Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-436.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 (Post 5225820)
If you are going to be zero gaming and no work load on a machine then I personally feel 60k is a bit too much to put in.

Very much agree to this line of thought. While there would be some work load, it would be at the minimal level only. Thanks for providing a different perspective. Will look at the options in these area as well.

Similar to you : HP for a long time, it had been me : Dell since, if I remember right, 2007.

Is this the HP-Ryzen3 one you are referring to??

And, of course, looking forward to your feedback after using it for a couple of days :thumbs up. I believe, I can wait till then.

Thanks!

Yes it is the one. Got it from Flipkart as I trust it over Amazon for some reason I myself don't know, haha. Also to add, I too never used AMD till now but Ryzen does have some nice reviews and it seems is much better than the intel's counterpart. For me 256gb ssd will work as I don't need much space for office work.

I will definitely update you once I get it up and running.

Quote:

Originally Posted by callvvijay (Post 5225850)
And, of course, looking forward to your feedback after using it for a couple of days :thumbs up. I believe, I can wait till then.

Thanks!

Okay, have been using it for 3-4 days now. It comes with Windows 10 but immediately has a notification for Win 11 upgrade once you setup the updates. Which I did. And I like it. As I said, it is only and only for office work, which is mainly tally, excel, gmail, etc. But I have also got many apps downloaded and running simultaneously like alexa, amazon music, prime video, whatsapp, your phone, etc.

The processor runs very smoothly and is swift. Very light on the hands and the display is great. The fan noise was last heeard when it was upgrading to Win 11 and after that it has vanished. If you are looking for what you said you are, I would suggest go for this eyes closed. HP is a brand I personally trust and hence went with it inspite of Asus which was offering fingerprint scanner and was 1k less.

My Dell Inspiron 7548 keyboard is acting up. Many keys need multiple presses to register and sometimes a single key press results in multiple outputs. Looks like the keyboard is shot.

Any idea where I can procure original Backlit keyboard ? Dell service center does not have in stock.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 5243526)
My Dell Inspiron 7548 keyboard is acting up.

https://pctech.co.in/ is one option. I paid 1900 for backlit keyboard for Inspiron last month.

I have been looking to buy a new laptop and went through last few pages. I am looking for i5 with 16GB RAM/512GB SSD and the below 2 models from Lenovo popped up.

The price difference is about 1K, however, it is not clear what exactly is the difference between these models apart from model#. Can anyone help here?

1. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09G9Z32KW/?tag=tbhp0e-21&th=1 (Model: 82FG014DIN)

2. https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Keyboar...09G9Z32KW?th=1 (Model: 82FG013WIN)

I also found the below model that has 8GB RAM but has a 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD. Not sure how this model fares compared to the 512GB SSD models. I felt the 8GB RAM might be too less compared to ROM it is offering.

https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-ThinkBo...09G9Z32KW?th=1

Looking for advise as I need something that is reliable and fairly future proof i.e. not feel outdated in the next 3- 4 years.

Thank you

Hi friends!

I am looking to enhance my WFH setup by adding a wide screen monitor.

My problem is that my work laptop has very restrictive permissions and hence I want to use this monitor for both my personal as well as work laptop at the same time

Now my question is, if there is a way to setup this arrangement with both machines active at the same time with minimal wiring and a common keyboard and mouse setup.:confused:

I am aware of KVM switch based setup but i dont want to switch between displays and instead need both screens visible to me at the same time.

Goes without saying that no software can be installed on work computer:Frustrati

I have a KVM switch to toggle the keyboard and mouse between my work and play laptops. I was also planning to get a monitor but would have used another switch to toggle between the outputs of both the laptops. But your ask of having both the outputs displayed on a single monitor without any s/w getting installed on the laptops seems challenging. Lets see if some expert can point out to a solution. May help me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by efgritesh (Post 5245334)
Now my question is, if there is a way to setup this arrangement with both machines active at the same time with minimal wiring and a common keyboard and mouse setup.:confused:

Some of LG's wide-screen 34' monitors come with a dual-linkup feature that allows you to connect two devices to it and have their displays appear in split screen mode on the monitor. Not sure whether it works reliably though.

Quote:

Hi friends!

I had a similar requirement, but I was able to solve it pretty easily by using remote desktop.

I just remotely access my work machine from my personal PC and use the personal PC for other stuff.. I can arrange the windows however I want and I can even copy paste stuff from the remote PC to my personal one.

However I guess your company might not allow you to access your work laptop remotely.

Is there any way one can purchase a 15.6 inch Surface Pro 4 Laptop in India (Online / Offline)? Not available in any E-Comm marketplace last time I checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasi55 (Post 5245798)
Some of LG's wide-screen 34' monitors come with a dual-linkup feature that allows you to connect two devices to it and have their displays appear in split screen mode on the monitor. Not sure whether it works reliably though.

Just checked Geekyranjit's review of the same. You have to download and install a special software in both the laptops for this dual input functionality to work. So this will not help the present use case.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchjyoti (Post 5246405)
You have to download and install a special software in both the laptops .

Link

Only reasonable setup i could figure out without installing any software is to go for a dual monitor setup with a USB switcher for working with one keyboard and mouse. In terms of price also its not going to cost a bomb. With this approach you get at least two active displays at all the time and you are one click away to select either of the two. Its a compromise:unhappy but looks like only possible option at the time:confused:.

Quote:

I am aware of KVM switch based setup but i dont want to switch between displays and instead need both screens visible to me at the same time.

Since you are going to keep both the laptops powered on all the time, you can put both of them along side each other in the space of a wide monitor. Why looking for more hassle?

My old HP Pavilion x360 convertible started to breathe it's last with the battery not able to hold charge and finally not able to charge itself altogether. It was also heating up for no reason and the touch screen started acting up. Had already spent considerable sum in upgrading it by adding an SSD and also added 8 GB of RAM too couple of years back. Must say it did serve me well for the past 5 years for my post graduation and it also took care of my WFH requirements for a while. (Now taken care of by my employer provided Dell Latitude 5410)

Finally went on Amazon and spotted this deal for the 13 inch 2020 MacBook Air M1 256 GB SSD Rose Gold for 63,000 INR after exchange value of 15k of the old HP along with added bonus and card discounts which shaved another few thousands. Gave it a thought and finally went for it. Me thinks it's a steal deal and it fits my requirements perfectly. Moving across after 2 decades of windows ;) My budget was 60k as well.

Just posting this here in case someone is looking out for something on similar lines.

Cheers !!!