Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-440.html)

You should check out MSI's laptops. They are absolute VFM laptops with great specs. My cousin picked up an i5 laptop of the Katana series 5 months ago upon my recommendation and is absolutely happy with the way it performs. This specific version though 10k above your budget seems like the best you can get at that price point-

MSI Katana GF66 Core i7 11th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050/144 Hz) Katana GF66 11UC-628IN Gaming Laptop (15.6 inches, Black, 2.25 kg) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09NDX1MM6/...MF68SRK25P8MFV

Happy shopping! :)

Quote:

You should check out MSI's laptops. They are absolute VFM laptops with great specs. My cousin picked up an i5 laptop of the Katana series 5 months ago upon my recommendation and is absolutely happy with the way it performs. This specific version though 10k above your budget seems like the best you can get at that price point-

But sir, this is 2.2 kg heavy and does not look like a notebook:crying
And I expected more people to help me out with this problem, seems like not many have seen this post:sadface

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak (Post 5310956)
I am a student and watch videos for my education. I also do casual gaming like Forza Horizon; in future I might also do some designing.
SO basically, if it’s a Gaming Notebook then it will be good.

A thin and light gaming laptop is a pretty tough ask within the budget you have outlined. Asus Vivobook Pro 14x is a really good option. Especially when you consider the 90hz Oled display with super quick response times, good brightness, and next to no latency :thumbs up

Quote:

Asus Vivobook Pro 14x is a really good option. Especially when you consider the 90hz Oled display
Sir I have heard about screen burning in OLED Screen, its sensitive to water, I am concerned about its reliability, please suggest what to do.

Quote:

Dear mods, please delete this thread if it isn't appropriate, I thank each and everyone who have made such a great website. Highly appreciated:Cheering:

Greetings everyone!

I currently use a 2013 Lenovo B310 idea Center all in one desktop, from the past 1 year it’s giving me a lot of issues like Overheating, USB ports not working, videos not playing etc. Finally, I have decided to get an upgrade. I couldn't find any proper guidance, so I decided to come here as I have seen quite a few people sharing about Gadgets.
My usage
I am a student and watch videos for my education. I also do casual gaming like Forza Horizon; in future I might also do some designing.
SO basically, if it’s a Gaming Notebook then it will be good.

My budget is around 80K-85K max. I am open to any brand. I am also planning to sell my HP laptop; I have got a quote of 15K for it.

Now I turn to you dear BHPians, please guide me on my new Gadget.
Thanks.

Thin and light means you get a inferior processor. You have to first decide if you want a gaming laptop or a sleek standard one. The processor also varies between both where you get a proper H series CPU in gaming laptops while the thin laptops usually get the U series CPU which perform slightly low. Also generally the thin laptops mostly come with onboard graphics or a lower powered gpu with a low tgp. A 1650 on a gaming laptop will be running at a higher capacity than a thin laptop. Graphics especially video can be demanding so think it well. Look for acer swift x, its within your budget with your requirements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay6988 (Post 5271336)
Guys I'm looking for a new laptop for daily usage, occasional office work too, no gaming at all...

Any suggestions are welcome, TIA !

After looking through n number of laptops and reading thier reviews, I finally bought Asus TUF F15 gaming laptop ! I was looking at buying laptop online as I wanted to exchange my old Lenovo laptop (2014 make) So one fine day casually browsing got this offer for this particular Asus gaming laptop which was retailing for 55,000 ₹ ! Immediately ordered one and exchanged my old laptop which brought down total price to 45,000 ₹ ! Isn't that sweet deal :) Oh yes, I'll also get to do some light gaming on it. Main specifications - 10th gen i5, 8 / 512 GB memory, 4GB graphics card and 144Hz FHD display !

Likes -
Dislikes -
I've registered the laptop on myAsus website, but how do I register it for warranty ? Any help in this regard would be great ! And thank you all for your feedbacks, they certainly helped :)

Quote:

My requirements:
-Thin and light (less than 2.0Kgs)
-Should look like a notebook
-14- or 15-inch screen size
-Should have a camera
-GTX 1650 graphics card only
-i5,i7,Ryzen 7,Ryzen 7 processors only(i7 Ryzen 7 better)
-Should run games like Forza Horizon on medium settings
-Planning to keep it for 5 years minimum
-8 GB ram, 512 GB SSD (if upgradable better)
-Adequate battery with 5 hours of backup is enough

There is an Asus ROG flow X13, that might suit your requirement. It's very light (~1.3KG) and has a 5900H processor with a 1650 card (35W probably) in it. Costs a little more than your budget though (around 1L INR) and has a smaller display at 13.3 inches.

Any feedback on the new Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro and Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 laptops that were recently launched in India? Are they any good?

My 10 year old Dell XPS had become extremely slow. Bootup used to take a good 30 mins and launching any application used to take a good 15 mins. This inspite of having 6GB RAM and i7 processor. I had paid around 75k when I bought it(top spec).

I gave it for service nearby to see if performance can be improved. They cleaned fan, heat sink and upgraded OS to win 10. When it came back, it was marginally better. But still slow. Thought of buying a corporate laptop through my contacts(Lenovo,hp etc). It was costing around 28-30k

Last week, had a vendor from my company come home to upgrade my office laptop. Showed him my personal laptop. He told me that upgrading to SSD will blow me away. I agreed based on a condition that I won't pay a single dime if performance doesn't improve. Upgraded to 512GB SSD with 2 year warranty. Paid 6k and better yet, i did not have to step out of my door. It's now as fast as my hp elitebook:-).

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil_007 (Post 5313632)
My 10 year old Dell XPS had become extremely slow. Bootup used to take a good 30 mins and launching any application used to take a good 15 mins. This inspite of having 6GB RAM and i7 processor. I had paid around 75k when I bought it(top spec).

I gave it for service nearby to see if performance can be improved. They cleaned fan, heat sink and upgraded OS to win 10. When it came back, it was marginally better. But still slow. Thought of buying a corporate laptop through my contacts(Lenovo,hp etc). It was costing around 28-30k

Last week, had a vendor from my company come home to upgrade my office laptop. Showed him my personal laptop. He told me that upgrading to SSD will blow me away. I agreed based on a condition that I won't pay a single dime if performance doesn't improve. Upgraded to 512GB SSD with 2 year warranty. Paid 6k and better yet, i did not have to step out of my door. It's now as fast as my hp elitebook:-).

All this points to your hard disk going bad, with a lot of bad sectors. Otherwise no laptop will take so long to boot.

Any way you have got an SSD now, but in future if the boot time goes beyond a few minutes get the HDD checked first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke1972 (Post 5303697)
Well after reading all the replies and especially that MS Office is much better in Windows I am having second thoughts regarding the Macbook Air. Visited a Reliance digital shop and did browse through the collection of Mac and Win laptops on offer. The HP, Asus and Lenovo Yoga felt good but sadly they did not have the x series from Lenovo which I was looking to compare vs the Macbook Air. Lets see how this journey goes.

An update - after spending sometime with the various laptops and brands finally did settle on Lenovo X13 gen2 ThinkPad. Did cost a wee bit (25%) over the original budget. However I did have an itch for an X series ThinkPad and this seemed the best given all the pros and cons.

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea, what is the ETA for 12th Gen P or U series laptops in India?

Currently only select OEMs (Samsung) are offering that. But that's too steep for me. I'm looking for something in the 50-60k category

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil_007 (Post 5313632)
Upgraded to 512GB SSD with 2 year warranty. Paid 6k and better yet, i did not have to step out of my door. It's now as fast as my hp elitebook:-).

6k for a 512 SSD is an amazing price. May I know more details about the make and model of the SSD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnkgrg (Post 5323299)
Hey guys, does anyone have any idea, what is the ETA for 12th Gen P or U series laptops in India?

Currently only select OEMs (Samsung) are offering that. But that's too steep for me. I'm looking for something in the 50-60k category

Already here specially in H versions. once i3 versions launch the prices will be much lower.

https://www.dell.com/en-in/work/shop...16-5620-laptop

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishv (Post 5323793)
6k for a 512 SSD is an amazing price. May I know more details about the make and model of the SSD?

Sure. Its "Consistent -2.5inch SATA III 6GB/s SSD". I wrongly mentioned it as 2 year warranty while in fact it says 5 years warranty on the box.

Btw, the price also includes HDD External Case + SATA to USB cable.(Existing HDD is now converted to Portable HDD)