Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-445.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kochup (Post 5359941)
Request you to please post a quick user review of this laptop if possible, i am looking at getting a Vivobook Ryzen 5500u (non-OLED) during an upcoming sale.

The other option i am looking at is HP Pavilion 5625u laptop.

Thanks

HP Pavilion 14-EC1019AU is a good laptop considering the Vivobook Ryzen 5500u as it has a better Ryzen 5625U processor which offers better performance and power efficiency, it would be a good choice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 5360374)
Get a laptop with SSD only. Else it will be a laggy experience even on a i7 processor. You can look at some options below:
https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Inspiron-...dp/B09TNWYR3Q/

Thank you to all! Picked up the above one for ~27K after discounts/cashbacks. Very happy with it - bought 8 gb RAM too, awaiting delivery.

I had 4 years warranty on my Dell Laptop. Now the warranty is coming to an end. I want to know what others do for post warranty repairs? Do you continue going to the brand's service center for paid service or neighbourhood repair shops?

Do local shops manage to easily source original parts for repair?

What kind of prices do official repair shops charge? Is it reasonable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 5372590)
I had 4 years warranty on my Dell Laptop. Now the warranty is coming to an end. I want to know what others do for post warranty repairs? Do you continue going to the brand's service center for paid service or neighbourhood repair shops?

After warranty, the prices charged by official repair shops are quite outrageous, so, I usually don't continue with the brand service centre after warranty for repairs.
The neighbourhood repair shops in my area do repairs for much cheaper and usually they manage original parts. In the rare case they don't, I arrange for the parts online and get it repaired from their side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 5372590)

Check some of the Companies dealing with refurbished laptops. These guys have tie ups with companies and offer warranty on parts that they replace such as Battery/Hard Disk and RAM. They have a good interlock with the part suppliers and are able to source good quality parts. There are several such companies in Bangalore (Simtech Computers, Pixel Technologies, Centura Technologies etc.) - should be there in your area/city as well. Easiest way to locate such dealers is search for refurbished laptops on OLX in your area and you will find them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunbaj (Post 5350421)
Getting a laptop with the below configuration for aprox. 800$ including taxes. Do suggest if this is a good buy. I do not play games nor am I interested in a 2-in-one laptop.

Brand: HP
Model15-eg2073cl
Color: Blue

Features: Backlit Keyboard
Features: Integrated Webcam
Features: Numeric Keypad
Generation: Intel 12th Generation
Graphic Card: Integrated Graphics
Memory (RAM): 16 GB
Operating System: Windows OS
Optical Drive: No Optical Drive
ProcessorIntel: Core i7
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Screen Size: 15.6 in.
Screen Type: Touchscreen
SSD Size: 512 GB
Storage Drive Type: SSD
Wireless Networking: Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) Gig+ and Bluetooth®

Finally got the above laptop sourced from Costco for $802. Very very satisfied with the overall performance and build quality. Super fast with backlit keyboard. The battery backup is also around 3 to 4 hours with regular usage. No heating issues as posted in some reviews. I do not play games but do watch educational YouTube videos.

Any recent users of a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 or 7 Plus here?
Any feedback (good or bad) would be welcome.

Received the Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" last week when my friend travelled from the US for which I had called out the details of purchase experience earlier here -

Excellent fit and finish and overall quality and very happy with the purchase. (Purchased in USA @Best Buy)
The 16 inch form factor is serving the needs well - its a good option for people who need portability but possibly not on a daily basis...

Lenovo did launch the 7th Gen Yoga 7i Series in India as well but they did not release the 16 inch version here though. Maybe its planned for a future date - not sure.

My initial review and thoughts here: Lenovo Yoga 7i

Hi! Much repeated question here but didn't find a definitive answer.
Looking to buy a 13-14 inch screen 2 in 1 laptop with touchscreen.
Was thinking of an i5, 256gb something preloaded with Windows & Microsoft office.
General use, easy to travel with & use, premium build for around 60k
Have read about the Asus zenbook flip, the Lenovo Yoga & Microsoft Surface models.
Any suggestions from actual users? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5365148)
Thank you to all! Picked up the above one for ~27K after discounts/cashbacks. Very happy with it - bought 8 gb RAM too, awaiting delivery.

How's has been your experience with the laptop? I have a similar requirement for a home laptop and don't want to spend much. Need one for emails and occasional video calls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5383896)
How's has been your experience with the laptop? I have a similar requirement for a home laptop and don't want to spend much. Need one for emails and occasional video calls.

Hi, very happy with it. Perfect for my mostly cloud -based thin client use. Came with Office 21 too which was a bonus. Screen is good enough and graphics adequate for my use case. Fitted the Crucial 8 gb extra RAM which helped matters.

Only cribs are unlit keys and a little bit of flex when I press the keyboard itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5383921)
Hi, very happy with it. Perfect for my mostly cloud -based thin client use. Came with Office 21 too which was a bonus. Screen is good enough and graphics adequate for my use case. Fitted the Crucial 8 gb extra RAM which helped matters.

Only cribs are unlit keys and a little bit of flex when I press the keyboard itself.

The link directs to a model which already has a 8gb RAM. Am I missing something here?

Also have you made any video calls on it? If yes, how is the camera quality and was there any lag due to a slower processor?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5383933)
The link directs to a model which already has a 8gb RAM. Am I missing something here?

Also have you made any video calls on it? If yes, how is the camera quality and was there any lag due to a slower processor?

Came with 8 and I bought 8 more :D. Simple DIY fitment in 5 minutes flat.
Have tried video calls with WhatsApp, Teams & Meet. Works as well as my 60K Lenovo. I at least could not discern any difference and nor did I face any comments from the other side.

One additional point is that the keyboard is likely a full-size one with wider keys + an 'extra' number pad. I like it but my kids cribbed as they are unused to such wide keys, and kept pressing the wrong keys by reflex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5383951)
Came with 8 and I bought 8 more :D. Simple DIY fitment in 5 minutes flat.
Have tried video calls with WhatsApp, Teams & Meet. Works as well as my 60K Lenovo. I at least could not discern any difference and nor did I face any comments from the other side.

One additional point is that the keyboard is likely a full-size one with wider keys + an 'extra' number pad. I like it but my kids cribbed as they are unused to such wide keys, and kept pressing the wrong keys by reflex.

One last help: could you share the link for the RAM you ordered? I will place an order as well tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5383959)
One last help: could you share the link for the RAM you ordered? I will place an order as well tonight.

Of course, my pleasure:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B08C4Z..._b_asin_image#