatwallet.

Was an active member on it while i was in the US.

Deals2buy: Everyday hot deals and coupons & DealsOfAmerica.com-Online Coupons, Hot Deals, Coupons, Online Shopping, Online Deals & Freebies! are great too.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:26   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am planning to upgrade my Hp laptop's ram. Wanted to know what are current prices for 1 GB & 2Gb single ram cards

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th July 2008 at 19:32.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:50   #1173
Senior - BHPian

www.deltapage.com - this would give you a rough idea, I've found that store rates are cheaper than those in the site.
Old 15th July 2008, 02:50   #1174

Hi guys!
I need to purchase a laptop by september, and I'm supremely confused about which one to select! I know there's still a lotta time n stuff, but the fact that i'm gettin a laptop has gotten me all worked up and excited!
so i hope my fellow tbhpians can help me out on this!

Firstly, my budget is around 60-65k.. And since it's for college use(leavin for my mba in oct.!), i want somethin thats small and portable! I don't mind a 15", but would greatly prefer a 13" or 14"...!!
So after doin a lotta homework, i've come down to the following laptops..

Dell - XPS - M1330..

Dell - XPS - M1530..

Sony - VAIO - VGN-CR363/B..

Sony - VAIO - VGN-FZ35GN..

Starting off with Dell, i've been hearing a lotta complaints bout the slot loading dvd drive making too much sound, and also the touchpad becoming a little non-responsive at times!
Now is the sound from the dvd drive a really big issue? Is it like really loud and irritating? Or something which is ok and not a big deal for a college student?

Right from my childhood, i have admired the quality of sony products, and thats the only reason why VAIO is juggling in my mind, coz it's finish is perfect and it looks AWESOME!!
But every single person keeps tellin me to go in for a Dell...!!
The problem is that there aren't any Dell dealers here in Goa, and so i have no idea bout how the xps looks and feels when held in the hand!
And i have this really weird obsession of not buying stuff without knowing what it feels like!

Next, gaming power is essential for me! And i've been a Geforce freak for a long long time! But i have absolutely no idea bout ATI's cards!
So this might seem a dumb question..
Which is better and more powerful?
ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 128mb or NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 128mb..?

Finally, International warranty is preferred, as i'll be moving to singapore in oct. and will be there for atleast a year!

I'd even considered Alienware's Area 51-m15x, but i dont know whether they have a service center in singapore?

Sorry bout the long post guys, as i said, i'm really excited and really confused!! Hope someone can answer all my queries and help me make a final decision on which laptop to buy!
Thanks!!
Old 15th July 2008, 10:41   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
www.deltapage.com - this would give you a rough idea, I've found that store rates are cheaper than those in the site.
Thanks Dude, thats a nice site for price checks
Old 15th July 2008, 12:25   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilr87 View Post
Starting off with Dell, i've been hearing a lotta complaints bout the slot loading dvd drive making too much sound, and also the touchpad becoming a little non-responsive at times!
Now is the sound from the dvd drive a really big issue? Is it like really loud and irritating? Or something which is ok and not a big deal for a college student?
It is only during loading/ejecting that the drive makes a slight sound & it is otherwise silent. I do not find it irritating & it is not loud.

Quote:
The problem is that there aren't any Dell dealers here in Goa, and so i have no idea bout how the xps looks and feels when held in the hand!
And i have this really weird obsession of not buying stuff without knowing what it feels like!
There are no DELL dealers anywhere till now. You order on the phone/net & they deliver to your home/office. And yes, not being able to see the product is indeed a problem.

Quote:
Next, gaming power is essential for me! And i've been a Geforce freak for a long long time! But i have absolutely no idea bout ATI's cards!
So this might seem a dumb question..
Which is better and more powerful?
ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 128mb or NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 128mb..?
I would suggest you buy the 1530/1330 with Geforce 8600M 256mb. That's what I bought & you can read the complete specs a few pages back.

Quote:
Finally, International warranty is preferred, as i'll be moving to singapore in oct. and will be there for atleast a year!
They come standard with Asia Pacific warranty so Singapore is covered already. Do check with the sales guy just to be sure though.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:41   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
There are no DELL dealers anywhere till now. You order on the phone/net & they deliver to your home/office. And yes, not being able to see the product is indeed a problem.
Just to correct with a info that DELL is already available offline, at dealers shelves. Every major city has got DELL retailed at the computer retailers. You can get pre-customized Insipiron and XPS readily available.

Cheers
Old 15th July 2008, 12:50   #1178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Just to correct with a info that DELL is already available offline, at dealers shelves. Every major city has got DELL retailed at the computer retailers. You can get pre-customized Insipiron and XPS readily available.

Cheers
Noida sector 18 even has a dell exclusive store.
Dell philosophy of no dealers makes sense in a place where labor is expensive.
But in a country like India, where online buying is still regarded as taboo by a large section of buyers, it makes sense to have store presence
Old 15th July 2008, 12:53   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
But in a country like India, where online buying is still regarded as taboo by a large section of buyers, it makes sense to have store presence

Dell has started having stores. In fact we have one here in Coimbatore (Bloom Computers). You can touch, feel and buy all products of Dell.
Old 15th July 2008, 14:46   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Damn!! I didn't know that! Tanveer where is the store in Sector 18?
Old 15th July 2008, 14:53   #1181
Team-BHP Support

Its near the ICICI bank ATM(Near Red Tape showroom). This is across the park opposite Kotak
Old 15th July 2008, 15:39   #1182

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
It is only during loading/ejecting that the drive makes a slight sound & it is otherwise silent. I do not find it irritating & it is not loud.
I would suggest you buy the 1530/1330 with Geforce 8600M 256mb. That's what I bought & you can read the complete specs a few pages back.
yea i read your specs! they're awesome!!
thanks for the info. mate!
can you plz tell me whats the system rating given by vista for your xps?!
Old 17th July 2008, 11:34   #1183
BHPian

Guys need help. I have loaded XPP OS in my R-60 lenovo thinkpad and this is where the jerks begin....No applications running. Downloded all the drivers but still nothing is working. No vidoe no sound no wireless network. I had Vista Business installed when bought the system and the current verson is pirated
Old 17th July 2008, 12:02   #1184

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Guys need help. I have loaded XPP OS in my R-60 lenovo thinkpad and this is where the jerks begin....No applications running. Downloded all the drivers but still nothing is working. No vidoe no sound no wireless network. I had Vista Business installed when bought the system and the current verson is pirated
try re-installing windows..
and if it stil doesnt work, try installing a different copy..
btw, did you use a quick install version? the one wherein you dont have to enter any product key?! coz most of the times, such versions cause these problems!
even i use a R-60..
Old 17th July 2008, 14:26   #1185
BHPian

I have entered the product key but would try again anyways. What about the OS that you are using with your system..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks